tudaloo
CharlesWhitman

I have the right to remain skeptical about the new Transformers movie.

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

tudaloo

Pro

(1'st real debate. Yippe.)

I will argue that i have the right to be very skeptical about the new transformers movie while my opponent argues that i don't have to be.

The debate will consist on two rounds. The 2nd round is where me and whoever my opposition is to make there case.

Video clips can be used for this debate.
CharlesWhitman

Con

Did you see the trailer? It looks awesome. The CGI is top notch, killer, destroying all other trailers.

What could possibly go wrong with a Michael Bay film? The music is sick, the CGI is awesome, the Decepticons are fresh! There's absolutely no reason to be skeptical of this movie. Micheal Bay has never made a bad movie, and the two best movies ever made before this movie are Transformers and Eraser, but the third best movie of all time is Transformers 2!
tudaloo

Pro

My case for being skeptical

argument 1: The 1'st and 2'nd transformers movie wasn't received well by many critics.

As somewhat of a movie fanatic i am, i usually try to keep up on the reviews critics have to say about movies out because I'm somewhat cheep and want to get everything good out of my dollars. When i see that the majority of critic sites that i go to rated it somewhere between a 20-40%, it would make sense not to see a certain movie if a majority of the critic community despises it. When it comes to the transformers 3, the the majority of critics gave it some harsh ratings.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com...#

Argument 2: The only positive i know people say about Michale bays transformers movies are the cgi affects.

After the 2nd movie came out to theaters, i usually heard from a lot of people i know that it's a great action movie for its "bada$$" graphics. That was the only real positive thing i heard about transformers 2. If i really wanted to experience cool graphics and fight scenes, i could just download call of duty from pirate bay for free.

argument 3: Michael bay directed pearl harbor

Title says it all.
CharlesWhitman

Con

Did you expect a Casablanca? Transformers is an action movie and is sold as an action movie. The reviews agreed that the CGI and the action were there. If it had been marketed as an amazing movie with the most amazing performance by its cast ever to come along in this decade, then you might have reason to be skeptical. The movie is essentially the movie it was marketed to be, and therefore you have no reason to be skeptical. Furthermore, there are two other movies made by the same director, so you should expect it to be like those. This debate was not whether the movie was going to be good in regards to performance, but whether you should be skeptical of the movie. The movie was marketed as an action movie full of CGI, and it delivered that.
Posted by Double_R 6 years ago
Double_R
Yes I could not stand those damn "ghettobots". They got more time then Bumblebee and Optomus. WTF was Micheal Bay thinking? I know it is tough to imagine dozing off but try seeing a 1:35am show. After the movie I went out for breakfast!
Posted by CGBSpender 6 years ago
CGBSpender
haha ok fine. To be honest, I don't remember much about part 2 except the offensive "ghettobots" they were at once amusing and appalling. It was a very loud movie so I can't imagine dozing off. The whole Sentinel betraying the autobots thing was an ok twist. I suppose movies liek this are never supposed to be good anyway haha. That's Michael Bay for you.
Posted by Double_R 6 years ago
Double_R
lol, Charles brought back Eraser, wow
Posted by Double_R 6 years ago
Double_R
Yea, I agree with you about everything you said but give it some credit. This movie actually had a little bit of a mystique about it as the plot developed and a twist with Sentinel. Although it was mostly predictable after that and way to long considering the lack of depth it was still very entertaining. There were a lot of little things I did not like but I wouldn't say it brought down the whole movie. After all I saw a 1:35am show and kept dozing off, but then something in the movie would wake me right back up so that's entertaining enough for me.

Either way it was definitely much better then part 2. You got to give it that one.
Posted by CGBSpender 6 years ago
CGBSpender
The underlying "moral argument" was far more farcical than in both previous movies. The female characters were laughable and offensive. The whole "love" story was asserted not developped. The beginning was much slower and a lot stupider (though John Malkovitch is always amusing however you may spell his name). The movie didn't seem to take itself seriously. The fighting scenes were much bigger, but I wouldn't necessarily say they were better or cooler in any way. Megatron did not get the death he deserved this made me very sad. All 'n' all complete garbage. It would cost them little extra to give the plot some deapth and make the characters' relationships a little more compelling.
Posted by Double_R 6 years ago
Double_R
I don't know what you guys are talking a bout. It was pretty good! Not as good as part 1 but definately better then part 2.
Posted by CGBSpender 6 years ago
CGBSpender
I know right? It was terrible. Also, Megatron does not get a fair shake. Really sad.
Posted by Kinesis 6 years ago
Kinesis
Just saw it. Appalling film.
Vote Placed by GMDebater 6 years ago
GMDebater
tudalooCharlesWhitmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: lol. what? I honestly do not know what was going on.
Vote Placed by KeytarHero 6 years ago
KeytarHero
tudalooCharlesWhitmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: I disagree with Con. The first two Transformers movies were pretty awful (speaking as someone who grew up with the Transformers). The only good things about them were the CGI (the fight scenes were usually confusing as you couldn't tell which Transformer was which). I believe you should always approach movies with an air of skepticism, but I think Charles was spot on that they were advertised as mindless action flicks and that's what you'll get when you watch them.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
tudalooCharlesWhitmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: "There's absolutely no reason to be skeptical of this movie. Micheal Bay has never made a bad movie" - Con flipped his position on this in the last round however if that been consistent he would have won as Pro did not say skeptical of what. 3:2 Pro
Vote Placed by TheNerd 6 years ago
TheNerd
tudalooCharlesWhitmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Micheal Bay has never made a bad movie"? Lulz forever!
Vote Placed by Double_R 6 years ago
Double_R
tudalooCharlesWhitmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pros case was that the movie will not be good enough for him, but as Con pointed out he did not explain why he should be skeptical. Skepticism in this case comes from believing that the movie might not meet his expectations. But Pro started off by saying that parts 1 and 2 both had bad ratings, so there would be no reason for him to expect part 3 to be any better. Pro also looses SG because of constant failure to capitalize "i".