DarkEngine
theta_pinch

I hoped this site would improve my comunications but it has not.

theta_pinch

DarkEngine

Pro

I am very disappointed . I just signed up and debated against a troll. I was hoping to debate against the many intellectuals that are here. Instead I got a troll. What should I do now? How do I debate with the skilled, respected people here? How do I get passes ed the trolls?...............If I cant get passed this, its clear I am a lesser troll too.
theta_pinch

Con

I accept. State your case.
DarkEngine

Pro

First off I apologize again. I was entirely intoxicated when I made my comments. If you do not accept it I understand.
The reason I go upset is because I believe you simply pasted information which I do not believe to be your own. Regardless, its clear others do not think this to be the case as you have crushed me in the previous debate.
I ask you these questions
1)when one debates is it acceptable to post links when presenting your argument if not asked for?
2) did you copy and past any words that were not your own?
3) do you think its acceptable to paste information and call it a debate?
The 2 paragraphs you posted in our first debate were from wikipedia. (you quoted it) There was not a single thought of your own. Am I wrong? I could write an essay and then compare it to wikipedia Why would I need to come here ? Whats the point?
If a new member comes to this site and the first opponent he/she faces simple quotes data from another source is that debate?
theta_pinch

Con

Yes

Yes because I wouldn't be able to give a proper description with my limited knowledge.

We were debating whether or not time travel is possible so in that case yes, because what I needed was evidence to prove my case. Also I did explain my evidence.

That was a debate about whether or not something was impossible; in other words no opinions because opinions don't prove anything.

Read above.

CONCLUSION
What pro was expecting was probably philosophy.

DarkEngine

Pro

I don't care what your limited knowledge is. I have limits too. I expected a word for word conversation to express our point of view. If you try and express yourself in an argument,....I would never question it. As long as it is you. This is what a debate is about. Our views and expressions. Nobody can take this away from us. Only ourselves.
theta_pinch

Con

That's only true for debates about philosophy and funny debates. For any other kind your opinions don't matter; what matters is the facts and what you can prove. For example a creationis might say "I believe in creationism" as there argument in a debate about whether creationism is true but that is only their opinion it doesn't prove anything. Basically you want philosophy.
Posted by Fukkum 3 years ago
Fukkum
Con is the same person who debated DarkEngine (And who he/she was reffering to as a troll). Ironic, don't you think?
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
Okay; but for future reference it's a good idea to not insult people in debates and make arguments.
Posted by DarkEngine 3 years ago
DarkEngine
can we sign a peace treaty Pinch?............Im new here. Cut me some slack. Peace?
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
Also this is not a debate.
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
You also realize that you are the one who's trolling?
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
...You know that there are forums where you can ask these sorts of questions, right?
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
DarkEnginetheta_pinchTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'd like advice Pro that whatever the opponent states, you need to rebut and state your opinions of your own. Don't just complain, come up with your arguments and make counter arguments. I've seen your previous case about time travel, I agree con stated from Wikipedia but you could have made counter-arguments and you had a fair chance to win.