I shall put a tariff on any food sent to me by any DDO member

I'm tired of you all giving me bacon.

I can’t urge you strongly enough NOT to place tariffs on the bacon you receive. It will become too expensive to send you this wonderful and versatile pork product.

As of 2014, 80% of Americans consumed bacon. Its rate of consumption has risen 1% per year since 2010. You can't dilute these numbers.

I think of all the types of bacon you must be receiving. I can just smell it sizzling now. Don’t begrudge your family and friends of all this beautiful product. You know it tastes good. Can you think of a time when someone was ever disappointed when seeing bacon on a plate, baring any religious taboo? Oh, the marvelous types of bacon that must live in your fridge. A German beech wood cold smoked bacon, the simple yet sublime Korean samgyeopsal-gui, the ubiquitous pancetta that makes carbanarra divine and so many more.

One of my personal favorites with all its wonderful hamminess is Canadian bacon. The backbone of many a Chinese meal is an air cured bacon with a hint of soy. No Swiss holiday or smorgasbord would be the same without bauchspeck, this splendid birch smoked beauty.

Think of all the people you might put out of work from Bacon Freak and Bacon of the Month Clubs. Do you really want to place tariffs that might result in unemployment from pig farmers, curing houses, distribution networks to supermarkets? I think not. There is a greater good to think about.

Hello! I don't disagree WITH THE FACT THAT bacon a good product. However, I need money to set up a system where the good bacon can get to me and the bad bacon can leave me alone. An example of this is the evil menace known as Canadian bacon. Wtf were they thinking? I mean really, surely even Con agrees with me on that one right?...Right?

"One of my personal favorites with all its wonderful hamminess is Canadian bacon. The backbone of many a Chinese meal is an air cured bacon with a hint of soy. No Swiss holiday or smorgasbord would be the same without bauchspeck, this splendid birch smoked beauty."

(Peepette cowers in fear).

I'm sorry buddy, I've just had a long day today. It's ok though, have my jewelry.

Probably not the jewelry part, though. Jewelry is expensive. Just like recieving bacon is, which is why I need tariffs.

vœtë prô

There is no such thing as bad bacon. You do not need to amass funds to defer what you call bad bacon. The bacon you think you don't like is a matter of not knowing how to cook or use it. Don't let ignorance rule your palette. If you need assistance with your bacon peccadilloes just ask, I am an experienced cook in all things bacon.

You snapper head! It's blasphemy to have disdain for Canadian bacon. My Canadian heritage cringes at your slight. I am not a heretic traitor of America, I am part of the American melting pot. I do not cower in fear of anyone! I stand tall and large with a hefty vocabulary that does my bidding; I’m no mauviette. And swine? Isn’t this part of the topic you toton!

Canadian bacon is more like ham, but it comes from the tender eye of loin and doesn't have the shrinkage of typical American style bacon; no one likes shrinkage, least of all me. Below is a recipe that will change your mind on Canadian bacon. When you try it you will be all likie, likie. Afterwards, then, and only then, I will share my eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon recipe.

"1 cup elbow macaroni

• 6 slices Canadian-style bacon

• 2 tablespoons margarine

• 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 cup canned tomatoes, half-drained

• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese"

“Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

While macaroni is boiling, fry bacon and place on paper towels to drain. Cut into bite size pieces.

Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in flour, then tomatoes and wait for sauce to thicken, stirring occasionally. When thickness is to your liking, stir in cheese until it has melted. Stir in cooked macaroni and bacon and heat through. Serve hot.”

Big thanks on the jewellery giveaway, but I happened to notice most of it is slush metal. You’d aim to turn my limbs and pieces green, wouldn't you? Thanks for nothing slack wad.

After a 12 hour work day dealing with the football fanatic drunk public, I’m a bit punchy, please forgive.

Canadian bacon is horrible. Who the hell wants to bite into so called "bacon" and eat something chewy? Bacon should be crunchy. Leave gummy bears chewy, keep bacon crunchy.

Fancy words? I can say them too! I DISLIKE your taste in bacon. I RECCOMEND that you change it. Until then, I bid you FAREWELL! My VOCABULARY is better than yours.

That's a nice recipy you have there. I have a better one though.

"After a 12 hour work day dealing with the football fanatic drunk public, I’m a bit punchy, please forgive."\

LOL YOU HAVE A JOB!!!! Pathetic! I fornicate people like you!

o ya bby gimme summa dat employed diiiiicccchromic acid.

wait wut?

I still feel strongly you should not place tariffs on food stuffs DDO members send you for reasons stated in R1. If you don’t like a particular product, make someone happy and pass it on. It is better to give than receive, isn’t it? Spread some joy around. Tariffs will only lead to unemployment and more sad people in the world; we already have enough people walking around with boo boo faces. Also, didn’t your parents teach you how to be gracious when receiving gifts? Always smile and say thank you. Don’t hurt the feelings of fellow DDOans by rejecting or taxing their gifts; it’s just poor form and bad manners.

Rebuttal: On the topic of Canadian bacon; just for arguments sake let’s rename it Canadian ham. You like ham; don’t let to word bacon get in the way. Better now? Now be a good gastronome and try that recipe I sent you.

Also, not all bacon around the world is served crunchy. Many Yugoslavs like to eat their cured bacon raw [1].

Oh, and we do have a meeting of the minds on one thing, gummy bears. We have pounds of this wonderful chewy product in our home.

Rebuttal: You Tube video: Vomit cake has nothing to do with bacon or tariffs.

Rebuttal: Yes, I do have a job and I like it. Not many people can say they like their jobs; hardly pathetic. You don’t have a job and live in your parent’s basement; pitiful.

Grammar correction: “I fornicate with people like you”. And sorry, I’m flattered but, I’m have no interest in Canadian bacon bigots.

In summary: You have yet to uphold any solid intellection why an imposition of tariffs on food stuffs sent to you would be constructive. I have presented an argument to the contrary without any substantive rebuttal presented by you. (How’s that for vocabulary!)

Back to you DAX

DATXDUDE forfeited this round.

Well I guess there will be no bacon tariff. Yippee!
Posted by dsjpk5 10 months ago
Awesome, just awesome
Posted by Peepette 10 months ago
Yeah I know. But, let me have my fun.
Posted by DATXDUDE 10 months ago
lol ur getting trollolololed
Posted by DATXDUDE 10 months ago
I'll post my argument by the end of tomorrow.
Posted by Black-Jesus 10 months ago
Wait? You getting bacon from these people? You guys, you can just send all the bacon your giving to DATXDUDE and give it to me, as long as it's not poisoned.
Posted by Jonbonbon 10 months ago
I laughed harder at this than I should've
Posted by DATXDUDE 10 months ago
So does your money, peasant.
Posted by Peepette 10 months ago
Ohhhhh, but bacon makes EVERYTHING better.
Vote Placed by Lexus 10 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: forfeiture