Rinexe
rogue

I will not contradict myself.

rogue

Rinexe

Pro

Resolution: I, Rinexe, will not contradict myself
Rules:
1. In Rounds 1-3, CON will ask PRO will ask questions which can be answered with a yes or no.
2.When Pro answers with a Yes or a No, he should give an explanation for his answer.
3. Pro doesn't have to answer with a yes or no but if he does not answer with a yes or a no, he must give us his reasons for this decision.
4. Con may ask only ten questions per round.
5. In round 4, Con will try to show us where Pro made a Contradiction.
6. In round 5 Pro will defend Cons accusations. Then Con will summarize this debate. He may not make new arguments or present any contradictions in this round.

::Important::
Con can only use the information from this debate. So, if I say that I like color blue but in my profile or another debate or the comment section of any debate (this one included), I said otherwise, my opponent will not be allowed to use that information against me. So, only what I say in this debate counts and can be used against me.
rogue

Con

I thank Pro for this debate and I hope my plan works.

Will you answer "no" to any questions asked in this debate?

Will you answer "yes" to any questions asked in this debate?

Will you answer "maybe" to any questions asked in this debate?
Rinexe

Pro

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Now, to explain every single one of these answers, I will define the word "any."
any(a): one or some or every or all without specification. I answered yes, in the use of some. I will answer any questions with a no, yes, or maybe. Any questions that deserve a no will be answered with a no, and so forth.

Sorry for the late response, it looks like internet came back just in time.
rogue

Con

Will "yes" be an answer to a question asked in this debate?

Will "no" be an answer to a question asked in this debate?

Will "maybe" be an answer to a question asked in this debate?
Rinexe

Pro

Maybe to all of the above.
rogue

Con

No further questions.
Rinexe

Pro

I believe you are in fact supposed to continue to ask questions, as stated in the rules.
CON WILL ask PRO will ask questions which can be answered with a yes or no.
So, as I await where I contradicted myself, I will first show that my opponent has in fact gone against a rule.

To elaborate on this, I put WILL in all caps. It is not MAY, it is WILL ask questions.
rogue

Con

In the first round Pro stated "3. Pro doesn't have to answer with a yes or no but if he does not answer with a yes or a no, he MUST give us his reasons for this decision.". In the last round Pro answered with "maybe to all questions above" and did not explain why. This is in violation of the rules and so contradicted himself.

Even though I did break the rules, it does not matter because Con is not the one that is trying not to contradict myself or be proven that Can broke the rules. I am sorry that I broke the rules, I forgot that I had to ask questions each round. But, I didn't ask questions because I knew already the Pro had broken the rules and contradicted himself and so there was no need. Vote Con.
Rinexe

Pro

I will start by asking, "When you violate the rules, are you contradicting yourself, or being a hypocrite?"
The answer is simple. I as being a hypocrite. It was not contradicting myself as I never stated that I would not break the rules.

hypocritical - Characterized by hypocrisy or being a hypocrite
contradictory - of words or propositions so related that both cannot be true and both cannot be false

The simple matter is that according to Con, I only contradicted myself through one point, and that was by breaking a rule. I did in fact point out that she broke a rule, and I was being hypocritical. Contradicting myself? No.

So, obviously, it has been shown that I have in fact not contradicted myself, and Con has failed to make me do so. Vote pro.
rogue

Con

contradiction: "direct opposition between things compared; inconsistency, a contradictory act, fact, etc."
source: http://dictionary.reference.com...

Pro breaking a rule that HE stated is a contradiction because it is inconsistent with something he previously stated. Pro stating that Pro MUST explain his answer if it is not a yes or no, and then not doing so is in direct opposition of his previous statement, and therefore a contradiction. Pro contradicted himself. Vote Con.
Posted by ReformedArsenal 5 years ago
ReformedArsenal
Well, in round one he says he will answer no to a question in the debate... and in round two he answers maybe to all... and then answers no more questions... so he didn't answer no to any questions and therefore contradicted his answer in the first round.
Posted by rogue 5 years ago
rogue
actually it does say must. read the debate again.
Posted by travelinman 5 years ago
travelinman
haha actually no you did say "he must give us his reasons for this decision." so you are wrong you did contradict yourself and lost the debate.
Posted by Rinexe 5 years ago
Rinexe
I actually never stated that I broke a rule, in fact, I stated that you did. I also realize now that I did not, as it says I should explain why, not MUST. However, thank you for the "game," Rogue.
Posted by rogue 5 years ago
rogue
strike: even Pro admits he broke a rule. Did you read the debate? The rules clearly say he must say why he said maybe. Your vote is crap.
Posted by Thaddeus 5 years ago
Thaddeus
I can't believe Pro didn't =D
Posted by Charr 5 years ago
Charr
I see where this is going.

B)
Vote Placed by darkkermit 5 years ago
darkkermit
RinexerogueTied
Reasons for voting decision: Rinexe lost by breaking the rules in round 3.
Vote Placed by Nails 5 years ago
Nails
RinexerogueTied
Reasons for voting decision: Failing to provide an RfD for "maybe" contradicts Pro's R1 claim that he "must give us his reasons for this decision." While PRO successfully proves that he is also a hypocrite, he provides no compelling reason to think that he has not contradicted himself beyond his own assertion.
Vote Placed by ReformedArsenal 5 years ago
ReformedArsenal
RinexerogueTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro contradicted.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
RinexerogueTied
Reasons for voting decision: "This is in violation of the rules and so contradicted himself." - RFD
Vote Placed by gavin.ogden 5 years ago
gavin.ogden
RinexerogueTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well done Con. You did not even require the 10 questions to outsmart your opponent. There was no rule broken by con, but somehow she was convinced she had. Be that as it may, Rinexe clearly contradicted himself, losing the argument vote, and had no sources while Rogue did. As far as conduct is concerned Rinexe tried to take advantage of semantics, but succeeded only in accusations, untruths.
Vote Placed by XStrikeX 5 years ago
XStrikeX
RinexerogueTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never seemed to contradict himself. Con stated that Pro did not follow the rules, but I don't see where that occurred. He didn't have to give an explanation for maybe, as his own rules state. As a result, arguments go to Pro. Con broke a rule, clearly, and loses conduct.