Prodigenius
Marauder

I can debate nothing. :)

Marauder
Started: 5/16/2013 Category: News

Marauder

Con

My opponent cannot possibly fulfill the resolution because it is a non sense statement http://en.wikipedia.org... To say he can argue nothing cannot be considered to grammatically mean anything. Its terms inherently contradict.

To better explain this, I ask that you try to Imagine a Square Circle, or a Circle Triangle. What does it look like? Nothing right because its an impossible statement. A Triangle is defined as having 3 sides, while a circle is defined as having 0 sides. Either a shape has 3 sides or it has 0 sides, there is no such thing as a shape that has both 3 sides and 0 sides.

If my opponent is arguing, then He is arguing something by definition. If he is stating nothing however, then he is not fulfilling the definition of arguing, because arguing by definition must have something to contend or it is no longer an argument.

Thus to argue nothing is a nonsense meaningless statement. No one can fulfill it, not even my opponent.

He clearly thinks that if he makes a blank post that would be ‘arguing nothing’ that fulfills the resolution but obviously it does not, it only fulfills the ‘nothing part’ not the argument part.

I end my turn.

Prodigenius

Pro

Look I know who you think you are but really this debate was just made to give you an easy win. I felt sorry for all the debaters out there who had to win something.

You are a very nice person and all but there really is nothing here.

I am debating but I am debating nothing to be honest.

I liked your style of debate, veyr enlightening. Better luck next time my good opponent.

Have a nice round 3. :)
Marauder

Con

"I am debating but I am debating nothing to be honest."

can you see at what point in the above quoted statement my opponent began to argue 'something' as opposed to 'nothing'?

in this highlighted part

My opponent has engaged in debate over debating that he is in fact debating. thus debating something, as opposed to nothing. The resolution is thus negated.
Prodigenius

Pro

Yes I am debating but I am debating nothing at lal.

I have no arguments.
I have no contentions.
I have no debate.

I just have this ability to debate being put to use over a nothingness.
https://www.youtube.com...
Marauder

Con

If you watched the very entertaining video I posted in Round 1, you would have seen Monty Python Actor John Cleese demonstrate how simply taking up a contrary position to the other person can count as an argument, you do not actually need individual points of contintions to call it an argument.

However its actually a false statement when my opponent argues that he has no contentions, no arguments, no debate. below I quote him directly when he not only gave seperate contentions, but gave them in bulleted point by point true debate style fashion.

"Yes I am debating but I am debating nothing at lal.

1) I have no arguments
2) I have no contentions
3) I have no debate"

All of those in the above quote from my opponents final round is by definion a list of contentions and arguments. My opponent has been debating me in much the same manner John Cleese was holding a debate in that Monty Python Skit. He has repeatedly upheld taking a contrary stance to the stance I have held this debate, and he has made a list of his series of contentions and objections to argue why he is not actually in a debate.

I urge the voters to vote for Con as I have beyond a doubt demonstrated my opponent has been debating something in this debate.

I thank my opponent for this entertaining debate.
Posted by MattHarrison 3 years ago
MattHarrison
Monty python wins any argument.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
CVB has been requested against me by pro (even when it's already countered).

I stand by my vote. I do not disagree with Johnlubba's right to counter the vote (which he calls biased, but not a votebomb). I would have preferred a reasoning, other than dislike for the number of points which happened to land on one side. Yet I'm not worried about it, counter votes are fair, and should in general not be counter-countered.
Vote Placed by Zealous1 3 years ago
Zealous1
ProdigeniusMarauderTied
Reasons for voting decision: Why did that guy "balance an unbalanced vote" by choosing 6 points... If it's unbalanced then balance it by giving a few points not 6.... Whatever. Prodigenius doesn't deserve any points whatsoever.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
ProdigeniusMarauderTied
Reasons for voting decision: 6 points is a bias vote and unjustified.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
ProdigeniusMarauderTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Look I know who you think you are but really this debate was just made to give you an easy win." Making debates to assign wins to people strikes me as bad conduct. con's argument is heavily tied to his Monty Python source, and is the winning argument IMO.