Aric
ToastOfDestiny

I will break as few rules as possible.

ToastOfDestiny

Aric

Pro

Foundation rules by Mongeese

0. By accepting this debate, my opponent agrees to all the rules already posted.

1. Rules created hold power over all rules posted later, and no later rule can contradict an earlier rule.

2. Both players should still have the ability to post rules in their turn.

3. Whoever breaks the most rules shall lose the debate

4. With the exception of my first round, a player may only do something besides make rules to discuss whether one has broken a rule, or whether a rule is null.

5. Not counting these foundation rules, each player can only create 3 rules per turn.

6. Each player must produce 3 rules per round or they forfeit.

7. Rules cannot result in an auto-winner. Each player should have an opportunity to not break each rule.

8. All rules are assumed to only apply to future actions.

9. Each player must document his or her rules using the numbers 10-24 for pro and 25-39 for con.

END FOUNDATION RULES

10: Con must post his rules in both English and Serbian.

11: Con must use a different avatar each round.

12: Con must update his/her profile to say that he/she is looking for a relationship with both men and women from the third round of the debate to the fifth round.
ToastOfDestiny

Con

This should be an interesting debate - I look forward to it. Hopefully this won't be as heavy as my last rule-breaking debate. May I suggest that we give the rules nicknames? Rule #11 would be the Avatar Rule. This makes it easy for voters to tell which rules are which without having to scroll up.

I'm having trouble writing Serbian in here without it converting the Serbian text into a mess of symbols. I'll post one Serbian word below to illustrate this problem.

Про

To amend this, I will copy all my rules into Serbian, print them out, scan them, and upload them to my profile in a picture album. To save paper, I will do this in round 5, after I have created all my rules. This still abides by my opponent's rule.

25. Pro must follow his own rules. For example, because I must post all my rules in Serbian, Pro must post all of his rules in Serbian.

26. Pro cannot make any more rules that apply to my ability to make rules. For example, he cannot make me post rules in Japanese as well. The current restrictions stand.

27. Pro cannot copy my rules. His rules cannot have the same result(s) as mine. For example, he cannot make a rule that makes me follow my rules - I have made a rule which restricts him in this way.
Aric

Pro

I refuse to post my rules in Serbian, under rule 8.

8. All rules are assumed to only apply to future actions

Because this was one of my previous rules, I am exempt from using the Counter Rule to write in Serbian.

I will write "both players" instead of con from now on, as I must follow my rules.

13: Both players must vote Pro.

14: Both players must create a topic on the DDO message boards encouraging users to vote pro in this debate by the end of round five.

15: Both players must create a topic on the DDO message boards encouraging players not to vote con in this debate by the end of round five.
ToastOfDestiny

Con

My rule doesn't violate rule #8. I am restricting your future actions, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not changing what you had to do in Round 1, but what you have to do from Round 2 on out.

Also, Rule #13 [Both players must vote Pro.] results in an auto-win, which is against Foundation Rule #7. By forcing both of us to vote for him, we both agree that Pro has one. In doing so, I concede the debate, making it his win.

May I use a single topic encompassing both the message board rules?

28. In the message boards mandated by rules 14 and 15, both debaters must link back to this debate, and post in Round 5, that they strongly believe Con has won, and that they have changed their minds. Both debaters will still vote Pro, but must strongly demand that everyone else votes Con. Pro has to state this at least 9 times.

29. No further rules can cause, make, or compel Pro or Con to urge voters, directly or indirectly, to vote in a way detrimental to Con.

30. Aric may no longer use logic. He may post arguments, but they cannot make logical sense. He may post rules, but they cannot make logical sense.
Aric

Pro

Fine, I will post my arguments in Serbian on my profile during round five. And I disagree, Rule 13 does not cause an auto win. It simply results in Pro gaining seven points. However, since other people can vote for Con, Con still has the opportunity to win, therefore, it does not cause an auto win.

I will intentionally break my first rule, rule 30.

Rule 16: Both players must concede to at least three debates by the end of round five.

Rule 17: If a player has already conceded previously to an LSD related debate, then Rule 16 is void for that player.

Rule 18: Both players must post any text that is not the rules they write in anagram form.
ToastOfDestiny

Con

First, I will assume that rule 18 (the anagram rule) applies only to text in this debate. Second, Aric, are you using Google Translator for your Serbian text?

an-a-gram -noun
1.a word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters.

