Christian_Lucas
lyokowarri0r

I believe in God. But why don't you?

lyokowarri0r

Christian_Lucas

Con

I believe in God. But why don't you? Specifically I do believe in God, I mean like- How could the earth be in a perfect temperature with huge supply of water to drink, Trees, Animals and LIFE. It's been years for scientist to do research about finding a planet that has life, but sadly did not find any. Some planets may have been close but still has a possibility that it isn't. Do you still need more proof to know that God is real?
lyokowarri0r

Pro

My philosophy on God or many gods is a bit complicated and I will talk about it in another round. I mean no disrespect and it is fine to have faith, but your logic seems to be a bit flawed. The idea that Earth is just perfect shows God must exists is not a true statement. Think about rolling a die. You need to roll 100 6s in a row. It is hard to do. You can't do anything to increase chance to do it, but the CHANCE is there. And that is why we are here: chance. You just have to roll enough.
Christian_Lucas

Con

Christian_Lucas forfeited this round.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

The reason people believe in God is that they were told to. Someone has a certain belief, they are not convinced from logic, facts, or reality, but become more entrenched. It may be hard to grasp evolution or the creation of the universe but that does not change the facts around them. We must not pick and choice what evidence fits with our theory, we must change the theory to the facts...that is the way of science. God has no evidence of existence and a claim without that can be dismissed.
Christian_Lucas

Con

Christian_Lucas forfeited this round.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

I do not believe in God because I see it as not mattering. If he , is all knowing, and has his divine plan, then there is no reason to care if he is up there or even pray to him. Why would he change his plan for you? You are nothing to him. However, if he cannot change the world and is just an observer, then there is still no reason to pray or believe in him. Any logic is support of God can be dismissed or be used for anything i.e. Andrew Jackson is God.
Christian_Lucas

Con

Christian_Lucas forfeited this round.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

Con speaker seems to not want to debate. The main premise of the pro side is that I cannot disprove god or that this world cannot exist from chance. We can seen clearly that many things happen because of chance, and if given enough time, anything can occur. I would also state that the pro side has not brought forward any evidence to support his belief. Any claim made without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Posted by Christian_Lucas 1 year ago
Christian_Lucas
Do we need evidence to proof that God is real? Isn't life enough evidence? Truly God has been in our daily living, providing peace in our economization. What made us who we are, and what we should be. Who made us believe that every problem has a solution. And that being makes us stronger and courageous every moment we face danger and etc. We won't force you to believe him, it's yours to decide whether to.
Posted by JoaquinBarzi 1 year ago
JoaquinBarzi
I know (Or, to be more accurate, i assume with a high degree of certainty) that i have a brain, because of the observations that have been carried out throughout history show that humans that live have brains. Since i am a human and i am alive, i inductively reason that i must have a brain. I cant know for sure. I could be proven wrong. But the empirical evidence is so overwhelming, that disbelieving in that statement makes no sense to me.
Posted by Brendan21 1 year ago
Brendan21
@ Sakura That is a terrible and fallacious analogy. People have seen other people's brains and you can easily get scans done (as I have) to see images of your brain. There is empirical evidence and proof that the brain exists. There is no evidence what so ever that any kind of God exists or that the Bible is in any way an accurate piece of writing.
Posted by Sakura_Khate143 1 year ago
Sakura_Khate143
i do believe in God,
I do believe that i have brain, though i haven't seen it,
God Created us, All living things in the world ...
His Powerful, and Almighty,

if you don't believe whom you can't see, more than your brain, you can't and haven't seen also,
check this out for more enlightenment, i prefer you check this out ,,, you can post or cooment, about your thoughts and doubts about what is going on your mind about God, ^^
https://twitter.com...
Posted by JoaquinBarzi 1 year ago
JoaquinBarzi
True. Also, i didnt mention, most of the search being carried out aims for INTELLIGENT life in the universe, which could be a rarer breed than ordinary life. The information we can get from planets thousands of light years away only tells us if there is intelligent life there. Bacterias dont answer electromagnetic senials.
After all, life on earth has existed for more than 3 billion years, but we have been trying to comunicate with outer space for less than 100. In a time scale, that would mean intelligent life is 30 million times more scarce than ordinary one.
Posted by Brendan21 1 year ago
Brendan21
@ Joaquin I completely agree with you about the age of the universe. I feel that the reason we have not discovered life yet is for two reasons. One, that a lack of funding has been put into the project in recent years as technology has grown exponentially. And two, because it seems to me that most life in the universe will probably take about as long as we did to form into what we are now. If the universe is teeming with life, most it is probably about as young as we are, with a few rare exceptions.
Posted by JoaquinBarzi 1 year ago
JoaquinBarzi
Also, the universe is relatively young. 13,7 billion years, compared to the 10*10 to the power of 96 (that is a 1 followed by 97 zeroes. There is plenty of time for new life to appear.
Posted by JoaquinBarzi 1 year ago
JoaquinBarzi
Its true that the chances of a planet having life are just that, chances.
It is also true that the sample of planets that scientists have been looking on is insignificantly small compared to the amount of planets in the universe, so saying there is no life outside earth based on the observations we have done is akin to saying there are no ants in Africa by just looking in a square foot of land.

Regarding the "perfect earth hypothesis". What science tells us is that the earth wasn't made for our preference but that, on the contrary, we evolved and adapted to suit earths reality.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
god belief is not necessary to live a good life.
Vote Placed by SkepticalAtheist 1 year ago
SkepticalAtheist
Christian_Lucaslyokowarri0rTied
Reasons for voting decision: After the con conceded, there is no way i can really vote for them regardless. Congrats to the pro