tyler90az
imabench

I should be President of DDO!

imabench

tyler90az

Pro

Vote for me, tyler90az! I didn't campaign because I am a president for the people by the people. We can make DDO a better place together. I support you and recognize that we as DDO members can work together to create an outstanding community. I support what you support.

We can make history together.

1. We can take part in history by electing a president who did not declare till the last day.

2. We can take part in history by having the first people voted vice president. Whichever president comes second in voting we will have as VP.

3. We can show how smart and educated we are by having tolerance and electing a Mormon president.

4.We can take part in history by electing a president that is actually for the people. For any decision that needs to be made or problem that arises, there will be a forum post, where everyone's voices can be heard.

Do we want to make history?
Do we want a true peoples president?
The answer is, yes!
Vote for tyler90az, an average DDO member!
imabench

Con

Never thought I would see the day this debate comes around, but alright ill give it a shot.

1) Is it necessarily wise to vote for the person who did not declare he was running for the presidency until the very last day? We dont know you name, what youve contributed already to DDO, what you would change about the site and whether or not it would be for better or for worse, or even what you think is wrong with the website. Why should we vote for someone we didnt know literally a single thing about?

2) Well on here the point of having a VP is to bring more credibility to your campaign. Usually candidates select someone who is also well known and has contributed to the site in some way much like the US political system today. It isnt supposed to be a winner and runner up win system because often candidates have completely different views on how this site should be run or changed. Why risk putting two people in power who are going to spend more time trying to have their will imposed instead of actually seeing what is wrong with this site....

3) I can guarantee that nobody on here cares about the religious affiliation of the candidate.... Religion also doesnt necessarily contribute to the site....

4) You have 6 friends on this entire website, Innomen has over 450, how exactly are you more qualified as a people's candidate then Innomen, or for that matter any other candidate?

Do we want to make history? - This site is 4 years old lets just keep going and hope the site maintains its integrity
Do we want a true peoples president? - No I want someone to run this thing for me so I dont have to worry about it
The answer is, yes! - Have you actually asked this to other people who have replied yes? if so which of your 6 friends said yes?
Vote for tyler90az, an average DDO member! - Average is not the best word you want to use to describe why you are qualified to run

Vote Imabench.............. for the debate. Not for presidency Im not running, vote for Innomen for president.
:)
tyler90az

Pro

---Rebuttals---

1.It is wise to vote for a President who did not declare till the last day. Think of political candidates who vow not to take excessive campaign funds. I am vowing that I will stick to what I say, that is being a peoples president. All the other candidates who have campaigned are likely to backslide on their issues. You will not have to worry about that with me because my two promises were that we would make history and DDO would have a peoples president.

All you need to know about me is that I have integrity. You can know this by looking at my faith which teaches people to have integrity. If I did not have integrity I would back away from my faith. The reason having integrity is important because I will do what I say and run this website righteously. Unlike with any other candidate, I will not be a corrupt president and run DDO into the ground.

2. I understand that it may be beneficial for me to have a Vice President nominee, but this is not about me, this is about DDO. The reason I vowed to make my VP the runner up in the presidential election is because I am a peoples president. It will give the people more representation, then just having one segment of the population heard. I understand our views may be different. That is why I firmly believe in compromise and will make sure it happens if I get elected President.

3. I don't know how you can make a guarantee about anything, we are dealing with people. What I said was, we can make history by electing the first Mormon president. It truly shows that DDO is a tolerant site and will draw more people on the website. Let's make history together vote me for president!

4. I am more qualified to be the peoples president, because I promise to incorporate the peoples views into my presidency. Unlike in presidencies past where they just ran the website how they wanted. We can look at the sad history of DDO, to recognize that once somebody was elected President, the peoples voices weren't heard as much as they should have been. I guarantee to have the peoples voices heard by starting posts when any decision or problem arises, giving out my personal email, and having votes on things that matter most. Those are just a small fraction of the things I will implement when I become President.

