zircle_of_life
rekcut94

I will be able to make it through the next two years of high school.

zircle_of_life

Pro

Hey!!! I'm disappointed in your lack of faith in me. I can't believe you held bets against me. Do you honestly think I will break down and go psycho next year just because certain people graduated??? Do you honestly think that I would quit forensics just because a few people won't be there next year??? Why do you doubt me?

I'm a little stronger than you think I am.
rekcut94

Con

Ah, so the insanity begins. First off the topic is "I will be able to make it through the next two years of high school." Understanding this you then started ranting about not becoming a psychotic freak next year, which has nothing to do with graduating seeing as psychotic freaks graduate all the time. So assuming you would rather debate about the topic "I will not become a psychotic freak next year." Then I will debate on that topic. So let us begin that debate.

I would like to start this new "debate" by pointing out some more errors you made. First being that you said I "held" bets against you. This is a complete lie, I am currently holding investments from people who are simply investing in an important cause. The next error you made was that you think that adding a couple extra question marks makes you cooler and makes a point. The only point that those extra question marks are making is that you can't seem to make an argument without them. So, onto the debate.

I honestly do think that you will not be able to make it next year. I would like to point out that in this last year of Forensics you completely hung on to that "certain person" that graduated. There was not a second that I did not see you clinging onto that "certain person" for dear life. If you try to deny that you hung onto that person then I will just bring up the point that you styled most of your events after that "certain person". Another thing is that you almost left Forensics this year due to your parents pressuring you, so once the only motivation you had for staying is gone then they will almost certainly take advantage of that and exploit that "certain persons" absence to get you out of Forensics.

My final argument is that I do not believe that you have a strong will and I most certainly doubt you. Throughout the Forensics year you had complete doubt in yourself regardless of the situation. Just as an example, at a certain tournament I was going to watch your Dramatic Interpretation round. You couldn't stand me being in the room and didn't even have the self control to perform your piece correctly. Since you have little self control, if any, then there is no doubt that you will utterly fail at your remedial attempt to not go insane.
zircle_of_life

Pro

zircle_of_life forfeited this round.
rekcut94

Con

Well, as of a few minutes ago you forfeited Round 2. I am not sure whether you plan on posting arguments for rounds 3-5 but you not posting anything for Round 2 really hurts you. This just completely proves my point that you are not stronger than you think you are.

Seeing as you had 3 days to reply to the argument and you were online a few times during that time limit I am going to assume that you have given up on your endeavor at defeating me. Congratulations, you have proved my points and I would like to thank you for that. Have a nice summer and see you next year...if you are still in Forensics anyways.
zircle_of_life

Pro

I apologize for not posting my argument for round two. The times I was online, I was unable to post an actual argument.

In your first argument, you started out by pointing out some errors I made. You said that my first error was saying that you held bets against me because that was a "lie." It is not a lie considering the fact that during the last few days of forensics class, you walked around the room saying, "How long do you think Alyssa will last next year and how much do you want to BET on it?" This is not a very important cause. I believe you will lose a lot of money doing that. You pointed out my second error was that I added extra question marks to my sentences. I am perfectly capable of making an argument without adding extra question marks. I will prove my point with this argument.

- "There was not a second that I did not see you clinging onto that "certain person" for dear life."

There were plenty of seconds that you saw me when I was not "clinging on to that 'certain person' for dear life." He was not at school every day this last school year. He was not present for every forensics class period. Do you remember the Dixie tournament? Do you remember when I sat in front of you on the bus ride home and "borrowed your phone to text someone and call them?" I believe that "certain person" was not there for that occasion.

- "Another thing is that you almost left Forensics this year due to your parents pressuring you, so once the only motivation you had for staying is gone then they will almost certainly take advantage of that and exploit that "certain persons" absence to get you out of Forensics."

It is true that I almost left forensics because of my parents, but not because they were just pressuring me. I could leave forensics if I make them mad at all, but I wouldn't leave - they would take me out. I was almost taken out of the class because my parents didn't want me in there. My second point is that this "certain person" is not my only motivation for staying. Being vice president of the team, winning trophies / medals, doing something I enjoy, beating a certain team we always rival against, and proving you wrong are all motivations for me to stay. I wouldn't quit something I enjoy just because someone else left.

- "My final argument is that I do not believe that you have a strong will and I most certainly doubt you."

I find it funny that you've known me for five years now and you still don't know me at all. You obviously do not know of how competitive I am. I like to fight for things and I will fight for something to the death. I like to prove people wrong. I will do everything to prove you wrong and show you that I can survive two more years of high school without turning into a psychotic freak before I graduate.

- "You couldn't stand me being in the room and didn't even have the self control to perform your piece correctly. Since you have little self control, if any, then there is no doubt that you will utterly fail at your remedial attempt to not go insane."

I had enough self control to perform my dramatic interpretation correctly once I had other people to focus on. It was only difficult when you were the only person I was performing for and you were laughing while I was trying to be serious. I have plenty of self control. I have lasted this whole summer without going insane. I do not see this "certain person" very often. I only see him if we happen to be at the same social gathering, and it's only for a second, and then we part our separate ways.

If I wasn't a strong person, I would have either become a psychotic freak or killed myself a very very long time ago.

By the way, you will see me in forensics next year. I hope you enjoy your summer while it lasts.

