STALIN
2-D

I should be the dictator of DDO

2-D
Started: 12/3/2013 Category: Arts

STALIN

Pro

The Problem: Presidential elections are coming up. DDO is currently run by a president.

The Plan: I plan to overthrow the DDO president and establish a dictatorship.

Con's job will be to convince me that I should not put my plan into action. I will argue that I SHOULD put my plan into action.

First round is for acceptance only. Good luck, have fun!

2-D

Con

I accept. Why should you be the dictator of DDO and how do you plan to accomplish this?
STALIN

Pro

For years now, DDO has been run by ruthless presidents who have been pretending that DDO is a democracy.

I call for an end to this nonsense. Under my wise guidance, DDO will expand and become the leading power on the Internet. Justice will finally become a reality. Spammers, trolls, and other criminals will finally be tried for their crimes.

DDO today: Today the president of DDO is a complete drunk. The government is corrupt and cruel. With new evidence to prove this, Revolution will finally come.

Why I should become the dictator:

Recent polls have shown that the vast majority of DDO citizens support my coming to power. One such poll shows that people believe I am the only person capable of ridding DDO of spammers and trolls.
http://www.debate.org...
Eleven people voted for me. One person voted for a president. A vote from the oppressed people of DDO shows that I am the best person to solve DDO's problems.

All DDO criminals will receive fair trials. There will be no show trials like there have been in the past. In order to prove this, I will present one such trial:
http://www.debate.org...
So far, the judges have not decided whether the defendant is guilty of the charges.

I will bring freedom to DDO. People will finally have the freedom debate whatever they want. In the past, the government of DDO has tried to stop free speech in the DDO community by limiting the number of debates that people can have. I demand an end to this. This debate is an example of how a DDO assassin tried to arrest me in a debate. However people did not vote for him. They have begun to realize how the secret police has been terrorizing the people.
http://www.debate.org...

Inhumane treatment will be prohibited! In this debate, Imabench, a height ranking DDO government official who is currently running for president, wanted to smear the blood of trolls, spammers, and the opinions section on the walls of DDO. People voted for Imabench because they were afraid that he would come and kill them if they don't.
http://www.debate.org...

These are my main arguments. Clearly the vast majority of people support me coming to power. I will bring justice to DDO. Today, DDO is a country living in poverty. If I become the dictator, DDO will become a rich empire, stretching across thousands of websites. Rival debate websites will be invaded and defeated. FORWARD TO VICTORY!!!

2-D

Con

You have no power base with which you can overthrow DDO leadership and you have presented no plan of action. You lack support with the people and DDO presidents have limited power only because they are elected and Juggle can expect they will represent DDO member needs [3]. How on earth would a DDO dictator have any real power since you represent exactly no one?

“DDO has been run by ruthless presidents”

Who exactly?

How would you gain power by force?

Seeing as you have no support your only other option is force. You have presented no plan to seize power.

We already have a DDO dictator unanimously elected for life.

Freedo has already been installed as dictator and he has the support of the people [1]. He clocks in with over, an impressive 20500 forum posts indicating networking and contribution to the site gaining support compared to your 150ish and an ELO ranking more than 800 points above your own.

He has peaceful coexisted with the last two presidents and is friends with every serious presidential candidate. He has been an active member for over three years while you have been here 8 months. In short, how do you intend to overthrow the current dictator with DDO power and clout so far beyond your own?

You have not explained how you will attempt to challenge the current powers.

Compared to the top 3 DDO presidential candidates [2] you have next to no political clout or support from the people. Forum posts indicate communication and networking with potential supporters across the site. The candidates range in posts from around 8,500 to 16,000 forum posts, again to your ~ 150.

Their ELO rankings range from about 4050 – 4400 over 1000 points above your own indicating debate prowess and the main way you can gain respect from the people. They range in experience from 2 to 4 years to your 8 months. How exactly do you intend to overthrow their influence over the site? It’s more likely you would be crushed if you challenge them.

“DDO will expand and become the leading power on the Internet.

‘This will never happen…. Ever’

“DDO today: Today the president of DDO is a complete drunk. The government is corrupt and cruel.”

What website are you going to?

One such poll shows that people believe I am the only person capable of ridding DDO of spammers and trolls.”

You cite a poll that limits the election to cold war leaders with 19 total votes for Joseph Stalin. Your name is just Stalin and your profile indicates you are much to young to be a cold war leader, clearly the voters were talking about someone else. Also you have done your fair share of spamming and trolling yourself. You spammed 6+ finish the sentence debates and Stalingrad debates and you have linked to two of your own troll debates in your opening argument.

