Mini-guy
Wylted

I should kill myself

Wylted

Mini-guy

Pro

First round is for acceptance and clarification of the resolution. I think the resolution is very simple to understand. I shall argue that I, mini-guy, should kill myself, which means I should commit suicide. Con will argue that I should not kill myself.
Wylted

Con

I understand and agree with your resolution. Please provide your arguments.
Mini-guy

Pro

Thanks for accepting. I'm confused with my life. I live in a small poor country. However, I do not wish to tell the name of my country. Our culture in this country is very different. Our culture is full of prejudices, such as sexism, racism etc. Most of the people here are uneducated. Educated people are blind to all the prejudices. Our political system is corrupted. I was born in a very dangerous family. My father is the leader of gangsters. He works in the underground. He is a very bad person. He tortures my mother physically and mentally. He also tortures me mentally a lot. My dad works for our government and is active politician as well. So, complaining to police will not work. They obey my dad. My mother is very ill. I have a little sister whom I love the most. I'm tired of listening to all the insults all day. My relatives and friends also insults me. They call me "a worthless piece of trash" and etc. I'm being constantly insulted everyday. Nobody here understands my talent. There is no freedom of choice. People and especially my dad is a hypocrite. There is no room for rational conversation. It's true that I'm not very skilled at doing tasks. I guess I really am a worthless piece of trash. I'm tired of losing. I'm sick of my failure. My parents don't understand me. They hardly let me do anything. I'm currently using internet hiding in a room because my dad will not let me use it. I feel like there is no escape. What's the point of this life? I should kill myself.
Wylted

Con

Introduction

You can choose to take everything about your situation and past and let it defeat you, or you can use every single thing as a tool for progress. If your looking at the bad you will fail to see the good. The first thing to ask yourself when in you view a situation or event as negative is this. "What is perfect about this situation?"(quote from Anthony Robbins). Don't move from that question until it's answered. This question will help you to start taking perceived disadvantages and using them as advantages. This one tool alone without the rest I describe will dramatically improve your life.

Humble Beginnings

A lot of great people have come from humble beginnings. What is needed is a good knowledge of people who have similar origins to you. Study history. Draw knowledge and inspiration from people of the past who overcame incredible odds. You'll come to see that your situation even though rough and seemingly hopeless is serving to harden you. This time is serving to teach you. How can you lead and inspire men, who have their back against a wall and a gun to their face if you haven't experienced the same thing. Here is a list of men who have achieved greatness despite their humble beginnings. Study their lives to gain inspiration. Remember you need to be a utilitarian. Don't judge the morals of these men just judge what they had to do, to become great.

Ivan the terrible Went from the butt of everyone's jokes and a door mat, to Russia's greatest leader ever.

Ghengis Khan Came from humble beginnings to take a band of savages and marauders to lead them in becoming a civilized and powerful people.

Adolf Hitler Was at odds with his father. He was a lost youth who eventually turned his life around to be leader of Germany and virtually worshipped by his people.

Philosophy

These are horrible times are not only a time for learning from experience. It also gives you a time to work on developing a strong philosophy. With a good philosophy you can focus your attention on other things and be decisive in action. You need to focus on a good working philosophy and not on something that is totally useless and focus's on the nature of the universe, or anything like that. Here is a few philosophers to get you started. Their works can be found free online.

Aristotle His work will teach you logic. With better logic, comes better decisions. When stakes are high and time is short these skills will come in handy.

Nietzsche He will teach you everything you need to know about morals and will also teach you how to develop a good code of honor.

Good Son

Be a good son. Try to be a perfect son, when you're not studying philosophy and history. Learn as much as you can from your father try to gain his favor. Internally you can disagree, but externally you need to learn as much as you can from him and be his protege. His influence and power will help you immensely in life. What will also help you is learning some universal truths about succesful men. Not all things can be learned from books. A great many things can only be learned from osmosis. Shadow your father. The skills you learn from him will be useful at some point.

Passion

Follow your passion. You don't have to know what you'll do for the rest of your life. You just need to do what your passion is now. If something strikes your fancy, pour your entire heart into it. When you find a new passion abandon the old one and move on. The specialist is a dyeing breed. They are all being replaced by computers and robots. When Donald Trump was in college he was heavily involved and passionate about film making. He then went into real estate and all signs pointed to that knowledge of film being a waste. Now that he is back in film we can see the knowledge was no waste at all. You don't know where these passions will take you, but I can tell you your multitude of passions will start to naturally develop an overarching theme. Every single one that seemed unrelated before will come together in some wonderful ways.

Love

If nothing else you should keep going for your sister. She needs her brother to teach her and to protect her. Let love be your driving force in everything you do. People will run into a burning building for love. You won't see that action for hate. With love you are at your most powerful and most dangerous. Use love or it is wasted.

I have given you a guide for life and a reason for living. Now concede this debate, because nothing is hopeless and everything can be used as a tool for good. Go live for your sister, yourself and the world. Pursue greatness, but pursue it with the proper knowledge if history and philosophy.
Mini-guy

Pro

Thanks. Thanks a lot, Wylted. That was very inspiring. I concede. You have opened my eyes. Respect for you <3
Wylted

Con

My opponent concedes. I want to remind the voters, that should they give pro the win he is still morally obligated to kill himself. So use your heart when deciding a victor.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Thank you whiteflame.
Posted by TheLastMan 2 years ago
TheLastMan
Cheers!
Posted by TheLastMan 2 years ago
TheLastMan
Wow.. O.O
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Posted by Mini-guy 2 years ago
Mini-guy
Lol..okay :]
Posted by wordy 2 years ago
wordy
BTW, Good job, Wylted. And...don't end up killing yourself, mini guy.
Posted by wordy 2 years ago
wordy
This is probably the darkest resolution on DDO.
Posted by Mini-guy 2 years ago
Mini-guy
It was a nice reply , Wylted. Thanks for the inspiring debate :]
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
The parts I wanted bold I put this tag on the left of <b> and this tag on the right of </b>
Posted by DarkChiyoko 2 years ago
DarkChiyoko
How do you change your font?
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Great arguments, Wylted. I agree, it was inspiring.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession
Vote Placed by TheLastMan 2 years ago
TheLastMan
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro must live. Conduct point to Pro for cheering him up.
Vote Placed by AdamKG 2 years ago
AdamKG
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wylted's quote, "I want to remind the voters, that should they give pro the win he is still morally obligated to kill himself." is actually true if you if you look at the debate's thesis. Mini-guy, everything Wylted said is true and I back up everything he stated. You especially have to be there for your sister and consider that your ultimate obligation. There is no better motivator than love and passion; you should remember that most of all.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession. Hope that Pro doesn't kill himself. I guess Pro is happy to loose this debate and lives his life as per the inspiring words of Con.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: I hope that Pro isn't all that serious, and this debate was done out of interest. Pro conceded in the final round, so arguments to Con.
Vote Placed by GarretKadeDupre 2 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con offers some fantastic advice. I especially liked his osmosis argument. Plus, he convinced a suicidal person to keep on trying, so he definitely gets convincing argument points. Conduct to Pro for doing the reasonable thing: Basing his judgement on peer review and logic instead of doing the one thing he can never take back based on the whims of temporary emotion.
Vote Placed by Jifpop09 2 years ago
Jifpop09
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.
Vote Placed by Seeginomikata 2 years ago
Seeginomikata
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro concession, and con rebuttal to pro opening arguments weigh heavily.
Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Mini-guyWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro Concedes! Mini-guy your life is a beautiful and special being cherish it! Spend all the time in the world with your sister and mom despite what's been going on. Thank you Con for your words to him too for him to concede.