jonas.pointer
hwp460

I believe there are 2 genders, change my mind

jonas.pointer has forfeited round #2.

jonas.pointer

Pro

I believe there are two genders. I believe that gender and sex are the same thing and not disconnected. I believe that there is a very distinct way to figure out gender/sex, (X) and (Y) chromosomes. (Yes there are informalities but they are still a Boy or Girl.) Change my mind...
hwp460

Con

Saying there are two sexes and two genders are completely different things. I believe that there are two physical sexes existent, male and female. They are the physical existing of sexuality, however psychologically there is a big difference. It's not a matter of people are changing gender more than the definition of gender has changed in the last couple years. Gender is now how you identify yourself. You could look at it as self-naming, or even make yourself feel better by calling yourself what you want to be. Since each person is uniquely different, there are as many genders as the current population of the planet, because each of them has a different view of themselves. Gender is a made up concept, but due to that fact, there is a limitless amount of them.
Posted by buildingapologetics 5 months ago
buildingapologetics
@MagicAintReal People with Klinefelter's syndrome have a Y chromosome, so they are male. They have primary sex characteristics of men and secondary sex characteristics of men and women. By inspection, they are easily characterized as men with some feminine traits.

If you are using this as an excuse to justify transgender or nonbinary people, there are several problems with your argument. 1) Nearly every single one of these individuals does not have klinefelters, so it is not actually relevant. 2) By using Klinefelter's as a reason to justify more genders, you are equating biological sex and gender. This makes the idea of gender being an emotional state false, thus you undercut the rationale behind transgenderism. Either gender is based on biology or it is not. Thank you for agreeing that gender is based on biology.
Posted by MagicAintReal 5 months ago
MagicAintReal
Klinefelter Syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org...

People with Klinefelter are born with XXY instead of XX (female) or XY (male).
Noodle that one for a while.