In order to prove this, I will present one such trial:
http://www.debate.org...

I get it you have a grudge against the current 2nd place presidential candidate Imabench [2]. You have no way to strike back. You are currently losing the debate 6-0, a top presidential candidate even weighed in. You still have not shown how you could usurp power and losing this debate to ban a member your competition is a poor start. Your first ploy for power to ban a powerful competitor ended in a failed debate.

“In the past, the government of DDO has tried to stop free speech in the DDO community by limiting the number of debates that people can have.”

http://www.debate.org...

Wait…. What? You’re going to have to expand on this. In your link you argue that 10 debates in 24 hours is restrictive. More than 10 debates in 24 hours is arguably spamming which you said you are against.

A link to a debate where you have a troll off with another member annoyed with your debate spamming contradicts your earlier points. If Pro in the linked debate represents the DDO secret police I think we’ll be fine. Secret police are a feature of authoritarian governments like dictatorships anyway [4], not democracies.

“People voted for Imabench because they were afraid that he would come and kill them if they don't.”
http://www.debate.org...

You lose a Troll debate with someone whose control you are trying to challenge…. In the debate you defend spammers and trolls whom you have promised to eradicate from the site. Maybe you should move onto your plan to seize power?

Why should anyone support you as dictator?

You have only offered empty promises to purge spammers and trolls while spamming and trolling yourself.

“FORWARD TO VICTORY!!!”

So far I’m not convinced you could fight your way out of a paper bag.

You’ve presented no plan of action. Failed to show that you have the support of DDO or any way to force power. You have no relationship with Juggle who is the source of any power. You have linked to your own troll debates and promised to end trolling and spamming while regularly doing these things yourself. I think that sums it up.

Good luck with the revolution!!!

[1] http://www.debate.org...

[2] http://www.debate.org...

[3] http://www.debate.org...

[4] http://en.wikipedia.org...

STALIN

Pro

I would like to start off by thanking Con for his response. However I was slightly offended when Con called my debates/polls troll debates/polls. In addition to this, Con really gets of topic. This debate is titled: "I should be the dictator of DDO". Anyway, I will proceed to respond to Con's arguments.

"You have no power base with which you can overthrow DDO leadership and you have presented no plan of action."

This debate is not about HOW I should take power. Its about IF I should take power.

"Who exactly?"

One example of a president of DDO who was a bully and a troll is Imabench.

"Seeing as you have no support your only other option is force. You have presented no plan to seize power."

This debate is about IF I should seize power, not HOW I should seize power.

"Freedo has already been installed as dictator and he has the support of the people."

A) That forum you showed to support this is barely a page long. B) He has no power. The current leader of DDO is Airmax. C) That forum says that Freedo is an Emperor, not a dictator.
Therefor, this is not an argument. Con did not even say how many people voted for him as opposed to how many people voted for others. For all I know, Freedo may have just barely won the election.

"He clocks in with over, an impressive 20500 forum posts indicating networking and contribution to the site gaining support compared to your 150ish and an ELO ranking more than 800 points above your own."

This is mainly because he has been on DDO much longer than I have. He has been corrupting and ruining this website for far too long.

"You have not explained how you will attempt to challenge the current powers."

Why are you so interested in my plan? What, so you can report my revolution before it even begins?

"What website are you going to?"

I'm going to DDO.

"You cite a poll that limits the election to cold war leaders with 19 total votes for Joseph Stalin."

That's not the point! The point is that people believe that a dictator is more capable of solving DDO's problems than a president.

"Also you have done your fair share of spamming and trolling yourself. You spammed 6+ finish the sentence debates and Stalingrad debates and you have linked to two of your own troll debates in your opening argument."

OK, first of all, Con does not present any evidence of this. Second, there is nothing wrong with making 6+ debates on topics that you really enjoy. You see I support a free DDO. However there are those who try to limit what you can debate and how many times you can debate it. This action takes away freedom of speech. I want to abolish these harsh laws.

"You are currently losing the debate 6-0..."

Both of those people who voted on that debate only voted in order to make me lose. They provided no reasons for why they voted so I doubt that they even read the debate at all. Both of those votes are invalid.

"Wait…. What? You’re going to have to expand on this. In your link you argue that 10 debates in 24 hours is restrictive. More than 10 debates in 24 hours is arguably spamming which you said you are against."

