velazquezj2
kyro90

I will lose this debate

kyro90

velazquezj2

Pro

I will definitely lose this debate.

For starters, I have to complete a 3,000 character debate for a class that I must take and pass to graduate. I have only sat down in this class, which is an introduction to a philosophy course, once. That was just enough time to review the syllabus and look at the assignments for the rest of the semester including three five-round debates. This will be the first one that I get out of the way if someone accepts this challenge, if you can even call this a challenge. Furthermore, there is nothing I am passionate about enough to argue about, therefore I have no reason to win this debate. I have have no debate experience and I do not know any of the necessary terms to place in the argument box. Here are some of the concepts that I am completely unsure about:
1. Do I put definitions here?
2. What is this first round acceptance?
3. Why, when I signed up for this site, did it feel more like a dating website than a
debate site?

Here are some definitions I think are relevant to my argument:

lose : to fail to win, gain, or obtain ; : to undergo defeat in (1)

debate: a regulated discussion of a proposition between two matched sides (2)

I am interested in learning your viewpoint about this nothingness and your answers to the three questions listed above (and any other rules, tips and tricks that a beginning debater should know and follow) of a debate and assist me complete this task.

(1) "lose." Merriam-Webster.com. 2011. http://www.merriam-webster.com... (21 January 2012).
(2) "debate." Merriam-Webster.com. 2011. http://www.merriam-webster.com... (21 January 2012).
kyro90

Con

I take it that my opponent wants me to debate that I will lose. If so, then I accept this debate and await its winner/loser.
velazquezj2

Pro

Welcome challenger, or Con-artist, or whatever the opponent is called in debates.

There are some tips that this website gives you to make a better debate in the lower right corner of this argument box.

Some tips include reviewing grammar, spelling and punctuation, creating an arguable and clear topic, and having a strategy (1).

I, the person who wrote that I will lose the debate, has no idea how to make her point clear for the thoughts floating around in my head are forever uncertain. By the way I asked this debate and the way you answered it I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be arguing that I'm going to win or lose. Nevertheless, I am more interested in the lyrics to a Britney Spears song than the contents of my argument. I would post them if they weren't completely suggestive and inappropriate for this debate.

I, being a woman with a short attention span, had no strategy coming into this debate; however, I do believe that there is no strategy for winning/losing. By the way, the song just switched to Naturally by Selena Gomez. This may seem completely irrelevant, but let us take a closer look at the lyrics of this song.

"You follow what you feel inside
It's intuitive, you don't have to try
It comes naturally
It comes naturally" (2)

You do not have to strategize to win or lose a debate, sometimes words just flow to your mind naturally and one moment can change the outcome of a debate.

As for my grammar, punctuation and spelling, I do not proofread much and there is no way to count how many unnecessar,y comma,s th,ere a,re in, this post.

(1) http://www.debate.org...

(2) http://www.elyrics.net...
kyro90

Con

I see my opponent is a very good debater. Though, never the less, I do also agree that the song drops of jupiter is quite a good song. But my absolute favorite part of that is...... Na. I know that many people have failed to win the "Wikipedia is a good source" Debate but I am sure that if people Truly put their minds to it, then they would definitly win and it can break the lose. Now I also may say that even though all these arguments I will make may be really dumb, but I know for sure that if you really looked inside your heart, you would find out that these arguments definitly make sense.

That is all I have for this round of my argument.
velazquezj2

Pro

Reading articles elsewhere on the article I found that off-topic arguments will also lead to failure and the loss of your debate, all of which I am trying to achieve as per the title of this debate. Let me now refer to some irrelevant facts and realizations I have made while trying to complete this argument.

*Hey, is possible to post pictures to further enhance my argument?

http://weheartit.com...

It looks like cheese, doesn't it? Cheese goes on pizza. I am hungry for some pizza.

(Honestly, I just lied to you, and I thought you were the Con-man of this post.) I actually didn't find that "off-topic arguments will lead to failure", I made it up in my head... but I do believe that my brain is a pretty smart source. It's completely legit, and there are file cabinets up there for everything. And unlike Wikipedia, no one can edit this source.

Welp, it seems like false facts will destroy my credibility (1) and contribute to lose this debate.

