yannikmarazia
Ariamus

I broke out of jail, should i be put back?

Ariamus

yannikmarazia

Con

I don't think so because I spent a lot of time trying to break out. So since I put in all that effort I shouldn't have to go back.
Ariamus

Pro

I accept your challenge. I will be arguing the pro side. As I realize this is a personal subject please keep in mind that I do not mean to offend by anything I say.
yannikmarazia

Con

I worked really hard to get out of jail I shouldn't have to go back
Ariamus

Pro

I thank my opponent for the opportunity for this debate, and wish him best of luck.

My opponent begins his Round 1 argument: "I don't think so because I spent a lot of time trying to break out."

You're justified in not wanting to let your actions go to waste, but when we consider what the actions in question are, your reasoning ceases to be valid. You were in jail (presumably) because you did something wrong, and even with the law aside, you're attempting to escape the punishment that you (presumably) deserve. It's unfair to every other prisoner that you don't have to get comeuppance for your actions, and they do.

Aside from the moral standpoint, you yourself may be in more danger now that you're out in society again. If you were to get arrested again, you would have the prison escape on your record, and even something as menial as a traffic stop can result in much worse consequences, and an even longer jail sentence. You could avoid this by turning yourself in, as the law tends to be more lenient to criminals who repent.

My opponent continues in Round 2: "I worked really hard to get out of jail I shouldn't have to go back".

This is invalid, as just because you worked hard on something doesn't make it right. For example, If I were to spend the next twenty years of my life planning a terror attack the likes of which haven't been seen since 9/11, would it be justified because I put lots of hard work into it? No, it would not. This is, of course, on a much smaller scale, but the same idea applies. It doesn't matter what your actions are as long as they've got the right motives.

Keep in mind, I feel bad for you. I don't think I would survive a week in jail. All of this may come across as me trying to put you in a corner, but I'm doing this for your good. Breaking out of jail is wrong, and the sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be.
yannikmarazia

Con

I don't think I should go back to jail because I don't deserve to go back. It just isn't fair.
Ariamus

Pro

I thank my opponent for his continuation of his argument. I don't know all the details, nor am I trained in criminal justice, so I'm going to assume that, for the sake of argument, you are innocent.

Even so, it's safer for you to just stay in jail, as breaking out is a crime that the police can tag you with. It's contradictory to break out of jail to prove one's innocence, as breaking out of jail removes one's innocence, as it is a crime.
Posted by Cristnogol 3 years ago
Cristnogol
Voters should vote based on the debate content, not based on their feelings on the subject.
Posted by Cristnogol 3 years ago
Cristnogol
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
I'M CALLIN THE PO PO ON YOU!

nac
Vote Placed by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
yannikmaraziaAriamusTied
Reasons for voting decision: No sympathy for trolls. :P
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
yannikmaraziaAriamusTied
Reasons for voting decision: In this debate, you've really got to sympathize with Con. He spent all that time trying to break out of prison, and Pro wants Con to be put back in? That's just mean and immoral.