iTzDanneh
esisCOA

I will not contradict myself

iTzDanneh

iTzDanneh

Pro

Rules:
1. In Rounds 1-3, CON will ask PRO ten Yes/No questions per round.
2. In Rounds 2-4, PRO will answer all of CON's questions with Yes, No, or an explanation as to why neither answer would be completely correct.
3. In Rounds 2-4, CON can point out any contradictions that he or she believes to be present in PRO's answers, citing all questions and answers involved in the contradiction. No new contradictions may be pointed out in Round 5.
4. When CON points out a contradiction, PRO may use all of the following rounds to defend the accused contradiction until either CON drops the accusation or PRO admits defeat, or when the debate is over.
5. If PRO is never found to have contradicted himself in this debate, PRO wins.
6. If PRO is ever found to have contradicted himself in this debate, PRO loses.
7. Because sources are largely irrelevant, and can really only be used by CON most of the time, the two points associated with sources will be given to the victor of the debate. However, it is still important that debaters back up their arguments with sources when appropriate.
8. A contradiction may only be pointed out if both parts of the contradiction are brought up in this debate.
9. For any questions involved in a contradiction, PRO may define any words in the question or the answer using the online Merriam-Webster dictionary at his own discretion, unless the words were already defined by CON IN THE SAME ROUND the question was asked.
http://www.merriam-webster.com......
10. If PRO ever fails to abide by any rule, PRO automatically loses.
11. If CON ever fails to abide by any rule, CON automatically loses.
esisCOA

Con

1. Will you answer every question in this debate only using the words "Yes" or "No?"

2. Do you have a name?

3. Do you own a car?

4. Are you a man?

5. Can you travel through time?

6. Do you watch TV?

7. Do you watch Movies?

8. Do you like music?

9. Do you have a job?

10. Do you have a life?

NOTE - Question #1 must be answered with a YES or a NO because they are both correct answers.
iTzDanneh

Pro

No
2. Do you have a name?
yes
3. Do you own a car?
yes
4. Are you a man?
yes
5. Can you travel through time?
No
6. Do you watch TV?
yes
7. Do you watch Movies?
yes
8. Do you like music?
yes
9. Do you have a job?
no
10. Do you have a life?
yes
esisCOA

Con

1. Are you alive?

2. Is there blood inside your body?

3. Can you jump?

4. Can you crouch?

5. Do you play video games?

6. Is today tomorrow?

7. Do you think you are going to win this debate?

8. Do you think you will lose this debate?

9. Have you ever won a debate on this site?

10. Have you ever lost a debate on this site?
iTzDanneh

Pro

1. Are you alive?
Yes
2. Is there blood inside your body?
Yes
3. Can you jump?
Yes
4. Can you crouch?
Yes
5. Do you play video games?
Yes
6. Is today tomorrow?
No
Yes
No
I have not officially won but the opponent forfeited so the vote time is what is keeping me from a win on the record.
No, I have tied though due to no votes.
esisCOA

Con

Please re-answer question #9, as it must be answered with a YES or a NO, because one of those is correct. ( The correct answer is NO because you have not won the debate yet, until you are declared the winner at the end of the voting period, you have not won.)

Also question #10's answer can only be NO. The rules you stated said that you will answer all my questions with a YES, a NO, or a explanation if neither YES or NO was completely correct, and being that NO is the correct answer, the explanation you provided is breaking the rules.

So either A. you change your last two answers (to questions 9 and 10) to "NO" or B. you forfeit/lose the debate due to breaking the rules. You must make the above stated changes this round or you lose.
iTzDanneh

Pro

Okay I see your little trick ;) I will re answer the questions. I cannot lose for this since CON has offered the alternative.

No
No

However,

"1. In Rounds 1-3, CON will ask PRO ten Yes/No questions per round."
"11. If CON ever fails to abide by any rule, CON automatically loses."

You did not ask me 10 questions in round 3, therefore you lose. Not asking them would destroy the purpose of 30 questions being asked. If you were to ask them this round we would not have adequite time to respond to contradictions.
esisCOA

Con

No my friend, YOU LOSE. Re-read the last sentence of my round 3 argument.

THIS ROUND (round 3) not NEXT ROUND (round 4). You did not make the necessary changes in round 3 that would have validated my alternative offer, therefore YOU LOSE the debate due to breaking the rules.

Since you have lost the debate - On a side note, I would like to point out that when you answered the questions correctly you did contradict yourself. (Although I know this doesn't matter because you lost the debate due to rule breaking, I just wanted you to know that you were going to lose this debate from the get go.)

Lastly, I suggest you not refute that you have lost because I have another trick up my sleeve that will put this debate to rest for good, with you as the loser.

Thanks for this debate, any time you would like to hand me another super easy win, feel free to contact me. =D
iTzDanneh

Pro

It seems we are at an impasse.

1. In Rounds 1-3, CON will ask PRO ten Yes/No questions per round. This rule Was violated by you.

2. In Rounds 2-4, PRO will answer all of CON's questions with Yes, No, or an explanation as to why neither answer would be completely correct. This Was violated by myself.

Let me provide you with rules 10-11

10. If PRO EVER fails to abide by any rule, PRO automatically loses.
11. If CON EVER fails to abide by any rule, CON automatically loses.

