Tvirus
Flipz

I need somthing to debate about

Tvirus

Pro

I't better be a good debate subject and thank you
Flipz

Con

I am psychic. Do you think I am psychic? Lets debate. I predict that this debate wont be very good.
Tvirus

Pro

I must disagree I love debates and I always choose to use my words to win but when someone like you come and accepts a debate and makes it pointless it seems quite use less but here's my reasons why your not psychic
1. They are not real.
Simple, plausible, and by far the most supported theory. Occam"s Razor would certainly favor it.

2. Psychic powers are SO slight that they are very nearly untestable.
If this were true, it would mean these powers are useless to individuals. If large "scientific?" studies can"t even definitively confirm subtle or slight versions of these powers, then what chance does one person have of using them to their benefit. Under this theory, every single psychic you have heard of is still a fake. If it were true, the only ones who could utilize these effects would be corporations, governments, or any large organized institutions capable of aggregating many peoples miniscule abilities. I would actually be thrilled if this were proven and human kind learned to aggregate and utilize marginal psychic ability. We could certainly use use the help, but that has no bearing on it"s likelihood.

3. They are hiding.
This raises some big questions. Are the powers themselves conscious, in order to want to hide? Are they being hidden by someone or something? Why do they hide? What qualifies as a test, in order for them to discern when to hide? I suppose this would fit if you consider psychic phenomena the work of the devil, continuing his greatest trick of convincing the world that he doesn"t exist.

4. Psychic ability is naturally stifled by testing itself.
It has been suggested that the negative energy of the skeptics performing or observing the tests blocks psychic power. So it can never be proven to someone who doesn"t already believe in it unconditionally. I have even heard of it being asserted that the testers themselves are psychics who accidentally or intentionally use their ability to block the experiment"s success.

Do any of these explanations seem overly complex, conveniently circular, and fraught with unfounded assumptions? I find "Three" and "Four" so absurd as to be insulting. However "Two" only seems extremely unlikely. As far as I know, the governments "Remote Viewing" project was a complete failure. Then again, maybe Apple and Google will someday have their own successful ones. Actually, Project Glass is kind of like being psychic. In fact any person with a smart phone might seem quite psychic and magical to someone from 100 years ago. Amazing things are certainly possible in this natural world, but they will be understood and utilized by science and technology. Assuming something is magic and fundamentally defies explanation simply because we don"t yet understand it, is just lazy.

I am not a scientist, but it is just so irrefutably obvious what a tremendous impact science has had on civilization. Whether you think that is good or not is another discussion, but it"s effect is undeniable. Is there ANY quantifiable and verifiable societal gain in human history that can be attributed to mystical human powers? That fact that you probably don"t know the answer to that question for sure right off the bat, should tell you something in and of itself. When you are anywhere indoors, you can look around in all directions to find that every single thing in sight was made possible through the scientific method. Of course you might be able to see the sky or some other nature through your window, but you should get my point. If you are past a certain age, it is nearly certain that you are only alive because of scientific advancements. It is THE greatest tool devised by human kind, period. and yet it is so poorly understood and respected by the majority of the population that Psychics can still become famous and people still take Homeopathic sugar pills for all manner of aliments. Heck there are even fake fake psychics or mentalists like Darren Brown. He actually tells people that he uses tricks, but he lies about the tricks he uses to make them sound more incredible than they really are. With him I really don"t know how much of what he says is true or not. A lot of it sounds pretty reasonable. The best lies are always mixed with the truth, they can make you drop your guard. I"m just surprised at how few people believe that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?
Flipz

Con

1. They are not real.

Assuming the implausibility of psychic powers before applying Occam’s Razor renders the concept circular and illegitimate. Furthermore, Occcam’s Razor heavily relies upon other particular assumptions you have already made about the world (whether it is naturalistic, metaphysical etc.) and can seldom be applied in good faith.

3. They are hiding.

My opponent confuses the difficulty of testing for psychic powers with their apparent nonexistence. This is, of course, a fallacy. Furthermore, he only deals with SOME studies, not all and refuses to paste citations. Psychics are real:

Also, my opponent concedes that one can acquire psychic powers:
Actually, Project Glass is kind of like being psychic.

I would also like to point out that this debate surrounds whether I am psychic, NOT whether other people are psychic. Even if I were the only person in the world who was psychic, that still warrants a ballot in my favor. In error, my opponent concedes my earlier prediction, calling this debate “pointless.” I think that’s one tally in my psychic column.

Assuming something is magic and fundamentally defies explanation simply because we don"t yet understand it, is just lazy.
It’s lazy to not alter your worldview when someone presents evidence that contradicts it.
Tvirus

Pro

Tell me if you are such a psychic then who am I what do I do and what is my name if you answer this you will have me believing in that
Flipz

Con

Your name is Bobby. You wash dishes at the local Outback steakhouse.

Tvirus

Pro

The only thing you got wright was the B in bobby . There was a glich on my iPad and it put my year of birth wrong I'm actually 14 sorry man you lost
Flipz

Con

No, you are wrong. I am right. I know because I am psychic.
Tvirus

Pro

Do you really gave to continue with this my name is Bryan Villalon I live In Santa Ana CA 14 and go to Willard intermediate how close were you go to my profile and see a picture of me with my friends
Flipz

Con

I smell catfish. I know because I am psychic.
Posted by Lordzogar 3 years ago
Lordzogar
Lets do reverse-racism
Posted by Tvirus 3 years ago
Tvirus
It's yor choose any will work with me
Posted by Lordzogar 3 years ago
Lordzogar
I'll do abortion, reverse racism, science vs. god, affirmative action, gay-marriage, whatever works with you
Posted by Tvirus 3 years ago
Tvirus
Not a lot into about movies and vidio games and historical e and scientific subject and books
Posted by Lordzogar 3 years ago
Lordzogar
Do you know a lot about film directors?
Posted by Tvirus 3 years ago
Tvirus
I'll debate you you choose a topic
Posted by Lordzogar 3 years ago
Lordzogar
I want to debate someone.