AshleysTrueLove
yuiru

I will not contradict myself

yuiru

AshleysTrueLove

Pro

RULES:
1. You may only ask political or moral questions.
2.You may not ask paradox question or question that can be presumed to have no answer.
3.They must be able to be answered simply yes or no but Pro may decide to answer more complexly.
4.If I contradict my position, then I lose, if I don't you lose rather simple.
5.Post first questions in round one or automatic forfeit.
6.Its short argumentation time to keep us on our toes :)
7.Up to ten questions per round(less is allowed)
yuiru

Con

Hello AshleyTrueLove

Before I ask my questions I need some clarification:

May I ask questions in regard to philosophical, religious, or other types of questions that are not paradox question or question that can be presumed to have no answer?

First Questions:

Is it moral to take your shirt of in public?

Is it morally permissible to kill an unborn (human) baby?

Is it morally permissible to kill a plant or animal?

Is you were stuck in a limozeen and had only a leg and an arm would you scarifice your life for a little child who needed your help?

Is it morally permissible to kill an insect?

Is it morally permissible to kill a human being that is trying to kill you?

Is it moral to have one's cake and eat it too?

AshleysTrueLove

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate:
Philosophical yes. No paradox questions whatsoever and no religious questions. Philosophical moral and political are permissible. NO OTHERS SUCH AS(BUT NOT LIMITED TO) RELIGIOUS OR MATHMATICAL. When I wrote moral I thought philosophical was implied.

First Questions:

Yes, I believe so.
No.
Yes.
If possible. Yes as long as was able too.
As all insects are part of the kingdom animalia refer to question 3.
yuiru

Con

"When I wrote moral I thought philosophical was implied."
Actually philosophical questions would be questions in regard to the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence.
Moral questions are not necessarily pertaining to philosophy. So it was not implied as they are different kinds of questions.

"Philosophical moral and political are permissible."

Wait... but, you said I may only ask political or moral questions! but then you said I may ask philosophical questions which would exceed the given limit.

If you are allowing questions that exceed the already determined limits of conduct then you are contradicting that limit set up by yourself.

One cannot say of something that it is and that it is not in the same respect and at the same time.

Anyhow...

Second Questions:

May I attack random strangers at night?

Is it moral to kill a human?

Would it be morally acceptable to kill an unborn (android with the capacity of sentience) baby?

May I sleep on my back?

Is it moral to kill people who do not agree with your standards?

Is it morally permissible to pee in the shower?

Would it have been morally permissible to kill Hitler before he was born, knowing that he was going to give rise to the massacre of many?

Is it morally permissible to kill single celled organisms or other celluar/microscopic organisms?

Is it morally permissible to kill pets (dogs, cats, fish, hamsters)?

May I ask 11 question in round 3 since you did not answer my previous last 2?

AshleysTrueLove

Pro

It is not a contradiction:
A mistake isn't contradiction, when I assumed the implication of moral questions as and unto philosophical questions. I merely made a false assumption and corrected my false assumption and this does not necessitate contradiction.
It was also not a contradiction if you view it as an amendment to the rules. What would be a contradiction would be to say something like you cannot ask moral questions, contradicting existing rules. However amending the rules to allow greater freedom in question asking ESPECIALLY in the form of clarification should be appreciated not questioned with suspicion.
0.Is it moral to have one's cake and eat it too?
Definition is required as I don't understand the implications of the question.
1.May I attack random strangers at night?
No
2.Is it moral to kill a human?
If you are being attacked intentionally.
3.Would it be morally acceptable to kill an unborn (android with the capacity of sentience) baby?
Believe the question is invalid(see the Chinese Room thought experiment)
4.May I sleep on my back?
Depends on the reason of doing so.
5.Is it moral to kill people who do not agree with your standards?
No.
6.Is it morally permissible to pee in the shower?
If it accomplished something virtuous.
7.Would it have been morally permissible to kill Hitler before he was born, knowing that he was going to give rise to the massacre of many?
NO.
8.Is it morally permissible to kill single celled organisms or other cellular/microscopic organisms?
Does the single celled organism have the capacity for self-awareness?
9.Is it morally permissible to kill pets (dogs, cats, fish, hamsters)?
If it accomplishs something virtuous.
10.May I ask 11 question in round 3 since you did not answer my previous last 2?
No because I answered it as promised in the comments.
yuiru

Con

Contradiction:
direct opposition between things compared; inconsistency.