Tell me this Con. Who decided that more than 10 debates is spamming? Why was the rule made that exactly 10 debates is spamming? Why not 9 or 11?

"In the debate you defend spammers and trolls whom you have promised to eradicate from the site."

No, my side was that smearing the blood of trolls and spammers was too inhumane of a punishment.

"You have only offered empty promises to purge spammers and trolls while spamming and trolling yourself."

OK Con clearly has incorrecti definitions of spamming and trolling. Until he finds a dictionary, I can not respond to this argument.

"So far I’m not convinced you could fight your way out of a paper bag."

I could do that too.

"You’ve presented no plan of action."

Because this debate is about whether I should be the dictator.

"You have linked to your own troll debates and promised to end trolling and spamming while regularly doing these things yourself."

I made no troll debates. Some of the debates that you linked to were started not by me, but by others.

"Good luck with the revolution!!!"

OK, I will now produce more arguments to support my position. The first argument is this poll on which people voted on. Con largely exageratted the number of people who hate me and consider my a troll. This poll will show otherwise.
http://www.debate.org...

Another poll that I made shows the speed with which I will transform DDO for greater good. I won this poll due to the fact that people believed this. The Stalinmobile was victorious in this race.
http://www.debate.org...

This last poll shows how much I care about the opinions of DDO users. I want to improve DDO for the good and the fact that I made this poll shows that not only do I care about the opinions of major debaters and pollers, I also care about the opinions of spammers and trolls.
http://www.debate.org...

Con fails to realize that I only want to purge the spammers and trolls who can no longer be helped in any way. There is always a chance that current Spammers and Trolls can still be changed for the better.

Conclusion: Con's arguments did not really support his position. He kept asking how I intend to take power but that is not what this debate is about. Con did a good enough job responding to my arguments but he had no real arguments of his own. I await his response...
2-D

Con

Well this is a point of disagreement then which I think is central to the debate. You are attempting to sidestep the most obvious problem with your resolution and ‘dictate’ how I argue against your position.

Your debate resolution is, “I should be dictator of DDO.” Should indicates that you are obligated to perform an action and that the events are probable and desirable [5]. A probable plan of action is required.

In your explanation you state that you are planning to overthrow the DDO gov’t and establish a dictatorship. You emphasize that my job is to convince you that you should not put your plan into action. Since you have no plan beyond, “overthrow DDO gov’t,” your plan is unlikely to succeed and you shouldn’t try it. With limited power and no plan you’d be crushed.

You have not established that a dictator is necessary, likely or desirable. No one should feel obligated to do this.

Pro trolls/spams

Fair enough. I’ll concede for now that it is debatable whether you spam or troll yourself in a negative way. If you would like to clarify what you mean by spamming and trolling some definitions would help. Arguably you do engage in troll debates and post multiple similar debates. [7].

“One example of a president of DDO who was a bully and a troll is Imabench.”

Imabench is not a president and you have not established that he is a bully or that trolling is always a bad thing. There are interesting trolls that entertain the site and there are annoying trolls that just waste your time.

So you say. If it is not possible or desirable for you to seize power then you shouldn’t attempt it, my points stand.

That forum you showed to support this is barely a page long.

Fair enough, and still his claim is more credibility than yours because of his DDO reputation and Emperor is comparable to dictator since both vie for absolute power over government.

You concede you are inexperienced so why do you think you are a likely candidate for dictator. You have still not established that a dictator is even desirable or how you could accomplish anything.

“Why are you so interested in my plan? What, so you can report my revolution before it even begins?”

You clearly asked Con to advise if you should continue with your plan. Since you have no measurable power or leverage to overthrow the DDO government you should not continue with your plan.

“I'm going to DDO.

Great, so explain what you mean and provide some evidence. Why do you think the current DDO president is a drunk and how is the current power structure cruel?

“The point is that people believe that a dictator is more capable of solving DDO's problems than a president.

Ok, so you admit the poll was not a vote for you as you claimed round 1 speaking to your credibility as a potential dictator. You said, “Recent polls have shown that the vast majority of DDO citizens support my coming to power.”

Your poll topic, “Which of the following Cold War/post-WWII leaders do you think would have had the best idea on how to deal with these vermin?” was flawed and biased. First, your poll makes two assumptions that force any voters to acknowledge that trolling/spamming is a real problem that must be dealt with and that a dictator is the solution. The poll itself assumes that your ‘point’ is true. Second, only 20 voters weighed in while there are ~112,000 DDO members [6]. You are completely inaccurate to suggest that 0.00017% represent a site majority to your biased poll.

