BangBang-Coconut
vardas0antras

I shouldn't have changed my DDO Username

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

BangBang-Coconut

Con

My opponent may start.
vardas0antras

Pro

Observations:

My opponent has allowed me to post my arguments on Round One and has given me the opportunity to provide definitions.

Definitions:

"I" This refers to BangBang-Coconut.

"Shouldn't" On balance, it is better not to.

Clarifications:

From the definitions it is obvious that I am not arguing that he "ought" to have never changed his username, but that it is better or the same if he had not changed his username from Hello-Orange to BangBang-Coconut.

Burden of Proof:

The BOP rests on my opponent since he is proposing something to happen, on the other hand, I am instigating no change hence I have no need to present an argument.

Now, I don't have to, but even so I will present my argument.

Argument 1: Waste of Effort

My opponent has created a delightful picture for his former account name:

Which he will now not be a able to use, though he can still show it to others.

Argument 2: The name of his youtube account is HelloxOrange

He had used and it seems that he will be using this account for DDO video Debates:

This means:

a) Someone who has only seen his youtube videos will be confused.

b) BangBang-Coconut will receive many emails concerning this phenomena which will become annoying.

Argument 3: Justification

BangBang-Coconut didn't have to change his username but he did because he wanted to, what does this say to other users especially novices? This tells others that the staff of Juggle is like a machine and so feel free to change your username more than you change your avatar.

This means:

a) Mass confusion.

b) Bad relationship with Juggle (the people who own this site) if they begin to refuse or stop responding.

In Conclusion:

My opponent has not only a series of arguments to deal with but also has the BOF.

Incidentally, good luck :)
BangBang-Coconut

Con

I thank my opponent for his hast responses!
And as a brief note to the voters, if my opponent has to forfeit a round it should not be held against him. He is under a time constraint. Should he happen to forfeit a round, then I will do so as well.

As brief road-map I will be offering constructive arguments for my own side first, and will then refute my opponent's arguments.

Con

- I was no longer content with my old username, nor did I feel it was relevant in describing me. "Hello-Orange" while easy to say and read, is not only rather boring but limiting in description as of my personality as well. It limits me to play up to character aspects and limited the words "Hello" as in greeting, or sociable and "Orange" A citrus fruit, and chipper color. Whereas "BangBang-Coconut" allows me much more room to express my thoughts, with less in the realm of assumption being asserted on me.

- Orange is not a color close to my personality whatsoever. My favorite color is blue, and accordingly I tend to associate myself with cooler colors as opposed to warmer colors.

- I think "BangBang-Coconut" is not only fun; but changing my name was the suggested alternative to creating a whole new account.

I will not move onto my opponent's arguments

Pro

Definitions:

I concede my opponent's definitions.

Clarifications:

My opponent is justified in the "Ought" Argument, thus debate is not one of moral relevance; however if he proves that there would be no difference, this is of no credit to him.
My opponent is arguing Pro on that I "shouldn't" have changed my name, meaning he affirms that on balance, it would have been better not to do so.
Thus while my opponent is restricted to proving it is better I had not changed changed my name, I can prove either that it was a good thing, or that it was a neutral thing to have changed my name.

Burden of Proof:

This is not true, my opponent does in fact have the burden to prove that "I shouldn't have changed my DDO username"
This is evident by
1. My opponent accepting to have started this debate
2. The definition of should he has offered

Argument 1: Waste of Effort

I am an artist, creating delightful pictures is within my nature. It is neither a strenuous effort nor a distressing one to create art.
http://bangbang-coconut.deviantart.com...
I am currently content with my profile image, and when I am no longer content with it, I will create a new one.

In fact, because I am no longer limited to being an orange; I can now create many more delightful profile pictures. Thus I win here on magnitude.

a) I debate exclusively on DDO, there is no-one whom has seen only my youtube videos
b) I have received absolutely zero e-mails regarding my you-tube account in my entire you-tube career. Again, I only used it for DDO.

And to add onto this point in negation, it would be incredibly simple to just create a new youtube account. And even if I where to continue using the same account, I'm more sure than not that no-one will be too thrown off by my using a youtube account with an alternate name.
In fact since BangBang-Coconut is such an uncommon name, I'll have an easier time setting this account up.
In fact, -> http://www.youtube.com...

Argument 3: Justification

I don't need to be on this site, but I am because I want to be. I fill no satisfaction other than my own from being a member of this site, and the same is true with other users on this site.

Secondly, many users don't feel the need to change their username, especially novices; they simply decide to change accounts.

Third most users don't even know what methods must be used to change their accounts/

a) I don't believe any-one is confused at the moment, we are fine.
b) The response to have my name changed was nearly immediate; again we are fine/

In conclusion:
I have successfully filled my BOP, as well as shown my opponents, and I have with my opponent's arguments.
Vote Con!
vardas0antras

Pro

vardas0antras forfeited this round.
BangBang-Coconut

Con

My opponent has times out, I forfeit this round too.
Please vote based on the firs few rounds only.
vardas0antras

Pro

vardas0antras forfeited this round.
Posted by BangBang-Coconut 6 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
Lawl
Posted by CiRrK 6 years ago
CiRrK
I prefer the name: BangBang-where*da*cash*at
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
I agree, BangBang-Hello would have been much more sensible.
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
I thought that this will be a quick debate... Now, I have to go and so I'll let Hello-Orange decide what he wants to do with the debate. Also, forfeits do not equal concession (sayin' in case my opponent tries to play dirty).
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
I meant BOP which means Burden of Proof, for example, "The BOP rests on my opponent since he is proposing something to happen".
Posted by Kinesis 6 years ago
Kinesis
What's the BOF?
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
BangBang-Coconutvardas0antrasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Relatively weak argument from Vardas, especially the art reference as BangBang has been in picture debates so it is obvious that drawing is something he enjoys. Then double-forfeits. 4:1 Con.