backwardseden
squonk

I used to think the worst most evil hateful verses in the bible were... welp that's changed

squonk
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

backwardseden

Pro

I normally thought that Deuteronomy 13: 9-10 "9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage."

Then there's Deuteronomy 17: 2-5 which basically states the same thing and absolutely 100% proves that its god is based on pure hate and evil were the most horrifying verses in the stupid pathetic bible in which the supposed god of it would never communicate in text form, the worst form of communication possible...

"2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

But nah, far sicker and more devious and diseased and demented verses are these 2 verses of pure hate and evil and completely lacking spirituality of any kind. I mean yeah right, the bible really really really should be taught to children - right?

1 John 2:15 "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

John 15:19 "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."
What a truly great way to absolutely kill murder ANY type of spirituality. But like it was ever offer offered in the bible in the first place? WRONG!!!!

RULES:
Prove that the god according to the bible is NOT evil and bent on hate and that he has unearthliness and otherworldliness. Prove that god was "happy" 5 times in the bible.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to participate in the voting process.
squonk

Con

Hey man, I just want to start off by saying that Jesus Christ loves you whether you believe in Him or not. God put it on my heart to tell you that He is just waiting for you to reach out to him in prayer. Meanwhile, I'll answer your questions about the Holy Scripture.

You brought up Deuteronomy 13 and 17. Deuteronomy means "Second Law." It's a rewritten, revised, more recent edition of the law found in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, etc. Let me just say that the ancient Israelites viewed God differently from how modern Christians view God. The ancient Israelites were henotheistic. Yahweh was the national god of Israel. Each of their neighbours had their own national gods, too!

Yahweh had a covenant with the people of Israel. A covenant is an agreement that brings about a relationship of commitment between God and his people. The details of this agreement are found in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. Yahweh requires certain things of the Israelites. For one thing, Yahweh requires that the Israelites worship Yahweh alone; He doesn't want them worshipping any other gods. That's why we have verses like Deuteronomy 13:9-10 and 17:2-5.

It's important to note why Yahweh doesn't want the Israelites worshipping other gods: It's not because they're false gods. It's not because they don't exist. It's because Yahweh is, by his own admission, a jealous god.

Theology has changed over time. The Yahweh of the Pentateuch evolved into the God that Christians believe in today. Frankly, Christians today have many different and often conflicting notions about who God is, what God is, what God wants, what God thinks is right or wrong. Each Christian group has their own take on Scripture. But one thing you'll find all modern Christians have in common: nobody has a covenant with Yahweh in the 21st century.

The Bible is a really old book. In many ways, it's the foundation of the Christian faith. But the world has changed, and moral attitudes have changed, and our understanding of god has changed. We don't worship the god of a desert tribe of savages...which is what the ancient Israelites really were. We worship the loving God of an entire cosmos, bigger than what the ancient Israelites could have imagined.

So don't read the Pentateuch and worry, "Oh my goodness! Christians are going to stone me!" Nobody is getting stoned...except people who smoke reefer! Ha ha ha.

In Christ,

- squonk
backwardseden

Pro

Hey man I just want to start off to say that I am ending this fraudulent debate from a smart-alecky pathetic stooge who probably picks his nose hairs with battery acid and skunk perfume when he gets the urge to get a whine and a scowl from a fried egg that manages to beef himself up and gives himself some tears by ripping into his eyelids with sharpened giggles of a fruitfly snack from a nun"s dancing tonsils in the morning. I truly hate it when people lie. Bye.
squonk

Con

Oh, well I guess I win the debate then.

You seem pretty upset about Christianity.
backwardseden

Pro

Who cares if a darling little maggot like you wins? I told you I don't deal with scrawny little feeble sewer scum liars like you. You claim to be an atheist in your manure spread profile and yet in your saddened super cheap moldy pink undies arguments thus far (and game playing of a child I might add) you take the side of the sourpuss christ who has to supercheezit his way into bufoonery which is nothing more than a bang bang puff of smoke cigar that never went off. Yeah you are damaged goods. And I'd be willing to bet everything, just like nearly all christians I've debated here, that you have no genuine friends or loved ones. What do I mean by genuine? Those that will go way way wayyyyyyyyy out of their way to help you out in time of dire need and NEVER ask you a single question. For that I can't even pity you. But you flat out deserve it. And you did it to yourself. Its also a HUGE red flag. And you will die alone. So how's about them noodles and pastries - boy? Again. Bye.
squonk

Con

Um, okay. I think you need to relax.
Posted by backwardseden 3 weeks ago
backwardseden
@SirNoodles518 - Sure. But he did it to gain attention and for no other reason. And he deliberately took both sides to be a child and play simpleton games and for no other reason in an attempt to p**s me off. He knows it.
Posted by SirNoodles518 3 weeks ago
SirNoodles518
In all fairness a good debater can argue for any side whether they believe in what they're arguing for or not. Squonk could've just been trying to practise his debating skills which is the whole point of this website.
Posted by squonk 3 weeks ago
squonk
@backwardseden

Why can't I argue on behalf of Christians? What's wrong with that, exactly?
Posted by backwardseden 3 weeks ago
backwardseden
@squonk - Oh there is plenty WRONG with arguing for christianity especially when you claimed yourself to be an atheist. But you neatly changed that ideal to "not saying" to protect yourself from flat out lying. But deep down you flat out lied and you know it and so do I you sad pathetic dimwitted dullard snot meat sow. There's also plenty wrong with it when you develop a debate entitled "Christians do not believe in the God of Moses." and you take the pro side of it you orgyrama of toothpick iced in your garden of sores brain. Yeah you play both sides. Bad idea. And its even worse for you because there's nothing in christianity that is provable. Its all fake and fraudulent. christ is NOT the messiah by long shot. I mean there's no proof that he even existed. And saying he did, he broke god's laws. So right there he should have been executed as per those laws. Nah. christianity, and religion makes up its own laws to suit its own desires, wants and needs just like you by gum. I'm so very glad I made your day better. Please do not post me again unless you have something intelligent to say. Ta ta.
Posted by squonk 3 weeks ago
squonk
Yes, I was arguing for the side of Christianity. There is nothing wrong with that.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I can't argue for the side of Christianity.
Posted by MindMaster 4 weeks ago
MindMaster
You seriously need to chill out.
Posted by backwardseden 4 weeks ago
backwardseden
No you wern't. Try harder you sweaty piece of rear end wipe. You were flat out arguing for the side of christianity. Not atheism, in which you cabbage batbrain claim that you are an atheist. Now go to a beach, dry up and blow away. Your little snivels are that of a chewed parachuting reindeer in heat.
Posted by squonk 4 weeks ago
squonk
A debate is a debate. I was arguing the other side, and I did a good job. Whether or not I genuinely believe in my position doesn't matter.
Posted by backwardseden 4 weeks ago
backwardseden
@MindMaster - I don't need nor wants to spread eagle that the squat push-ups is required by your substandard to prove that he's lied to the world. The rotted toad hoofed in his mind knows it. His saddened humility and degradation is enough. Should the tiger decide to poke his head out further, then yep, he will be exposed full frontal.
Posted by dsjpk5 4 weeks ago
dsjpk5
Because whenever he realizes he has an opponent that is making arguments he can't refute, he pretends to be outraged, and quits. That's why. But don't take my word for it. Check out some of his other debates. The guy is a forfeiting machine!
Vote Placed by MindMaster 3 weeks ago
MindMaster
backwardsedensquonkTied
Reasons for voting decision: backwardseden literally gave 0 evidence for ANYTHING Squonk said and he made excuses cause he knew he couldn't refute them and he just gave childish insults,