(1) http://www.debate.org...
kyro90

Con

Now I do concur that making up information will get you accurate points, but you must not forget the best person to ask. Your friend of course! Now I am not a very bright person. But my friends are GENIOSES! So I would certainly ask them for information if....

1. I didn't have the Internet.

2. I was lost in space and me and my friend knew how to breath.

3. This would be prehistoric times where we never even had computers!

I could list millions of reasons why, but I will just stick with these three.

Now just reading all of my other debates except these, it is said that forfeiting a round will also cost you some points. To my Pro, this information can be quite helpful.
velazquezj2

Pro

Too bad I don't know how to forfeit a round then, huh?

Have no fear, I have another idea. (In an alternate universe that rhymes.)

After careful consideration, I have decided I don't want to dispute that I will lose this debate.. and I actually am on your side now.

Forget about whatever I said previously, because none of it matters, as I am taking the side of Con (1).

(1) http://modeledbehavior.com...
kyro90

Con

Now then, because this is the 4th round I shall make this short....

No way Pro, youve done a good job, if anyone here is watching and voting (I would too!) Then we all would vote for you! I think instead of picking my side you should pick this guy named Pro's side! He's really good!
velazquezj2

Pro

Well, I will wrap this up fairly quickly because it is the 5th round.

I'd like like to thank my opponent for a nice debate.

Through this debate I learned tips and tricks to use for my future debates. Maybe the next one will actually be a little more clear.

I must say, however, that I am female.. so you're last two sentences don't apply to me.. so I'll turn it back around and say vote for this guy named Con's side! He's really good!

Have a good one
kyro90

Con

.... Well, this is awkward.... *_* Well see what I meant was.... Never mind....

Anyway, I will not just post my conclusion since this is the last round.

It is proven that you can loose a debate in many different ways. For example, you can loose from maybe... Forfeiting all of your arguments? It is also now know that both of us. Male OR Female, are very flattery. Lastly, I was very entertained and hope to see my opponent debating more in the future.
Posted by kyro90 2 years ago
kyro90
How are you certain? ?_?
Posted by OpinionatedMan 2 years ago
OpinionatedMan
The pro will win no matter who debates better.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 2 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Just remember, whoever has the worst arguments will get the most votes, lol.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 2 years ago
PeacefulChaos
I understand now. Thanks =)
Posted by velazquezj2 2 years ago
velazquezj2
Since you're interested.. I have to do 3 debates between 3,000 and 8,000 characters.. (I know you don't have to fill up the entire space). But that's about all I know about the rules here.. so I'd figure I'd do a starter debate hoping to learn some rules as an introduction to the site and such.. all of which I am doing.

The debate can be about anything, by the way.. The professor mentioned that someone did a debate about how they will win the debate, so I figured if that was okay so was the opposite side of that.

I think the whole point of this is not learning how to win a debate.. but rather learning critical thinking skills necessary in the real world and such.

^_^
Posted by PeacefulChaos 2 years ago
PeacefulChaos
So you have to do a debate for a class in order to graduate? I don't think this would be the best debate to do if you wanted to graduate from a class.

Also, you don't have to use up the whole character limit here on debate.org (unless your class told you that you must use up 3,000 characters or more).

I'm still pretty confuzzled, but I guess I kind of understand.
Posted by velazquezj2 2 years ago
velazquezj2
Thank you for your input, PeacefulChaos.

This is my first debate, and if it wasn't for my assignment, I probably wouldn't even be typing this right now. I think I did admit somewhere in there that I confused myself in the process of trying to use up my 3,000 character count.. if I didn't, well then, I definitely thought it.

I'm not even completely sure if I'm supposed to be.. losing in order to win.. or win by losing.. or lose in real life..

I just know I have a round or two left to go. ^_^
Posted by PeacefulChaos 2 years ago
PeacefulChaos
This doesn't even make sense, lol.
Vote Placed by Buckethead31594 2 years ago
Buckethead31594
velazquezj2kyro90Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This is a paradox; there is no possible way to discern the winner.
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 2 years ago
PeacefulChaos
velazquezj2kyro90Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded to Con, losing her the debate.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 2 years ago
vmpire321
velazquezj2kyro90Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Lmao. This is self-defeating. By voting for pro, i am voting against her. By voting Con, I am voting against him. I cannot vote.
Research this debate: Ken Cuccinelli