Again, I apologize for forfeiting round 2 of this debate. I didn't do it deliberately.
rekcut94

Con

Ah, good to see you are back. I am somewhat glad that we are now able to finish this debate. Now it is time for some arguments, yay.

In your argument about me lying about these "bets" I was having during the last few days of Forensics. The problem with that is that it was during the last 40 minutes of Forensics and they were only "bets" for about 10 seconds. It started off as a joke but then I realized that it could be good for me. So realizing this I quickly changed my mind and, if you recall, I then said, "These are investments, not bets." Having said this I then received more investments, not bets.

Next you talk about how "There was not a second that I did not see you clinging onto that 'certain person' for dear life." I am not sure if you realize this but that does not have to mean that you were physically with that person and holding onto them. All that it means is that you greatly rely on that person "for dear life." I apologize if you thought I meant it only in a physical way. Just as a bit of proof for this, it is a fact that during that Dixie tournament you brought that "certain person" up a lot. You even styled your events after the events that that "certain person" did. If that is not a form of clinging (not necessarily physical) then I am not sure what is.

You then talked about the whole parents problem, and how that "certain person" was keeping you in Forensics. I certainly do believe that they were keeping you in Forensics, and that those "motivations for staying" are not very strong. First being that you are the vice president. VP in our class is not a very important thing, you don't do much and most of the kids I know don't respect the position at all. I do not understand why you would enjoy that at all, although that may just be me. Your next thing was "winning trophies/medals, and doing something I enjoy." You also used to be a cheerleader, you seemed to enjoy that but dropped it nonetheless. The thing about winning trophies and medals is not something I can argue since they are material objects that I, personally, could care less about, but since a lot of people I know enjoy them then it just comes down to opinion. "Beating a certain team we always rival against." You can beat that "certain team" (gotta love not saying these names, huh?) in just about anything you do, Forensics is only one of a half-million things that we can beat them at, staying just so you can beat them seems pretty ridiculous. Your final point on that argument was proving me wrong. You can honestly prove me wrong in as many things that you want, but I cannot think of one thing you have proven wrong to me in the short time that I have actually known you.

Your final argument was that you find it funny that I don't know how competitive you are. I find it funny that you think I have known you for five years. I home schooled until 5th grade, going into 6th grade I did not know many people and you certainly were not one of them, 7th grade was no different, and I think I may remember you from 8th grade, and even if I have known you for five years then I think it funny that you do not know me very well. You should know that I take zero interest into other peoples lives, I could care less how your day went, and I could certainly care less if your life sucks and you need comfort. The only time I take any sort of interest into someone's life is if I have nothing better to do, and I most certainly had better things to do in Middle School than take interest in some bodies life. Another thing is that you are not very competitive. You give up quite easily and don't give it any more thought. While you may give something your all you do not do anymore once you know you have lost. If you would like to remember for a little bit when you were asked to perform your HI in front of me then you did nothing. You recited it in five minutes in a very monotone voice and complained about it completely. You will not dedicate yourself to making things better.

Finally it seems that you added another one of my quotes onto their so I will talk about that. You obviously do not seem to recall the fact that I have a very good ability of keeping a straight face, and if somebody asks me to watch their interpretation then I will oblige and critique them accordingly, and I have a hard time believing you have self-control when I recall multiple events where you freak out at the tiniest things, which just proves that you will easily become a psychotic freak by the end of the High School (if you aren't already).

Just as a final point I would like to say that this isn't entirely about that "certain person", this is about you not turning into a psychotic freak by the end of High School, this "certain person" is just a single factor in this situation among many more, including what I have seen to be a type of OCD.

Try to enjoy your summer without going insane because I have an investment that you will not go insane until one month after school starts next year.

Don't let me down.
zircle_of_life

Pro

zircle_of_life forfeited this round.
rekcut94

Con

Once again my opponent shows that she was not prepared for this debate. Regardless of whether or not she could get to a computer, or if three days weren't enough, or even if aliens abducted her for 2 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes, she started this debate, so she should have been prepared to actually do it. I myself am not even at my own home right now, I am staying at my grandmothers for a week and I still find time to reply to these debates.

The last thing I am really going to say, since my opponent forfeited another round, is that this really just proves that my opponent is not competitive at all. So if my opponent isn't competitive then she really does have know reason to stay in Forensics aside from material possesions.

Thank you, and hopefully you respond, but since I know how competitive you aren't then this could end now.
zircle_of_life

Pro

zircle_of_life forfeited this round.
rekcut94

Con

Well, the power of becoming psychotic is very strong. It seems that my opponent forfeited three of the five rounds given. The first round was ridiculous at best with great confusion on the topic. The second round was forfeited by my opponent proving my point of her not being very strong. The third round my opponent came back and tried to rebute all of my arguments but as seen in that same round I took down every reason she had. Once again my opponent forfeited the fourth round and followed up by forfeiting the fifth. I hope you vote on my side and enjoy your summer.
Posted by nippybabi 6 years ago
nippybabi
This is my last year of his school and I believe I will make it through high school and college. I excel in school but I don't think I have the right support system.
Posted by nippybabi 6 years ago
nippybabi
Vote Placed by rekcut94 6 years ago
rekcut94
zircle_of_liferekcut94Tied
Vote Placed by zircle_of_life 6 years ago
zircle_of_life
zircle_of_liferekcut94Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Tucker likes girls.