TheBestFactMan
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

I can beat anyone at a debate.

xPrtN00bSn1p3r
Started: 12/15/2015 Category: Funny

TheBestFactMan

Pro

Pick a argument and accept.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Con

Anyone: Any person or people. https://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

Pro is a person, if not, they are not eligible to use this website as it's about me states "The premise of the website was to enable a PERSON of any creed, nationality, gender, or sexuality to have a platform to voice their opinions and to share ideas on any topic they choose." http://www.debate.org...

Either Pro is a person or they are not eligible to debate on this website.

Pro can't beat himself/herself as a debate because that would mean that they were beaten and thus failed to beat one of the group 'anyone'(s) and thus failed to uphold the resolution.

In conclusion, Pro is a person hence an example of anyone and thus cannot beat anyone at a debate as they would have to fail to beat himself/herself in order to beat himself/herself without which they could also not uphold the resolution as they are one of all 'anyone'(s) that exist.
TheBestFactMan

Pro

HAHAHA, I like how you think.

But consider this: If i am my self then i can not face myself, and if i did i would happen to do this: i would simply tell the other self to quit, and he will because if he quits then i win and when i win he would win because he is me.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Con

Pro concedes that when he wins 'other him' also wins, this is equally true for the loss of the 'other him' being his own and thus negates the resolution despite the win being shared also since if in any way Pro is being beaten in a debate, even by himself, then it is sufficient to disprove that he can beat anyone at a debate.
TheBestFactMan

Pro

in a argument i can still beat myself without losing or winning:

I simply have me and myself forfeit at the same time, so we both win and lose, so I have beaten myself.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Con

Correct, if you tie you have failed to beat yourself.

If you both win and lose, you lost which means you failed to beat yourself.

You cannot beat yourself and you are one of the many that fall under the category of 'anyone' this failure is not negated by the fact that the other you is also not being beaten.
TheBestFactMan

Pro

TheBestFactMan forfeited this round.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Con

xPrtN00bSn1p3r forfeited this round.
TheBestFactMan

Pro

TheBestFactMan forfeited this round.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Con

xPrtN00bSn1p3r forfeited this round.
Posted by BetteMidler 1 year ago
BetteMidler
Con, you were flawless. Don't pay attention to haters!
Posted by xPrtN00bSn1p3r 1 year ago
xPrtN00bSn1p3r
I prefer my tactic but yours would work also.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
I hope that He does use this definition. Its just that your argument is weak. This resolution is so easy to refute.

The problem with resolution is that its obviously false. Of course that he cannot beat anyone. For example He cannot beat someone that is unable to debate because He is dead since "anyone" is any person. This person does not need to be alive. Legally, a dead person is still a person with certain legal rights. This has to do with privacy, copyright law, medical rights, and inheritance.

He cannot beat anyone who is unable to accept the debate. Babies, mentally challenged, blind....
He cannot beat anyone who does not want to accept the debate.
Posted by xPrtN00bSn1p3r 1 year ago
xPrtN00bSn1p3r
If he uses that definition of beat, I will use different reasons why he is unable to do it to anyone.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
What difference does it make if its a debate or a physical fight with a club? To beat someone with arguments or with club results in the same conclusion. That someone is beaten. Let me give you an example:

The instigator might come tomorrow with some new insight about this resolution and offer some arguments that will beat his older points. Or He can forfeit all the rounds therefore deliberately beating himself in a debate.

In any case He can beat himself in a debate. It very very easy.
Posted by xPrtN00bSn1p3r 1 year ago
xPrtN00bSn1p3r
The resolution says 'at a debate', you cannot beat anyone at a debate with a club.

If Pro chooses to run this case, I shall counter it successfully.
Posted by TheBestFactMan 1 year ago
TheBestFactMan
Yea, thats true.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
I repeat He does not need to win in order to beat himself. Lets say that you beat yourself with a club. You just hit yourself very hard few times in head with a club and you have beaten yourself. Cons argument refuted.
Posted by KingofEverything 1 year ago
KingofEverything
He can make multi and beat himself.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Hahahha . Smart play Con. But I would say that it has one flaw. He didnt say that He will win. Pro only said that He can beat anyone. So He can beat himself by making himself lose and the proposition is true.
Vote Placed by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
TheBestFactManxPrtN00bSn1p3rTied
Reasons for voting decision: Had to disagree with pro simply because I don't believe he can beat anyone in debate.