The rules state ever, not that the rules are not inplay once a rule has been broken.

However, You offered me an alternative when you told me to change my answer. Many answer are reanswered in these types of debates. http://www.debate.org...

Whether you said this round or not is irrelevant seeing as that would be impossible.

And Just to cover all my bases.

Because you have not specifically pointed out the contradiction none can be said now.

The voters can decide whether the rules cancel out and Your lack to find a contradiction gives me the win, or we both are at fault causing a tie.

We either tie or Pro wins. There is no room for you to win. So Feel free to contact me for another debate =D
esisCOA

Con

Actually (again lol) NO. You need to read your own rules.

You violated the rules FIRST in round 3, and according to YOUR rules, that means YOU AUTOMATICALLY LOST RIGHT THEN AND THERE, further meaning that anything said in any debate round, by any debater, after that can have NO IMPACT on the debate as you have already LOST. And since you lost right then and there everything and anything that was said after your round 3 means virtually nothing and cannot be included or voted on as the debate is already over.

VOTERS - As the rules state PRO lost the debate in the first part of round 3, therefore you MUST only vote for CON, any votes that go to PRO will be considered VOTE BOMBING AND YOU WILL BE SUSPENDED AND/OR BANNED for those actions.
Posted by mongeese 4 years ago
mongeese
There was nothing in the rules against giving unnecessary explanation. Unnecessary, remember, does not mean not allowed. It's optional.
Posted by esisCOA 4 years ago
esisCOA
but answering a non contradicting question with a yes or a no requires no explanation because the answer is correct, so you don't need to explain it.

example

1. are you alive? Yes (since this answer is correct you can not explain why it is correct)
Posted by esisCOA 4 years ago
esisCOA
ill give you and example - this is what he can explain

1. will the answer to the next question be yes? neither yes or no would be completely correct because i would contradict myself

2. will the answer to the last question be no? neither yes or no would be completely correct because i would contradict myself
Posted by esisCOA 4 years ago
esisCOA
and he specifically says in round 4 "30 questions" so if you do the math I am correct.
Posted by esisCOA 4 years ago
esisCOA
i posted my questions in rounds 1 and 2 and did not need to post them in round three (1-3 one thru three) because I already won the debate. he had to answer them in rounds two three and four (2-4 tw thru four) and this is the format we followed untill round three when I won
Posted by esisCOA 4 years ago
esisCOA
he had a right to use no but not with a explanation along with it.
Posted by esisCOA 4 years ago
esisCOA
2-4 means 2 thru 4 the rule did not specify that it meant only rounds 2 and 4
Posted by MasterKage 4 years ago
MasterKage
OR AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY NEITHER OPTION WOULD BE COMPLETELY CORRECT.

So he had the right to use no.
Posted by MasterKage 4 years ago
MasterKage
Please re-answer question #9, as it MUST BE ANSWERED WITH A YES or a NO, because one of those is correct. ( The correct answer is NO because you have not won the debate yet, until you are declared the winner at the end of the voting period, you have not won.)

Rule 2 was In Rounds 2-4, PRO will answer all of CON's questions with Yes, No, OR AN EXPLANATION as to why neither answer would be completely correct.

Pro wins.
Posted by esisCOA 4 years ago
esisCOA

this means he had to answer with a yes or a no or a explanation why neither answer would be correct. he answered with a no AND a explanation, therefore BREAKING THE RULES AS THAT WAS NOT A OPTION
Vote Placed by phantom 4 years ago
phantom
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: Bad conduct and con was incorrect about the rule breaking I was not convinced that pro broke the rule and con certainly did break one.
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: I find it amusing that pro broke his own rules. One, con did not threaten, and two, he did not threaten becuase he was right. Pro broke several of his own rules. Vote Con!
Vote Placed by wierdman 4 years ago
wierdman
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: I gave conduct to Con because he/she retained a formal position where as Pro seemed a bit aggressive. on gets argument because Pro lost the round during the second round round in which he was asked "Will you answer every question in this debate only using the words "Yes" or "No?" he answered no, but latter went on in answering every question with a yes or a no. Under the rules set up by Pro, he should because he failed to abide by his rule of no contradiction.
Vote Placed by mongoose 4 years ago
mongoose
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe Pro's explanations were enough.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: based on the rules she wins in all technicalities.
Vote Placed by mongeese 4 years ago
mongeese
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: As the writer of the rules, I believe that Pro actually didn't break Rule 2, but Pro didn't argue this, instead pointing out that Con gave him a way out, which he took and is valid by precedent, so Con loses by Rule 1 and Rule 11. Conduct - esisCOA, don't you ever tell me that voting for your opponent will be vote-bombing when there's a reason to believe your opponent won.
Vote Placed by ConservativePolitico 4 years ago
ConservativePolitico
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro since Con was a bit over the top... but Con did technically win the debate based on the rules.
Vote Placed by Hardcore.Pwnography 4 years ago
Hardcore.Pwnography
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was rude. Guess I'm votebombing.
Vote Placed by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: ...conduct for Pro because Con threatened me.......
Vote Placed by MasterKage 4 years ago
MasterKage
iTzDannehesisCOATied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro. Con was very rude, and threatened the voters. *Sigh*