rainbow_ninja
thispersonisagenius

I think jockey racing should be banned

Started: 5/21/2013 Category: Sports

rainbow_ninja

Pro

hello I would like to begin with that I think Jockey racing should be banned. Firstly my main concern is the horses get put down I might be wrong but I know in some Jockey races this dose happen. it's horrible and outrages this is not the horses fault they pushed there self as hard as they could they cant help it if they lost.

secondly bidding Jockey race bidding is a common addiction once you start to bid you want to put more and more money on it. if you are in a family you are responsible to get food pay bills clothes and you child's education but you are instead using the money to bid.

thirdly have you ever thought on how the horse might be getting hurt or sore I bet you don't because presenters are there to present not worry about the horses the audience is there to watch not sit there worrying for hours and the jockeys just care about winning. horses are living creators not just something to be used to race with they are living things.

as I am the only one bothered by this and I wouldn't dare to make this all up this is all true. in my open I have some things that I think could change by treating the horse fairly and all jockeys should be given a trophy for participating. Bidding I think bidding should have a certain limit like 100 or whatever you think could suite you. putting the horses down should be banned and anyone who dose will be fined unless the horse has a broken leg or needs to be put down.

this is my first debate and it may not be good but it would be much apricated if you could give me some ideas on what debate I should do next :)
thispersonisagenius

Con

I am accepting to disagree with your proposition that jockey racing should be banned. I hope for an intellectually rich and enjoyable debate.

In response to your first point about how "horses get put down", we have no proof that the horses feel this way, or indeed any proof at all that horses are sapient beings capable of feeling emotions, let alone feeling put down by the pressure of losing races.

Bidding is not exclusive to jockey racing. Bidding is present in almost every sport, though it may be more prominent in jockey racing. Many people place bets on basketball, football, etc. games without too much of an effect on the quality of life of their families. I believe that you exaggerate the detrimental effects of bidding.

Finally, jockey racing is very similar to any other sport in terms of injury. The only difference between injury in jockey racing and in other sports is that the animals being hurt are not human. If we as people are meant to treat all beings equally, by your logic all sports should be banned because they often result in injury (a prominent example being the injury Kevin Ware suffered in the NCAA March Madness tournament).

Once again, I look forward to an intellectually rich and enjoyable debate! Thank you very much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As a side note, please do your best to use proper spelling and grammar (especially capitalization), as it does make it much easier for teh rest of us to understand wat your saying thanks
rainbow_ninja

Pro

rainbow_ninja forfeited this round.
thispersonisagenius

Con

thispersonisagenius forfeited this round.
rainbow_ninja

Pro

rainbow_ninja forfeited this round.
thispersonisagenius

Con

Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
rainbow_ninjathispersonisageniusTied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)