"A mistake isn't contradiction"

So if you made the mistake of making a contradiction, it would not be a contradiction any more according to you.

"It was also not a contradiction if you view it as an amendment to the rules."
But you didn't answer my question as a amendment of rules:
"May I ask questions in regard to philosophical, religious, or other types of questions that are notparadox question or question that can be presumed to have no answer?"

You said, "You may only ask political or moral questions."

So the answer should be NO. If you were amending the rules you would be modifying the rules meaning you would restate the rule 1, but you did not do that. You actually didn't even indicate that you have changed rule 1, meaning rule 1 still applied in its original form.

"What would be a contradiction would be to say something like you cannot ask moral questions, contradicting existing rules."
A contradiction is a statement that is inconsistent with another.
If you said I can only ask a moral or political question then that is the limit, anything that exceeds that limit is a contradiction of rule 1. Philosophy successfully exceeds that limit.

"10.May I ask 11 question in round 3 since you did not answer my previous last 2?
No because I answered it as promised in the comments."

You are contradicting yourself, you did not answer my last question, you just refused to and said, "Definition is required as I don't understand the implications of the question."

That is a clear contradiction of what you actually did and said!

Another thing is you said you would answer my last question you never said my last TWO questions.
Now you are saying you answered my last 2 questions as you had promised in the comments.
You did not answer the last 2 questions, nor did you promise to.

A lot of this seems inconsistent...

Answers:

"2.Is it moral to kill a human?
If you are being attacked intentionally."
So the answer is otherwise no.

"Believe the question is invalid"
Okay, non-answer.

"4.May I sleep on my back?
Depends on the reason of doing so."
It is to relieve back pain.

"6.Is it morally permissible to pee in the shower?
If it accomplished something virtuous."
It accomplishes emptying the bladder and does not involve anything virtuous and is often seen as gross so the answer here is it is not.

"8.Is it morally permissible to kill single celled organisms or other cellular/microscopic organisms?
Does the single celled organism have the capacity for self-awareness?"
These organisms do not have the capacity to have a brain functioning at such a level, non-answer.

"9.Is it morally permissible to kill pets (dogs, cats, fish, hamsters)?
If it accomplishes something virtuous."
It doesn't... therefore the answer is it is not morally permissible.

So you are making a contradiction here, earlier you gave a clear cut definite YES to the question meaning you think it IS morally permissible to kill animals...
An animal is any member of the kingdom Animalia.
Pets are a member of the kingdom Animalia!
Therefore you are contradicting a previous statement of yours.

This is about the third time now...

Anyhow, some more questions.

Questions Third:

Is it morally permissible to emit gas from one's anus in public?

Is it moral to kill someone who has been (for example) killing, drugging, sexing and illegaling, and continually doing other considerably bad abnormal things you, or anyone would strongly disapprove of?

Is it morally acceptable to go to the moon in the search for scientific breakthroughs?

If I am in my house at night and then out of the blue I am struck by the incident where someone I don't know threatens my life in my own home, may I kill them?

If I am outside and its raining and some random guy decides to give me his umbrella is it moral to accuse them of being a robot and throw two rip tomatoes that are seasoned with basil and fresh parsley at them?

Is it moral to kill a pony that just got washed?

AshleysTrueLove

Pro

Conceded.
Congradulations Con.
yuiru

Con

yuiru forfeited this round.
Posted by Juggler37 4 years ago
Juggler37
"Is it morally permissible to emit gas from one's anus in public?"
Depends on what gas it is.
Posted by AshleysTrueLove 4 years ago
AshleysTrueLove
I apologize I forgot to answer last question I will do so next round.
Vote Placed by famer 4 years ago
famer
AshleysTrueLoveyuiruTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded but CON FF'ed last round. So 3-1 CON's way.