theConspiracy
Truth_seeker

I think Raiders of the Lost Ark is better than the original Star Wars(and all the other ones)

theConspiracy

theConspiracy

Pro

I think Indiana Jones is better than Star Wars for quite a bit of reasons. We will actually start the debate in round 2. That is the only rule! And, as always, please try to make this debate funny! I hope this will be fun!
theConspiracy

Pro

OK. I will now tell you why I think Raiders is better than Star Wars!
Point 1: Indiana Jones is a better main character than Luke Skywalker. I will now elaborate: a) Harrison Ford is a more experienced actor than Mark Hamill. b) Indiana Jones has a more fleshed-out personality. Luke's kind of a stale character.
That's all I'll post for now, I ran out of time. I will rebuttal your posts!
Truth_seeker

Con

Star wars has more films and based on a far more interesting plot. Yeah, Raiders of the lost Ark has a focus on the Ark of the Covenant, but Star wars has a more diverse and thick plot. In Star Wars, there's a lot of characters which have their own goals, ambitions, flaws, and desires whereas in Indian Jones - Not so much. Star Wars is also a very long storyline considering the movies, games, comics, books, etc. so it's an entire universe.
theConspiracy

Pro

Indiana Jones has detailed mythology and religion. It has high adventure aspects that completely dwarf Star War's entire universe. In Indiana Jones, you feel like it is actually happening right at the moment you watch it. You get completely absorbed in it's story, and the writing is a lot better than in Star Wars. Plus, Indiana Jones doesn't need to have it's own universe because it's not fantasy (like Star Wars is! Well technically it's a space opera, but whatever) or sci-fi. Even if it did have it's own universe, that would actually make it worse, proving that your argument of star wars being because of it's own universe invalid. Also, movies don't need to have a bunch of comics, videogames, and merch to be better than one that does. Oh, and a franchise doesn't need to have a long storyline to beat one that does. And when does having more films make Star Wars have a far more interesting plot? Just because it has more films doesn't really mean that the story is better. In Indiana Jones there are characters with better personalities than in Star Wars - though I will admit, Star Wars does have more characters with the personality traits mentioned above by you. But that doesn't mean that Indiana Jones doesn't have characters like that. I actually genuinely think that Indiana Jones has quite a bit of characters like that, with the main character at the forefront of that. Again, I will say, the main character Luke is very stale, especially compared to other characters in Star Wars. Geoge and co. could've fleshed out his personality a bit more. I think people who think that Star Wars is way better than Indiana Jones will agree with me that Indiana Jones is a better character than Luke. I would say that Indie is a better character than even Han Solo.
That's all I'll post for now... I can't wait to see your rebuttals!
Truth_seeker

Con

What's so special about raiders of the lost Ark? Simply that Indiana Jones is finding the lost Ark of the Covenant. Star Wars covers a more vast plot. Star Wars is about battling the sith and bringing down the trade federation which dominated many solar systems (1). Episode 1 is about how they attack Naboo as the Jedi must defend the galaxy from them (2). This is also the moment the Jedi meet Anakin Skywalker who plays a very vital role in the Star Wars saga. There is also a lot of character progression on all characters even the Sith (Darth Maul). Darth Maul also a backstory that you catch a glimpse of and you find out more in the books. He's a Sith lord who is loyal to Darth Sidious and uses fear to cripple his foes. He progresses as he seeks to achieve his goal. Obi Wan Kenobi progresses as he learns more from Qui Gon. The droids also prove to be very useful. Anakin Skywalker also progresses as he learns how to use the force and leaves his home to become a Jedi. Padme Amidala also plays an important role as a Queen of Naboo and her people. There are different civilizations that you encounter and characters that you can't hate like R2-D2 and C-3PO as well as humor. Episode 2 delves deeper into Anakin's character as he grows in the force but you also see a darker side of him just a bit. I'll stop there because i don't want to spoil it for anyone.

There's more action and fighting in the Star Wars universe. There's not just light-saber duels, but also shoot outs, space battles, droid battles, wars,etc. There's alot of politics involved as well as insight into the mind of the Jedi and Sith. Star Wars characters leave behind memorable quotes. Themes touch on philosophy, loyalty, courage, good and evil, friendship, love, betrayal, hope, discipline, hate, power, list goes on.

Indiana Jones is a myth, whereas Star Wars is on another level in a galaxy far far away :P

1. http://starwars.wikia.com...

2. http://en.wikipedia.org...
theConspiracy

Pro

theConspiracy forfeited this round.
Truth_seeker

Con

I rest my case
theConspiracy

Pro

Since you are using the very horrible, awful, stinky prequel trilogy as an example, all of those arguments are automatically invalid. The prequel trilogy did EVEVERYTHING wrong! It ruined 1/2 of the Star Wars movies. Everyone had high expectations because George Lucas directed and wrote all three of them, but they were proved wrong. Even fans of Star Wars hate the prequel trilogy. I mean, that's just a sign of a bad movie, when the fans of the franchise hate it. Ol' George just wanted to rake in cash from kids and fans of the original trilogy.
This video explains it better than me:

https://www.youtube.com...;

Well then, now that I got that rant over with, I better start explaining why I think Raiders is a bit better than the original trilogy, and WAY better than the prequel trilogy.
a) everything I said in my previous args[]
b) You don't need to have a huge universe with lots of characters to have fun watching a movie - do you? I thought not...
c) The pure fun absorbs you into Raiders, and you sometimes find yourself unconsiously jumping up and whipping the air.
d) Star Wars just isn't the PURE movie it was anymore. You have merch, EU, and (ugg) the prequel trilogy. Indiana Jones is still just the trilogy it always has been - and the same universe. There isn't as much merch as Star Wars, though there is Indiana Jones 4 (ugg), but that is one movie. Star Wars has THREE horrible movies, with merch and bad EU to boot. In short, Indiana Jones is purer than Star Wars.
e) It is more action-packed.
Truth_seeker

Con

I rest my case
Posted by theConspiracy 2 years ago
theConspiracy
Sorry for forfieting I didn't have time!!!!!! Sorry so sorry so sorry so sorry. Please continue debating in the last round!
Posted by theConspiracy 2 years ago
theConspiracy
P.S, I meant George instead of Geoge! Sorry teh internets!
Posted by theConspiracy 2 years ago
theConspiracy
Yes you can pick a different character to debate with if you want. :)
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
Lol I don't like Luke, can I pick a different character?
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
All the films?
Posted by theConspiracy 2 years ago
theConspiracy
We're talking the original trilogy.
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
Which star wars are we talking?
Posted by theConspiracy 2 years ago
theConspiracy
Tomorrow I shall post!
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
theConspiracyTruth_seekerTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff, but pro proved that one good quality movie beats a series of half-bad-half-good movies. He also wins arguments of the universe not needing to be big for the movie to be good. Use sources and reviews next time, Truth, and your noob-snipe might be more successful. Which reminds me--pro is the only one with sources.