"
Vote for tyler90az, an average DDO member! - Average is not the best word you want to use to describe why you are qualified to run"

This site is 4 years old and has not reached its potential yet. If you want to keep the status quo and remain with staggering growth, then vote for somebody else. If you want to reach DDOs potential, which means seeing membership rise, vote for me.

I understand that you want somebody else to run it for you. That is your prerogative and I support that. I am not demanding anybody to participate in running DDO, I am just giving more options to people who want to be involved. Vote for me if you want the option to be involved in running DDO.

I think average is the best word for me. I do not claim to be better then anyone, I am just a member of DDO. Being a member of DDO and not being better then anyone makes me a better peoples president. I am equal to you and recognize we all deserve a say in running DDO. Vote for me if you want a President that knows you best.

---Closing---
I can truly say, a vote for me, is a vote for you. I promise to be a peoples president and incorporate every member, that so chooses, into running DDO. I believe incorporating every member into running DDO will help DDO reach its potential. Some people want to keep the status quo, but I promise that to keep the status quo is potentially deadly for DDO. DDO has far more potential that what it has reached in any other presidency. Voting for me will bring innovation and growth to DDO. We can do this together, vote for tyle90az!
imabench

Con

1) People dont contribute money to campaigns on here, and find one time in history when a president on this website did not come through on his promises.

DDO is four years old and just moving along, there's no need to throw it into hyper-drive. When George Washington won his second election was he campaigning that he would help America make history? of course not, he was the best candidate to ensure the safety and growth of the US, much like Innomen is to this site.

You on the other hand have sprouted up out of nowhere making promises to "make history" yet in your policy platform message you spammed to me and about 30 other people on DDO, you dont actually state anywhere what you intend to do, you just keep bringing up Mormonism and making history. That is not what should be valued in looking for a president on here. Innomen is like the George Washington to this site, under his rule this site has remained stable and is progressing at a very good rate, do you know how pissed people would get if the site changed every two weeks under your presidency? think of facebook, every time that changes people always rail against it because the changes are unnecessary.

" You can know this by looking at my faith which teaches people to have integrity" Yeah well christian's advocate that marriage is sacred and must not be violated but we've all seen how that ends up half the time #tigerwoods #hermancain #newtgingrich

" Unlike with any other candidate, I will not be a corrupt president" That is a pretty powerful claim to make towards presidential candidates who have been campaigning for longer than 5 hours now. But those words are just slander and right there now you have gone against your claim that "you have integrity", not very presidential.

2) "but this is not about me" Its not about you? Then why have you been spamming messages to everyone on the site and on the forums? You have been putting your name on every piece of mail and post youve made on this site for the last few hours and are relentlessly continuing, this campaign is all about you, how many times have you mentioned to vote for you already? LOOK AT THE NAME OF THE DEBATE.

3) People dont value religion when voting for a candidate, otherwise Mitt Romney (A Mormon) would have won the primaries already. People on here care more about this site continuing under the watchful eye of Innomen not about showing we are tolerant by electing a mormon as president.

PS, how can you claim to use the tolerance idea for your favor when you still are against gays having the right to civil unions?
http://www.debate.org...

4) " I guarantee to have the peoples voices heard by starting posts when any decision or problem arises" We already have forums though, its not a revolutionary idea your talking about we already have slightly under 3000 topics for debate.org alone....

5) "If you want to keep the status quo and remain with staggering growth, then vote for somebody else"
- so far the smartest thing youve said in this debate

6) "If you want to reach DDOs potential, which means seeing membership rise, vote for me." DDO's potential doesnt lie in numbers, are you even aware of how many trolls we've had to kick out of this site to keep it on track? more members does not = more potential, it only = more trolls, haters, and presidential campaigning spammers....

7) "Vote for me if you want the option to be involved in running DDO." That comes dangerously close to implying that anybody who votes for you will automatically be able to run parts of DDO, SOLELY for voting for you.