“Both of those votes are invalid.”

The point is your first attempt to seize any kind of power was a debate topic aimed at banning a member you find to be an offensive ‘troll’ and ended in a failed debate. This speaks to the credibility of your bid for power.

“Who decided that more than 10 debates is spamming? ….Why not 9 or 11?”

I would guess this was a juggle or mod decision. Spamming 10 debates in 24 hours is ridiculous. If you would like to support a higher number go for it. Again you have no influence with Juggle or any Mods so how would you go about changing this anyways?

Con largely exaggerated the number of people who hate me and consider my a troll.
http://www.debate.org...

The 55% majority rate you 4-6/10. I don’t see that this is a strong showing for a potential dictatorship and is probably related to your target interest group. Not everyone loves WWII discussions, which appears to be your main interest on this site [7].

“Stalinmobile was victorious in this race.”

http://www.debate.org...

I don’t see how this adds to your resolution

“This last poll shows how much I care about the opinions of DDO users…. also care about the opinions of spammers and trolls.”

http://www.debate.org...

If this were true you would not forcibly overthrow a democratically elected government.

“Con fails to realize that I only want to purge the spammers and trolls who can no longer be helped in any way.

First you say this immediately after saying that you care about Troll and Spammer opinions. This is also simply an assertion. The only thing we know for sure is that you want to seize absolute power over DDO. In that position you would not be held to any promises you make ahead of time.

-

Pro has tried to avoid the key issues of this debate. In order to evaluate whether he can seize power Pro needs to demonstrate that this is an obligation, probable and desirable first. Then he can establish that he is the man for the job, which he has not been able to do.

[5] http://www.merriam-webster.com...

[6] http://www.debate.org...

[7] http://www.debate.org...

STALIN

Pro

"You are attempting to sidestep the most obvious problem..."

NO! You are attempting to sidestep the obious problem. You want to argue about how I should take power. However this debate is only about IF I should take power.

"A probable plan of action is required."

This debate is to give me some more ideas while I'm making my plans.

"In your explanation you state that you are planning to overthrow the DDO gov’t and establish a dictatorship. You emphasize that my job is to convince you that you should not put your plan into action. Since you have no plan beyond, “overthrow DDO gov’t,” your plan is unlikely to succeed and you shouldn’t try it."

OK really? Who are you to tell me what I should and should not try? This debate is about IF I should become the DDO dictator. Now Con is telling me what I should do...

"You have not established that a dictator is necessary, likely or desirable. No one should feel obligated to do this."

Well there is a Dictatorship right now only in a different form.

" If you would like to clarify what you mean by spamming and trolling some definitions would help."

Thats what I asked you to do in the previous round. Why don't you define it first?

"Imabench is not a president and you have not established that he is a bully or that trolling is always a bad thing. There are interesting trolls that entertain the site and there are annoying trolls that just waste your time."

He is running for president though and he was a president in the past. Imabench is an annoying troll who tried to ruin your DDO experience by being rude, insulting, and stupid.

"So you say. If it is not possible or desirable for you to seize power then you shouldn’t attempt it, my points stand."

I never said that it is not possible. And please don't tell me what to attempt and not attempt. Thats not what this debate is about.

"Fair enough, and still his claim is more credibility than yours because of his DDO reputation and Emperor is comparable to dictator since both vie for absolute power over government."

Adolf Hitler claimed he was doing the right thing by killing Jews. So he was credible right since everybody believed him?

"You concede you are inexperienced so why do you think you are a likely candidate for dictator."

Candidate? Nonono, your mistaken. I will not be "a candidate". I will be THE CANDIDATE!!!

"Great, so explain what you mean and provide some evidence."

Well this is enough evidence: http://www.debate.org...

"Second, only 20 voters weighed in while there are ~112,000 DDO members."

When surveys are conducted, is every single person asked? Not every single person even replies. From my polls you can see the percentage of DDO that supports me.

"You are completely inaccurate to suggest that 0.00017% represent a site majority to your biased poll."

Read what I said in the previous sentence.

"The point is your first attempt to seize any kind of power was a debate topic aimed at banning a member you find to be an offensive ‘troll’ and ended in a failed debate. This speaks to the credibility of your bid for power."

