pogojayden123
birdlandmemories

I think girls are smarter than boys.

birdlandmemories

pogojayden123

Pro

I have been fighting with boy's about girl's being smarter than boy's. I am wondering if I am true. It started off with me teasing boy's about how girls are smarter than boy's. But NOW, I think to my-self, "ARE girl's ACTUALLY smarter than boy's?" So I did this debate, so I could figure out if it is true. I think that boy's will say no to this, because they are boy's, and they just say that. I want some-one to give me PROOF if it is true. Either a scientist, or some-one search it up and find it.
birdlandmemories

Con

I accept this debate. I will save the bulk of my arguments for round 2. I would also like to point out a few observations from my opponent's opening argument:

1: My opponent used commas in an incorrect fashion multiple times.

2: My opponent makes an assumption by saying that boys will disagree because they are boys.

3: My opponent incorrectly used the word "some-one". The correct word choice would've been "someone".

Thanks to my opponent for starting this debate, and best of luck.
pogojayden123

Pro

Good luck to you too. And I still think that we are smarter, even though I did bad grammer. I am "sorry" for that. ANYWAYS, GIRLS (most of the time) make better decisions, and boys, they have "gangs" and "parties" and that stops them from learning. I personally think, that if I was a BOY, that I would pay attention to my SCHOOLING and not "gangs" and more like that. Like I said, boys are the one's who USUALLY make bad decisions. I am a girl, and there are more nice GIRLS than BOYS. Thank you.
birdlandmemories

Con

While girls are smart, history tells us that boys are smarter than girls. Most famous scientists were guys, like Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton. Most famous entrepreneurs are guys, like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Even the guy who won the most money ever on Jeopardy, Brad Rutter, is a guy. Also, there are more guy students at Harvard than there are female students [1].

[1] http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...
pogojayden123

Pro

pogojayden123 forfeited this round.
birdlandmemories

Con

My opponent forfeits. Vote con.
Posted by Clarity 3 years ago
Clarity
Men and women are of equal intelligence, when it comes down to analyzing how their gender affects their intelligence(some men will be smarter than some women, some women will be smarter than some men). There is little evidence supporting the idea that either side is smarter.

The reason why men join organizations like gangs when making poor decisions is that path is what many cultures deem desirable, and the gender roles indicate people who are masculine are more expected to use force to get what they want. This claim also loses any ground it has when you realize women join gangs as well. The whole parties is the same case, both and women partake in the activity.

As for most scientists being men, well, that is because society has been incredibly sexist for a long time, and only stopped being so in the past 50 years. Women were often denied entrance to universities and many professors did not take their work seriously, no matter how ingenious. Some women were able to become famous, but a very large number were discriminated against.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
I thought Pro was actually a male until she stated that she is a female.. And I disagree with this debate simply because I believe that all humans are smart in their own unique way.. Just because someone may not be good at one thing does not mean that they are not good at another. I perceive this debate as a discriminating debate though towards the males.. Just my opinion though..
Posted by vekoma123 3 years ago
vekoma123
'The Instigator' claims they are 20 years old. I highly doubt it.

I think that men and women are both smart in their own ways, but have different ways of thinking and processing.
Posted by Mark_Carolus 3 years ago
Mark_Carolus
So, if i read you correctly, you equate intelligence with the ability to do good at school right?

Well then explain to me why the worlds most successful people, haven't finished school in most cases and are in fact almost always men?

And don't you dare say it's because men are more privileged than women, cause that is pure bs, nobody is stopping any women from starting her own company and becoming successful.

The difference between men and women (I think) is in taking risks, men take more risks.
Taking more risks means more bad results (like not finishing school), but it also means men are more likely to take risks with success.
Women on the other hand, tend to take the safe route, the route that offers the most security for their future.

We can have a debate on which of the two is best, but that would also be ridiculous.
If you ask me, men and women are put on earth TOGETHER, to keep each other in BALANCE.
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
It sucks that the character limit is only 500 -_-
Posted by TheCommonMan 3 years ago
TheCommonMan
It will be interesting to see how this debate turns out. I don't want to necessarily point out strategies that can be used in this debate, but con has an easier job here. I'm definitely following this debate.
Posted by bellabella 3 years ago
bellabella
GOOOO SPARTANS THEY ROCK
but really girls CAN be smarter than A boy but also vies versa it does not really have a definite answer but girls do have a higher rank in well paying jobs.
Posted by TheInterlang 3 years ago
TheInterlang
There are stupid boys and stupid girls. There are smart boys and smart girls. That simple.

I am tired of people saying one gender is smarter than the other. (But it is funny!)
Posted by NPDAgeek 3 years ago
NPDAgeek
Meh it isn't about proving whether or not the aff thinks that, the aff is meant to uphold the resolution, which she is, the neg will counter whatever she produces.

In tournaments, resolutions will say "THIS HOUSE BELIEVES" or THIS HOUSE REGRETS" and things like that at the beginning of a resolution and usuallly nobody argues it whether the house believes it or not.

I've seen a few procedural before that looked like that though they just don't turn out well for the aff.
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
@Sudestop: This should be quite simple. Btw, how have I already lost? There are 2 rounds left.
Vote Placed by Jay-D 3 years ago
Jay-D
pogojayden123birdlandmemoriesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con since Pro forfeited. I think his arguments in round 2 had Pro stymied, which is why he forfeited. With that assumption, as well as the fact that Con provided a solid yet brief rd 2, I award arguments to Con. Pro never used any sources, and hence loses it. Pro loses S&G (come on, he doesn't even know the spelling of "grammar") too. All in all, it's 7-0 for Con. And NO, Pro, it's not because I'm a boy; it's because you were too weak.
Vote Placed by Hierocles 3 years ago
Hierocles
pogojayden123birdlandmemoriesTied
Reasons for voting decision: x
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
pogojayden123birdlandmemoriesTied
Vote Placed by PiercedPanda 3 years ago
PiercedPanda
pogojayden123birdlandmemoriesTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
pogojayden123birdlandmemoriesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Con, because he did not forfeit. S&G: Con, because Pro had numerous mistakes (ex. Putting apostrophes in words that shouldn't have one and spelling "grammar" like "grammer"). Arguments: Con, because he listed some famous very intelligent people that were all men. I also don't give this to Pro because she (I assume it's a she) makes many incorrect assumptions, one being that boys are usually involved in gangs. Sources: Con, because he actually gave one.