8) "I think average is the best word for me" - the SECOND smartest thing youve said in this debate

9) " I do not claim to be better then anyone" was this before or after you claimed that
- 1 - "Unlike with any other candidate, I will not be a corrupt president"
- 2 - "I am more qualified to be the peoples president"

10) "not being better then anyone makes me a better peoples president" According to your word.

11) "I can truly say, a vote for me, is a vote for you" Well what if we decide to do what you did and start our own campaign where anybody can run just so that we can vote for ourselves?

12) " I believe incorporating every member into running DDO will help DDO reach its potential. "
You want to incorporate well over 32,000 people into running this website and at the same time you clam you will not break promises? You have already put yourself in an impossible position you cannot deliever on.

13) "but I promise that to keep the status quo is potentially deadly for DDO" - Another promise that is unfounded, unproven, and quite frankly completely false. The status quo currently is kicking out people who abuse the site and its members, how is that "deadly"?

14) " Voting for me will bring innovation and growth to DDO." Numbers do not = growth in potential in the site and the "innovations" you keep promising have been in place for years now, have you ever looked in the forums besides under your own campaign thread? there are already threads to deal with vote-bombed debates, vote-bombers, how the elections are run, how certain trolls whose name rhymes with shmizbo10 should be banned from the site, etc.

Under Innomen we have remained very steady and on a good path of slow and steady change because slow and steady guarantees the success of the site. By kicking into hyperdrive the Pro wants to put us on a far different road with only one certainty, that the road will end when his rule will cause the site to veer off and hit a tree.... His promises are void, he only cares about making history, he hasnt given any actual examples of how he will make the site better, he denounces candidates who have lead very successfully, he has only been running for a day, he makes big promises he is doomed to bring about, he honestly believes being Mormon is a reason why he should be president and lastly, he contradicts himself more than Sarah Palin.....

This is why I think that he should not be president of DDO

tyler90az

Pro

Con seems to be giving a good example of driving something off the road and veering into a tree, with this debate. A majority of the stuff he is talking about does not relate to the debate topic. He has not even addressed my main platform, being a peoples president. The burden fell on him to prove why I would not be a peoples President. Now it is to late to thoroughly address because I will not have time to respond.

Even know in both rounds he veered off topic I will still address what applies.

I don't think con believes in growth. If it wasn't for people who promoted change, we wouldn't have, rights for all races, women's rights and gay rights to name a few. We also would not have the Internet, Facebook or DDO. Is that the type of world DDO members wish to live in? Con admits other presidents are running to, "under his rule this site has remained stable and is progressing at a very good rate." Con himself recognizes that he and the presidential candidates want to keep the status quo.

I promote a DDO that fosters innovation and change with the peoples help. I do not desire a complete overhaul of the system, just progression for DDO. Con incorrectly comes to this conclusion, "do you know how pissed people would get if the site changed every two weeks under your presidency? think of facebook, every time that changes people always rail against it because the changes are unnecessary." The site would not have drastic overhauls every two week, just changes for the better when needed. As president I promise to make changes only when necessary.

Falsely accuses me of bringing my church up too much.

I said I have integrity because I stick by my religion, when in my opinion it would be easier to step away, which is true I do have integrity.

I also said we would make history by electing a Mormon president, again true.

"4) " I guarantee to have the peoples voices heard by starting posts when any decision or problem arises" We already have forums though, its not a revolutionary idea your talking about we already have slightly under 3000 topics for debate.org alone...."

Con correctly states there are 3000 topics. However, I would make specific posts relating to each change with DDO. I would also make a specific section addressing changes.

"5) "If you want to keep the status quo and remain with staggering growth, then vote for somebody else"
- so far the smartest thing you've said in this debate"

Con himself recognizes I would be a good DDO president.