Excuse me? That debate topic was not an attempt to sieze power. It was an attempt to make Imabench pay for his crimes. It was a trial. I have not attempted to sieze power yet. This debate is about whether I should sieze power.

"Spamming 10 debates in 24 hours is ridiculous."

Yes thats what was said by the DDO president who has been trying to prevent free speach for many months now.

"The 55% majority rate you 4-6/10."

"The 55% majority rate you 4-6/10. I don’t see that this is a strong showing for a potential dictatorship and is probably related to your target interest group. Not everyone loves WWII discussions, which appears to be your main interest on this site"

Yes but the poiny is that nobody said they hate me. Nobody voted for category three so that means that your statement on me being unpopular is largely exaggerated.

"I don’t see how this adds to your resolution."

It helps people see how popular I really am.

"If this were true you would not forcibly overthrow a democratically elected government"

Con clearly doesn't know what a democratically elected government is. The president of DDO was elected by around 50 or so DDO users. However like you said earlier, there is more than 100,000 DDO users on DDO.

"First you say this immediately after saying that you care about Troll and Spammer opinions. This is also simply an assertion. The only thing we know for sure is that you want to seize absolute power over DDO. In that position you would not be held to any promises you make ahead of time."

Yes and I want to help the trolls and spammers who can be helped and purge the ones who can't be helped and who will only ruin DDO for the years to come.

"Pro has tried to avoid the key issues of this debate."

Umm, nope. Thats what Pro has been trying to do.

"In order to evaluate whether he can seize power Pro needs to demonstrate that this is an obligation, probable and desirable first."

A dictator can always sieze power. And yes, my previous polls have proved that I amd desirable. Who would be a better dictator than Josef Stalin himself?

2-D

Con

Point of this debate

I get that this debate topic was trying to be funny. In the middle of a dramatic DDO presidential campaign you suggest that you should be dictator of DDO. I was half annoyed and half ready to humor you in accepting the debate.

Round 2 you made no legitimate points and did not even try to while offering random fake criticisms of the site, leadership and other members. It read like a bid to be noticed on the site while antagonizing others.

Even Troll debates should have a point: they are still debates.

Your resolution is full of holes. Although you insist this debate is about ‘IF’ you should take power you invite me to criticize your nonexistent plan in round 1. You have not presented any reason why you should be DDO dictator and you have not even tried to present any kind of argument. This debate is in the arts section, not funny, misc or entertainment. Why on earth did you choose arts?

I like troll debates but this is not in any way a debate. Making random assertions, fake criticisms and promotions of yourself as leadership are just a bit too much imo.

“However this debate is only about IF I should take power.”

You did not in anyway establish this round one.

“This debate is to give me some more ideas while I'm making my plans.”

How is that in any way a debate? If you want help to promote yourself head to the forums.

“Now Con is telling me what I should do...”

In round 1 you said, “Con's job will be to convince me that I should not put my plan into action.”

A plan that you still have not presented.

“Well there is a Dictatorship right now only in a different form.”

How is this website in any way like a dictatorship? Look, fake criticisms about the site with no evidence or point are not entertaining.

“Why don't you define it first?” (spamming and trolling)

You clearly have a problem with this and you don’t have a working definition? I think the definitions are personal to whatever you find annoying. I don’t know how I would define spamming and trolling but the polls you have offered recently like, “should poop be illegal in China?” arguably do not add anything to the site but random annoyance:

http://www.debate.org...

“Imabench is an annoying troll who tried to ruin your DDO experience by being rude, insulting, and stupid.”

That’s your opinion and if you have a problem take it up with him. You’re not exactly raising the bar by using debates as a platform to snipe at other members.

“Adolf Hitler claimed he was doing the right thing by killing Jews. So he was credible right since everybody believed him?”

What does Godwins law have to do with your reputation and a bid for fake leadership?

I will not be "a candidate". I will be THE CANDIDATE!!!

This still seems like a flailing bid to be acknowledged more than anything else. By ‘candidate’ for dictator I meant you are just one member vying for power. There is no reason to suspect that you will ever have absolute power over DDO. Ever.

“From my polls you can see the percentage of DDO that supports me.”

Again you have admitted that the poll was not about you and have not established that anyone supports you as dictator. Why do you feel the need to equate random poll votes with popularity like this?

“It was an attempt to make Imabench pay for his crimes.

Take it up with him. Why start debates directed at members you have a problem with in the first place?

