Tulbakra
Merrit

I will not win this debate

Merrit

Tulbakra

Pro

I will not win this debate. First round is acceptance, then I will make my argument.
Merrit

Con

Accepted.

I wish myself luck, as I believe am going to lose.
Tulbakra

Pro

If I win, then I was wrong, so I lose. If I lose, I was right, so I win.
Merrit

Con

By the way, why so blunt with the resolution? How do you know you are going to lose? I don't think you're definatly going to lose. I think you might lose, I think I might lose. The debate could go either way. I disagree with your resolution. My resolution is that I might win, I might lose, you might win, I might lose. But how do you determine the winner? Ahhh, a tricky one! If only I could ask the Doctor...
Tulbakra

Pro

Tulbakra forfeited this round.
Merrit

Con

I extend my arguments.
Tulbakra

Pro

I am blunt with my resolution because of deductive reasoning.
Merrit

Con

Well the resolution is flawed. The voters are unable to vote for me or you since there is no real debate. Neither one of us has provided evidence that shows you will either win or lose. However, I do have some evidence.

If I show that Pro has in fact won, then the voters will vote for me because Pro was wrong. How am I going to show that Pro has "won?" I will do the following: when I post my last round, I will vote for you. On your profile, it will show that you have in fact won the debate.

The voters will then see that you were wrong, and vote Con.
Tulbakra

Pro

Of course their is no debate, this is preposterous. I have said I cannot win or lose, because of the logic of a paradox.
Impossible. Let's watch how this goes. This can only be a tie, because the third voter most vote for me by your logic. And Then I will vote for you if you do that.
Merrit

Con

Pro claims it must be a tie. However, this is not the case.

The resolution reads: "I will not win this debate."

Right after I finish this debate, I will vote for pro. On his profile, it will show this debate as "won."

SOURCE:
Debates: 3
Lost: 1
Tied: 0
Won: 2
Win Ratio: 66.67%
Percentile: 88.85%
Elo Ranking: 1,935
Because it will show that Pro "won" the debate, the resolution would be negated. Therefore the rest of the voters must vote for me, as the resolution was negated.

Pro claims that he will vote for me when I do this. However, this will not work for two reasons.

1) I will post my argument when Pro is not on.

2) Even if he did, the resolution would have already been negated, and it would have been too late.

Pro also claims that the third voter must vote for me when I do this. Once again, this is not the case. After the next voter votes for me, it will show that I am winning. However, this does not matter, as the resolution has already been negated. Therefore, the voters still must vote for me, as the resolution has already been negated.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
I do agree that this type of question is a paradox, however in DDO voting our rules are pretty clear. Agreeing with someone, isn't the same as voting on them having the better arguments.
Posted by Merrit 3 years ago
Merrit
Lol, they must of changed the rules. I can't vote for myself now.
Posted by Tulbakra 3 years ago
Tulbakra
I apologize for not providing my argument. I was on vacation. I am sure that no one can win this debate no matter what, even with help from the doctor. Even he can't bend the laws of logic, which are the laws of reality.
Posted by Merrit 3 years ago
Merrit
I understand the logic of a paradox. I have a certain strategy.
Posted by Leumash 3 years ago
Leumash
The topic of this debate is essentially a paradox.

Pro in the first round stated a paradox which is an invalid argument.

Con doesn't appear to understand the logic of a paradox.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
TulbakraMerritTied
Reasons for voting decision: CONDUCT: missed round. ARGUMENT: I wholly agree with pro, both before and after this debate. He lost, and was proven right by doing so.
Vote Placed by Nataliella 3 years ago
Nataliella
TulbakraMerritTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments: Oh, man. What a paradox. If I vote Pro, they'll win the debate by points, and they said they'd lose, so technically they'll lose by statement, making Con win by statement but not by points. Vice-versa for Con. Wow. That's a tie. Conduct: Pro forfeited one round, giving conduct to Con. Grammar: Tied. Sources: Con, because Con used one.