Tonius5
Commondebator

I do not exist.

Commondebator
Started: 12/13/2014 Category: Funny

Tonius5

Con

This is just a joke debate because I am trying to get voting privileges. I don't care who wins or loses. Pro will try to prove that I do not exist. 1st round is for acceptance only.
Commondebator

Pro

I accept. The burden of proof is on you.

However, it is impossible to prove anything exists. I can simply state that you are part of a dream world that you do not know, as a rebuttal.

Good luck
Tonius5

Con

Thank you for accepting. The burden of proof being on me, I shall try my best.

How human perceive existence is all about Point of View. To me: I am a conscious, living, breathing bundle of biological matter than possessed a unique personality, mindset and values. But to anyone else, I may as well be a mentally robotic unit, existing for the sole purpose of deceiving the sentient into believing that they are part of a huge world that we all experience. What an individual thinks is real does not alter or influence what is actually real; while what is actually real can alter and influence what an individual thinks is real.
The short answer to the debate is that I cannot prove to you that I exist, as it is logically impossible to do so. But the same goes for proving that a person does not exist. The best evidence I have for my proof is my word and the fact that I am experiencing reality. But once again, it's all about Point of View.
Commondebator

Pro

Thanks for the reply

Now, the burden of proof is on you, as you have made the claim.

Unless you can prove to me that you are not a figure of my imagination, and I am simply hallucinating from an angry dream troll, your argument falls.
Tonius5

Con

I can assure that I am not a figment of anyone's imagination no matter who asserts such a thing. But what do we think of when we think that something exists? The topic is not specific to how one exists. If I am a part of a dreamland, it still means that my essence exists, but not on the same plane of reality as the one who thinks up the dreamland. So I exist, but possibly not in the same way as you might think.
Commondebator

Pro

"I can assure that I am not a figment of anyone's imagination no matter who asserts such a thing"

-> You do not sound very assuring, since it is possible that the dream troll may have programmed you to say that.

"The topic is not specific to how one exists"

->Actually, this topic is about "I do not exist", therefore it is in regards to your existence

"If I am a part of a dreamland, it still means that my essence exists"

->Actually, assuming that you are a figure of my imagination, and that my brain has been manipulated through an evil dream troll drug to just imagine that you exist, you really do not exist

Conclusion:

My opponent has not given any evidence proving he/she exists, and has not proven that he/she is not a figure of my imagination created by an evil dream troll through a strange drug that science does not yet understand.

Thanks for such an interesting debate.
Vote Placed by BLAHthedebator 1 year ago
BLAHthedebator
Tonius5CommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obviously, pro proves that con fails to fulfill his BoP.
Vote Placed by Leo.Messi 1 year ago
Leo.Messi
Tonius5CommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pretty even debate. "I think therefore I am."
Vote Placed by Luxray2854 1 year ago
Luxray2854
Tonius5CommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Quite an interesting debate.