guitar26
Hello-Orange

I like playing the guitar

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
Started: 8/29/2011 Category: Arts

guitar26

Pro

My opponent will argue that I do not like to play the guitar. Even though I know that I do.
Hello-Orange

Con

= Introduction =
I will argue the Con in the position the debate "I like playing the guitar"

= Arguments =
Honestly, I don't.
I don't know how to play the guitar, it's silly to think that I would like something I don't even do.

When I was younger, my older brother always wanted me to learn to play the darned thing; so I gave learning it a shot.
It was difficult, he was a terrible teacher, and after listening to him teach himself how to play that blasted instrument I decided it was not an instrument I ever wanted to learn to play. in fact if you'll check out my activities [1] you'll see very clearly that there is no reference to guitar whatsoever; They only include Debate, Church, and Drawing.

There really is no other vote in this debate than for the Con, I don't even understand why my opponent would make a debate like this. There is no way for him to even make an argument saying that I like to play guitar when he doesn't even know me.
As he's stated in his opening arguments "My opponent will argue that I do not like to play the guitar."
And accordingly I am arguing, I do not like to play the guitar. Although I don't understand the relevance of the later part of his statement when this debate is so obviously about whether or not I like playing the guitar.

= Sources =
[1] http://www.debate.org...
guitar26

Pro

Obviously my opponent is not understanding my arguement. I specifically said that my opponent will argue that I (as in me, the person saying these words) do not like to play the guitar. (Even though I know that I do like to play the guitar, so good luck trying to prove me wrong on that) Anyway, now that you know we are talking about ME here, not you, its your turn. Also, your brother isnt a teacher get a real guitar teacher and maybe you will have better luck.
Hello-Orange

Con

= Rebuttals =
Oh silly opponent, how can you say such Malicious lies like this?
And furthermore, how can you justify changing the topic mid-round?
You told me I was to argue "I do not like like to play guitar" not "My opponent does not to play guitar".

Also, for all you know my brother makes a living teaching guitar.
Although I was sadly very inept at learning to play said instrument, he could be a fantastic teacher!
I'm hurt at the fact that you feel such a need to say these awful things about my beloved brother.

Ah well, I guess I'll take this moment to extend all of my unrefuted arguments across.
Since my opponent never covered them and instead insulted my brother's teaching ability, as well as having changed the topic mid-round; I guess you have to vote for me.
guitar26

Pro

You sly dog!!

I did not change the topic mid-round you simply didn't understand the topic in the first place so I was just clarifying. Obviously you know you cant possibly win this debate so you are looking for any possible way out of it. Naughty naughty I must say!! Also, for the record, I notised meny speling erors in yur rebuttals!!! such as: " My opponent does not to play guitar" and "very inept at learning to play said instrument". You know how much our voters h8t spilleng errars! You'd better watch yourself next time or you won't get any votes!!
Also, if you think I was insulting your brother then goodie for you, I wasn't, I was just stating a fact, but whatever you can think that if you'd like sir (or ma'm).
Like I said, this debate is all about ME ME ME ME ME!! You may now attempt to argue now if your done making excuses :).
Hello-Orange

Con

= Rebuttals =
I apologize for my gross misunderstanding, this debate is obviously about you.

I guess I'll just point out that not only is my terrible spelling due to the crippling learning disability known as dysgraphia[1]; but the offensive way in which you've mocked my spelling prowess is grounds for a loss in conduct points, so thank you for that voter.

Also to the debate on hand, I would like to point out that my opponent has neither proven, nor warranted his argument. He's only said "Even though I know that I do."
As the instigator in this debate, my opponent has the burden of proof in the round; as he's proven nothing there can be no debate. Accordingly you must vote Con by default, as I have indeed upheld my prescribed burden to disprove my opponent.
Again, for clarity, I will reiterate my disproving that my opponent likes to play the guitar; There has been no proof of this claim shown in the round. Let's not forget that this is an internet debate, and providing only a claim is not substantive proof.

For all of these reasons, I urge a Con vote
I bid you all beautiful people adieu, and hope you have a wonderful day!

= Sources =
[1] http://www.as.wvu.edu...
Posted by Hello-Orange 5 years ago
Hello-Orange
Lol :-D
Posted by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Since I don't play the guitar, the resolution is negated! lol
Posted by guitar26 5 years ago
guitar26
haha yeah i just mess around on this site.
you play guitar lickdafoot?
Posted by Lickdafoot 5 years ago
Lickdafoot
lol @ this debate. guitary26, i like that guitar in the pic. i have similar taste: black les paul style. :)
Posted by waylon.fairbanks 5 years ago
waylon.fairbanks
There's gotta be an easier way to win a debate....
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
guitar26Hello-OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made no arguments. Con very skillfully controlled the discourse of the debate away from the case Pro needed to make.
Vote Placed by Cerebral_Narcissist 5 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
guitar26Hello-OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very good!
Vote Placed by seraine 5 years ago
seraine
guitar26Hello-OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is what you get when you set up one-sided resolutions.
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
guitar26Hello-OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's argument was no more abusive than Pro's debate topic.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
guitar26Hello-OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con effectively and humorously negated the resolution. Seriously, what did Pro expect when he set up this argument? An actual debate?