OrangeBlossom
EveeFlame11

I know your real name

OrangeBlossom

Pro

I believe that this is true because you are sitting 2 feet away from me. You are right there and I can make eye contact with you. HA! I win.
EveeFlame11

Con

You do not know my name!!
OrangeBlossom

Pro

I know your real name:
1) Because I invited you to debate.org and asked you to join.
2) You are in my class, on the seat, right next to me.
3) You talked to me 3 seconds ago.
4) Your name is Madeleine Moon, and your parents told me.
EveeFlame11

Con

But my full name is not known to you, therefor, You do not know my real name.
OrangeBlossom

Pro

"But my full name is not known to you, therefor, You do not know my real name."
First off, bad spelling.
Second off, there is no proof that I don"t know your real name. I could have been hiding my knowledge about the spelling and/ or fullness of your name to protect identity theft. But a full name is not the same as a real one. Real means it is not fake. Real and full/complete names are different. It either is a part of you name or it is not.

Here is a definition of a name:
a word or set of words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is known, addressed, or referred to.

People usually don"t walk around saying your last name or middle name unless you have the same exact first name as someone you know through a group (church, school, clubs, etc.) If Maddie is not what people use to refer to you then it is not your name. If it is, then it is your real name, and anything else that other people call you is therefore fake if you don"t respond to it.

Vote Pro!
EveeFlame11

Con

Yes, yes I know I spelled something wrong!!
But, knowing that my name is real is also knowing how to spell my name, especially when you are debating not by sound, but sight. And you, knowing my real name, is also knowing the name that i am legally known by, a.k.a my full name, not a part of of my name. It is rightfully why, you do not know my real name.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 4 months ago
PowerPikachu21
The BoP is entirely on Pro. He makes some assertions, which don't really work.

"Because I invited you to debate.org and asked you to join." No evidence.

"You are in my class, on the seat, right next to me." Again, no evidence.

"You talked to me 3 seconds ago." Online...

"Your name is Madeleine Moon, and your parents told me." Evidence is everything in debate.

But then Pro says something interesting in Round 3...

"I could have been hiding my knowledge about the spelling and/ or fullness of your name to protect identity theft." Pro messes up his argument. Pro brings up the possibility that Pro lied about Con's name. Therefore, we don't know if Pro does know Con's name.

This was probably a troll debate, but EveeFlame11 wins this one.