"6) "If you want to reach DDOs potential, which means seeing membership rise, vote for me." DDO's potential doesn't lie in numbers, are you even aware of how many trolls we've had to kick out of this site to keep it on track? more members does not = more potential, it only = more trolls, haters, and presidential campaigning spammers...."

I completely disagree....

More members=more topics

more members=more perspective

more members=more site updates

therefore

more members=better site=reaching potential

"12) " I believe incorporating every member into running DDO will help DDO reach its potential. "
You want to incorporate well over 32,000 people into running this website and at the same time you clam you will not break promises? You have already put yourself in an impossible position you cannot deliver on. "

Con again blatantly disregards what I actually say. As president I will involve everybody in running DDO and try to implement what the majority wants. I did not say everybody would get exactly what they wanted, that would be impossible. I promise to be a peoples president.

he hasn't given any actual examples of how he will make the site better

If I made promises about specific changes, I would not be a peoples president. I promise to listen to what everyone else says before I make decisions.

Closing

Con brings up George Washington who was a great president. However, he misses one major point about him, he did not want the status quo, an America ran by Great Britain. Could you imagine an America still ran by Great Britain? Similar to that, could you imagine a DDO without progress or change? Con obviously desires a president who wants a stagnant DDO. I on the other hand want a stronger DDO. We can do this together DDO members!

Vote tyler90az for DDO president and winner of debate!

imabench

Con

The Con would make a poor president because:
1) He is obsessed with making history
2) He has forfeited the fact that he has declared his candidacy a day before the elections started
3) He has forfeited that he is making this debate and campaign all about himself
4) He admits that he has no stance on any issues or even any policies despite running for office
5) He admits to falsely accusing other candidates of serious crimes.
6) He admits his prized "innovations" have existed for years
7) He still uses his religion to try to enforce why he should be president
8) He fails to understand that allowing more people onto this site results in more trolls and vote bombers onto the site which would compromise its credibility.
9) He calls himself a peoples president yet he only spams people and the forums for their votes and before this debate was only acquainted with 6 people.
10) He has failed to address how the current status quo of DDO is on a "deadly" course
11) He has failed to provide a single argument on why he is actually better than any other candidate
12) He has forfeited how he would give hefty rewards to those who vote for him

That is why I think the Pro would not be a good presidential candidate, and so far many others agree since of the 30+ votes already cast, only one has gone to the Pro.

And the one person who voted for the pro......... was himself
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
Thank you WSA :)
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
"Pro should have at least 4 points for better grammar. Obviously, no one read the Con sides case."

imabench is a debate posting machine. He doesn't have time for grammar, spelling, or formatting. In any case, grammar and spelling are collectively worth 1 point.
Posted by WriterSelbe 5 years ago
WriterSelbe
Pro should have at least 4 points for better grammar. Obviously, no one read the Con sides case.
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
I guess people let it slide after the other eleven points checked out to be true...
Posted by tyler90az 5 years ago
tyler90az
Blatant lies such as, "12) He has forfeited how he would give hefty rewards to those who vote for him." What happened to ethics in debate?
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
All I have to say is that Innomen will win, and that's it. Though do we have term limits? I think we should if not. :P
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
I'll tell you tyler

They are comparing you to romney
Posted by tyler90az 5 years ago
tyler90az
too*
Posted by tyler90az 5 years ago
tyler90az
I do not take myself to serious.
Posted by tyler90az 5 years ago
tyler90az
I do not take myself to serious.
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
tyler90azimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Yeah...the debate speaks for itself, really.
Vote Placed by WriterSelbe 5 years ago
WriterSelbe
tyler90azimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Firstly, no one was made aware of your presence in the election until... yeah, pretty much until it was over. Con also wasn't debating that he should be president but that you shouldn't be, so that was also a point for him, though pro did have better spelling and grammar.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
tyler90azimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: LOL! CON demolished PRO's arguments. >.<~!
Vote Placed by Boogerdoctor 5 years ago
Boogerdoctor
tyler90azimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made more convincing arguments.