camd3n
11ksawyer

I think if you want kids/teens to be healthier you need to give them required nutrition classes.

11ksawyer

camd3n

Pro

Giving kids required gym classes and heath classes that make you work out and teach you how your body works, isn't going to help them later in there life. They need to be educated in what they're consuming and why they should take better care of there body's. Working out is great, but I think nutritional values are very important.
11ksawyer

Con

I do agree that kids need to be educated however kids also need exercise. Exercise and diet is the only way to get healthy; I am a person that needs to be hands on. Gym wasn't my favorite in high school but it kept me in shape and healthy. I don't think nutrition classes need to be required because 80% kids will choose that class anyways. Requiring someone to do something will make them mad and rebel against the idea.
camd3n

Pro

I wasn't saying that gym shouldn't be unrequired I stated that I think it's important. Just say that I rebel against gym, I still have to take it. Your opinion on the topic doesn't make sense. If you don't know how to eat healthy or how it's helping your body, then you'll be too overweight to "work out." I think working out is one of the most important things that you need as a kid. Yet, as I've grown older it's more important to know what I am eating, and why I am eating it. If 80% of kids would want to take the class, that is around the same percent that wants to take gym. Even the students that don't want to take gym, still learn things and gains the benefits. Same goes for the students that wouldn't want to take a nutritious classes, they would still benefit.
11ksawyer

Con

I apologize if I miss read you about requiring gym classes. However I still stayed by my statement of not requiring health classes. Now lets say that a nutrition class is required then I guarantee that there would still be overweight kids because even if they take a class that doesn't mean that they would practice what they learned. It takes more than that; it's something that needs to be taught by the parents and carried through til they are out of the house. Parent's need to be a role-model to kids what it comes to nutrition. When grocery shopping the parent can ask the child what vegetable or fruit would go well with their meal for that night. That would give the child a choice on what they eat but it's a healthy choice!
camd3n

Pro

camd3n forfeited this round.
11ksawyer

Con

I feel that people should have a choice and not be required to do something.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
camd3n11ksawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Con. Pro forfeited the final round which is rarely acceptable behavior in any debate setting. S&G - Tie. Both had adequate spelling and grammar. Arguments - Con. While both presented compelling cases for their respective positions, Con had arguments which remained standing unchallenged by Pro in the end. Due to Pro having the BOP, and failing to maintain it by leaving Con's challenges standing, Con wins arguments. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate.