Skilton
ashtronomy

I will not debate

ashtronomy

Skilton

Pro

First Round - Acceptance
ashtronomy

Con

Oooh yeah, I will accept your argument, Ash, thank you.

I find it funny, that we're beginning a debate...on how you won't debate.
Skilton

Pro

I have nothing to debate, for I don't feel strongly about just one side. I am open to suggestion
ashtronomy

Con

Firstly, I would like you to elaborate on what you mean by "being open to suggestion." Secondly, even though you say you have nothing to debate for, we are still doing one this instant. Just because you say you "will not debate" doesn't mean that it will not occur. I'm still disagreeing with your initial statement, and you choosing to rebuttal me, will show that you are debating.
Skilton

Pro

Are you trying to make this into a debate? I am interested in what you have to say and would like to know more.. I am simply typing on my keyboard while chatting with my friends and surfing the web.. I like your pic btw
ashtronomy

Con

Why, thank you. I was dressed up as an assassin for a faire...I know, it's nerdy haha.

Anyway, yes, I am trying to make this into a debate, and I am succeeding; we are involved in a debate right now. Considering that you were the one to propose this argument, and then send it my way, shows that you are interested in having a debate.

Everything else you are including in your debate ("chatting with friends, surfing the web") are simply qualifiers, meant to throw me off.
Skilton

Pro

Ohhh wow, an assassin.. huh.. interesting.. care to elaborate on what an assassin fair is? I think it sounds really cool! And.. I like nerds! There's nothing wrong with that; talk about a qualifier!

I am not interested in having a debate and am simply enjoying a nice conversation with a beautiful young lady with interesting interests... I like your profile name too! It is catchy and creative..

And.. how can I be throwing you off I am not debating?
ashtronomy

Con

You laid your use of FRILLS on pretty think in your last post. The questions about my assassin costume, and the comments about my user name, have nothing to do with your argument title.

You are clearly interested in continuing this debate because you keep responding back in each round. If you wanted to "enjoy a nice conversation" with me, why wouldn't you just say it from across the table (where you are currently sitting)?

Your motivation for this argument is not to prove that you will not debate, but to do the required material for philosophy 123.
Skilton

Pro

I am simply trying to have a nice conversation with you and I am sincerely interested in learning about this assassin fair. It is making me wonder why you are not answering my questions and giving me reason to believe that you don't know the answer and maybe you just made it up.. Are you a pathological liar? Why do you insist that this is a debate? It is interesting to me that you are telling me that this is a debate when you open up your last round stating that I made a post? Since when is a post a debate?

I was told to do a debate for my philosophy class and I said I will not. I don't even know how to debate, for I was never taught how to. You are in my class, you know this.. It's a critical thinking class and I think you are doing a great job of thinking critically, too critically.. over thinker :)..

Do you really think that our "commenter" is hating? because I think he is sincere and genuine in his interests.. Do you remember how to check for sincerity in a testimony?
ashtronomy

Con

Again, your entire opening consists mainly of frills. If you want to talk about my costume role playing, we can easily discuss it in person, or through a blog that is related to it. DDO is meant for debates, which you have sent to me IN A POST. A post is just a term to describe your online statement. I would also like to point out that our posts will be judged at the end - another componet to debates!

Hmm, more frills! Also, the first sentence in the second paragraph indicates you're on a particular side of an argument. When you defend your side to an opponent, a debate is taking place. A debate will still exist despite someone being uninterested in it. So, you're in a debate not by choice...sorry!

Your last paragraph is unnecessary to mention; they're all independent points.

When th
Posted by RedneckR0nin 4 years ago
RedneckR0nin
Most epic debate/ not debate ever
Posted by ashtronomy 4 years ago
ashtronomy
Ahhhhhh shiiiiit...disregard that last word and a half from my last post lol. ASHLEY IS KEEPING ME UP TILL TWO AM DOING THIS DEBATE!
Posted by KennyV13 4 years ago
KennyV13
Everything you wrote "vampire321" is irrelevant

It's two girls debating!
Posted by vmpire321 4 years ago
vmpire321
Lol.

If Pro won, then that would mean that he lost.

Winning = convincing me that he won a debate = he debated = he lost.

This can only result in con winning or a tie =/
Posted by KennyV13 4 years ago
KennyV13
This Debate Rocks, maybe an actual brawl could help make me decide who is the winner here?
Posted by ashtronomy 4 years ago
ashtronomy
Hahahaha don't hate, it's a joke,
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Wow. For some reason, this is actually interesting to me. Making a debate where your objective is not to debate. This is actually interesting.
Vote Placed by renji_abarai 4 years ago
renji_abarai
SkiltonashtronomyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Proved that it was a debate even though there was no defintion.
Vote Placed by jwesbruce 4 years ago
jwesbruce
SkiltonashtronomyTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think everyone knows what a debate is, larz: Don't get too caught up in debate-world or anything. Ash was right, Skilt debated.
Vote Placed by KennyV13 4 years ago
KennyV13
SkiltonashtronomyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Tie! Tough choice though, Skilton makes great food, and ashtronomy has a cool name. Although ashtronomy kept demanding for food, ate it all, and never shared. Hmmm...
Vote Placed by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
SkiltonashtronomyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Walks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a duck, quacks like a duck....yeah it was probably a debate. Also, what Larz said. No one defined what a debate was xD
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
SkiltonashtronomyTied
Reasons for voting decision: It smells like a debate, it looks like a debate, it reads like a debate, so im guessing this was a debate
Vote Placed by larztheloser 4 years ago
larztheloser
SkiltonashtronomyTied
Reasons for voting decision: NOBODY DEFINED WHAT A DEBATE IS. Sorry for that little outburst. Since I couldn't understand what everyone was talking about because nobody explained it, pro failed to meet his BOP. Neg win.