“Yes thats what was said by the DDO president who has been trying to prevent free speach for many months now.”

What? A limit of ten debates in 24 hours is reasonable. If comments like this are supposed to be entertaining… they’re not.

Yes but the poiny is that nobody said they hate me.”

Look, your many polls and a debate topic like this are just too much. What exactly are you looking for? I would rethink your strategy.

“It helps people see how popular I really am.

http://www.debate.org...

Look, a racecar poll where 8 people vote for a car named after you does not establish popularity. I think it’s more important to ask yourself why that is how you see this as the purpose of your polls, to establish popularity. Seriously.

“Con clearly doesn't know what a democratically elected government is.”

Look, any contributing member can vote for DDO president. It’s a fair process while a plan to seize power forcibly is not.

-

At this point Con has just made random assertions and sniped at other members, the site and current leadership. I get that Con opened by trying to be funny but I don’t like the tone and if you are going to offer even fake criticism like this at least have some kind of point.

STALIN

Pro

I thank Con for this response. I will now use this round to conclude.

Con did not respond to one of my strongest arguments. From the very beginning I argued that I would turn DDO into an empire on the internet. One may ask, what is to gain from this? Well think of the Spanish Colonial Empire. They gained massive riches from their colonies in the Americas. I intent to crush all of DDO's enemies and establish an empire on the internet. DDO will become the most powerful country on the internet, imagine that.

I would like to provide one more poll in order to further show my determination to hunt down and destroy the bad guys.
http://www.debate.org...

I provided polls and images to show my overwhelming popularity.

Con mostly responded to my arguments but provided none of his own.

"You clearly have a problem with this and you don’t have a working definition? I think the definitions are personal to whatever you find annoying. I don’t know how I would define spamming and trolling but the polls you have offered recently like, “should poop be illegal in China?”"

That poll was about asking an honest question. There is nothing wrong with it.

More images will further prove my popularity:

More images will prove that I intend to lead DDO to victory:

Conclusion:
Con took this debate too seriously. However I think I won this debate due to the fact that I showed how I intend to transform DDO for the good. FORWARD TO VICTORY! LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!!!!!

2-D

Con

Pro started this debate for ‘fun’ but it quickly turned into a platform to offer unsolicited, faked criticism of the site and other members. This took me by surprise and changed my tone.

Pro suggests that his strongest argument is an empty promise/assertion that he will crush DDO’s ‘enemies’ and take over the Internet. This is the first time he made me laugh in the entire debate.

I have argued that Con has no power base, no plan to seize power (not even a fun one), there is no need for a dictator, that Con has insufficient reputation and a suspicious poll topic and debate history, particularly recently.

Pro did not offer any real arguments and I only laughed the once.
Posted by imabench 2 years ago
imabench
I like how I was driving you crazy on your own debates 9 months ago. Youve been my little punching bag and youre my little punching bag now XD
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
lol you have no power over me, and guess what, every time you try to start a fight with me ill come in and positively ruin your day.

Understand kiddie?
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Go harass somebody else.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
When you mention me in a debate just because I made you look like an idiot somewhere else then guess what, im gonna harass ya for it :3
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Dude there are like thousands of people you could choose to follow. Leave me alone.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
I dont vote against you on your debates to make you lose them idiot, I vote against you on them because you actually did lose them
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Well I hope your not like Imabench who just votes to make you lose.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Mainly because of arguments.

Not basing it off of purely support.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Good observation.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
I think con will win.
Vote Placed by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
STALIN2-DTied
Reasons for voting decision: S/G: Very good job at this from both sides. I do think Con did slightly better, but not enough to widen to gap enough to earn points. Conduct: I found Pros insults to both Imabench, and the current president neither necessary nor was it even very funny for my tastes... No further evidence was provided to show that the past Debate.org presidents were in fact complete drunks. Though he did not really insult his opponent, so I'm torn on whether as can even award this (1) point. Sources: The sources used by Pro were obviously not reliable. An example is the one where he claimed the DDO community supports him- I find it to be misleading, as it was certainty not about PRO, nor was it even about whether dictators are good or not. I could go on, but when I did I ran out of room. Arguments: Pro, regardless of whether he had intentions of great good, did not show how he would be the best leader, or at least better than the current president or last candidates. BoP was not fulfilled
Vote Placed by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
STALIN2-DTied
Reasons for voting decision: Stalin showed that he has a lot of support. He provided more pictures with statistics. Good job to both debaters by the way.