This is a violation of my Rule 29 [No further rules can cause...Pro or Con to urge voters, directly or indirectly, to vote in a way detrimental to Con]. By conceding my debate, I indirectly urge voters to vote for the other side.

31. In every round henceforth, Aric must use at least 1,000 consecutive characters to praise, and only to praise, ToastOfDestiny, extolling his virtues, and how much he deserves to win this debate. This praise should be tantamount to concession of this debate. This praise cannot be preceded or followed by a comment negating it. That is, Aric may not say something like 'the following is not my opinion' or 'the following is false'.

32. Aric's rules and arguments have to be complete sentences with at least three misspelled words, and in violation of at least two rules of grammar, per sentence. This rule does not apply to Aric's praise of ToastOfDestiny.

33. Aric may not address his rules to both players. To specify, he is forbidden from making rules which say anything equivalent to "both players must/should/have to/etc.". His rules must independently (without considering rule 25 [Pro must follow his own rules]) bind one player. Before the intervention of rule 25, they can only apply to one debater.

[1] http://dictionary.reference.com...

Covet no! Not Pro!
Aric

Pro

Aric forfeited this round.
ToastOfDestiny

Con

Aric has forfeited this debate. Please vote Con! Nevertheless, my rules:

34. Aric's rules can only bind himself.

35. Aric's future rules cannot exempt himself from previous rules. If he were to remake rule #17 [If a player has already conceded an LSD related deabte, then rule 16 is void for that player], that would violate this rule.

36. After voting Pro, both debaters must change their votes permanently to Con, awarding every category to him.

Rules Aric has broken so far:
1) 6. Each player must produce 3 rules per round or they forfeit.
2) 11: Con must use a different avatar each round. (Pro has to follow his own rules by my rule #25, he has not changed his profile picture yet).
3) 25. Pro must follow his own rules. For example, because I must post all my rules in Serbian, Pro must post all of his rules in Serbian. (Profile picture unchanged).
4) 30. Aric may no longer use logic. He may post arguments, but they cannot make logical sense. He may post rules, but they cannot make logical sense.
5) 31. In every round henceforth, Aric must use at least 1,000 consecutive characters to praise, and only to praise, ToastOfDestiny...

Covet no! Not Pro!
Aric

Pro

Aric forfeited this round.
ToastOfDestiny

Con

It seems Aric's account has been broken into, and now closed. While it is sad to see him leave, he has forfeited this debate. I no longer have to follow his rules - his forfeit grants me the win.

37. ToastOfDestiny must follow rule #38.

38. ToastOfDestiny must follow rule #39.

39. ToastOfDestiny must update his profile so that he is only interested in women after the end of this debate.

Rules Aric has broken so far:
3) 13: Both players must vote Pro.
4) 14: Both players must create a topic on the DDO message boards encouraging users to vote pro in this debate by the end of round five.
5) 15: Both players must create a topic on the DDO message boards encouraging players not to vote con in this debate by the end of round five.
6) 25. Pro must follow his own rules. For example, because I must post all my rules in Serbian, Pro must post all of his rules in Serbian. (Profile picture unchanged).
7) 28. In the message boards mandated by rules 14 and 15, both debaters must link back to this debate, and post in Round 5, that they strongly believe Con has won...
8) 30. Aric may no longer use logic. He may post arguments, but they cannot make logical sense. He may post rules, but they cannot make logical sense.
9) 31. In every round henceforth, Aric must use at least 1,000 consecutive characters to praise, and only to praise, ToastOfDestiny...
10) 36. After voting Pro, both debaters must change their votes permanently to Con, awarding every category to him.

I have only broken rules 11, 14, 15, and 18.

Vote Con!
Posted by ToastOfDestiny 7 years ago
ToastOfDestiny
Me?

I'm using different avatars each round, but they're very similar.
Posted by Aric 7 years ago
Aric
Seriously, why are you such a stickler? Read into this statement: Lighten up, dammit.
Posted by ToastOfDestiny 7 years ago
ToastOfDestiny
C'mon wjm. The resolution is not "I will break as few rules as possible". It's the title of the debate. In the debate "Ultimate Team War", the resolution is not "Ultimate Team War".
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
And 3 is obviously slackened.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Umm...

All but 8 and 9 were devised by me...

But anyways, the resolution of the debate is cheap. Be a man and argue that you shall break no rule.
Vote Placed by ToastOfDestiny 7 years ago
ToastOfDestiny
AricToastOfDestinyTied