FieryPassion
Grape

I will not contradict myself.

FieryPassion

FieryPassion

Pro

Contradiction: http://en.wikipedia.org......

Rules:
1. In Rounds 1-3, CON will ask PRO ten Yes/No questions per round.
2. In Rounds 2-4, PRO will answer all of CON's questions with Yes, No, or an explanation as to why neither answer would be completely correct.
3. In Rounds 2-4, CON can point out any contradictions that he or she believes to be present in PRO's answers, citing all questions and answers involved in the contradiction. No new contradictions may be pointed out in Round 5.
4. When CON points out a contradiction, PRO may use all of the following rounds to defend the accused contradiction until either CON drops the accusation or PRO admits defeat, or when the debate is over.
5. If PRO is never found to have contradicted himself in this debate, PRO wins.
6. If PRO is ever found to have contradicted himself in this debate, PRO loses.
7. Because sources are largely irrelevant, and can really only be used by CON most of the time, the two points associated with sources will be given to the victor of the debate. However, it is still important that debaters back up their arguments with sources when appropriate.
8. A contradiction may only be pointed out if both parts of the contradiction are brought up in this debate.
9. For any questions involved in a contradiction, PRO may define any words in the question or the answer using the online Merriam-Webster dictionary at his own discretion, unless the words were already defined by CON when the question was asked.
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
10. If PRO ever fails to abide by any rule, PRO automatically loses.
11. If CON ever fails to abide by any rule, CON automatically loses.

The best of luck, and a thank you in advance to whomever accepts.
Grape

Con

1. Suppose that for a function f(x), y = 1 if and only if x is irrational and y = 0 if and only if x is rational. The area under the f(x) is between x = 0 and x = 1 is called Z. W is equal to the number marking the second rule that contains a word with a "-bunt" ending when correctly translated from English into Latin. For the rule in Round 1 numbered by the integer closest to (e + W)^(Z), is the truth value of the consequent of the conditional false?

2. Will refrigerators still come in cardboard boxes in the year 3,000?

3. Is the truth-value of the statement "If 2 + 2 = 5, then today is Wednesday" true?

4. Suppose that F may be done if and only if F can possibly be done. Z is the number of even number rules of the debate that are not verifiably true in the current evidential state. Is Z equal to 4?

5. Is the answer to this question different than the answer to question #9?

6. Does God exist?

7. Suppose that for a natural deduction system Q, "[(A --> B) --> (~A v B)]" is a theorem. Does Q contain an independent inference rule of double negation elimination?

8. In the popular stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, does the character Sherlock Holmes have a number of kidneys n such that for all x, y, and z, "[x^(n) + y^(n) = z^(n)]" is false?

9. Is the answer to this question the same as the answer to question #5?

10. Suppose that p is the proposition that rules must express norms and q is the proposition that rules must express facts. Suppose that "~(p <--> q)" is true. Is p true?

FieryPassion

Pro

Yes.

No.

No.

No.

Yes.

6. Does God exist?
Yes.

No.

No.

No.

10. Suppose that p is the proposition that rules must express norms and q is the proposition that rules must express facts. Suppose that "~(p q)" is true. Is p true?
No.
Grape

Con

Sorry for the delay. I don't think there are any explicit contradictions yet.
FieryPassion

Pro

I would like to point out that my opponent failed to abide by rule 1, which required him to post another set of ten questions during the past round. Thus, rule 11 applies and I automatically win this debate.
Grape

Con

Grape forfeited this round.
FieryPassion

Pro

I extend my previous argument.
Grape

Con

Grape forfeited this round.
Grape

Con

I forgot about this debate. My mistake. Sorry for ruining the debate. I hereby forfeit.
Posted by Grape 4 years ago
Grape
Alternately I suppose you could just give that as an explanation for your lack of a yes/no answer, but if you do then the corrected version will likely find it's way into Round 3 :)
Posted by Grape 4 years ago
Grape
I just noticed a serious error: the "-bunt" in question 1 should be replaced by a "-bit." The "-bunt" ending doesn't seem to appear anywhere so you won't be able to get a value for W. It was late and my grammar was apparently unsound...
Posted by FieryPassion 4 years ago
FieryPassion
Grape - I couldn't understand it anyways ;)
Posted by Grape 4 years ago
Grape
Hmm... there are some small typos that might make my mathematicalese difficult to understand. Feel free to ask for clarification.
Posted by esisCOA 4 years ago
esisCOA
you created a loop hole in rule number two that will give him the easy win, doubt any one will debate this one.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 4 years ago
vmpire321
FieryPassionGrapeTied