9spaceking
AlexanderOc

I won't break a rule!

AlexanderOc

9spaceking

Pro

I've wanted to do this for a long time.
0. By accepting this debate, my opponent agrees to all the rules already posted.

1. Rules created hold power over all rules posted later, and no later rule can contradict an earlier rule.

2. Both players should still have the ability to post rules in their turn.

3. A violation of a rule that is not null and void will result in the rule-breaker losing this debate. If both players break a rule, the player that breaks a rule first loses.

4. With the exception of the Instigator's first round, a player may only do something besides make rules to discuss whether one has broken a rule, or whether a rule is null, unless a future rule requires otherwise.

5. Not counting these foundation rules, each player can only create 3 rules per turn.

6. Each player must produce 3 rules per round or they forfeit.

7. Rules cannot result in an auto-win. Breaking a rule cannot result in the victory of the rule-breaker. Each player should have an opportunity to not break each rule, and an opportunity to discuss rule-breakage. Rules may not require players to do anything within specific time periods, nor may they require players to do anything outside of this debate.

8. A voter must default all categories to the victor of the debate.

9. All rules are assumed to only apply to future actions and rules.

10. Each player must document his or her rules using the numbers 11-25 for PRO and 26-40 for CON.

*End foundation rules*
11. CON cannot use the word "rule" in any of his or her rounds
12. CON must have at least one source referring to Wikipedia.org in each of his or her rounds
13. CON has to mention God at least 5 times in every single round.
AlexanderOc

Con

26. PRO cannot use more than 6 English words excluding the numbers 11-25 and periods in round 2
27. PRO must only type in English for the rest of his rounds
28. PRO cannot type "God! God! God! God! God!" in round 2

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
9spaceking

Pro

14. CON has to have a flashlight for rule 26 to take effect
15. CON must have to punch through a force field with power measure 10,000 to get the flashlight
16. We will assume CON starts out with a power measure of 100
AlexanderOc

Con

29. PRO Cannot use more than 17 English words excluding the numbers 11-25 and periods in round 3
30. PRO must obey all foundation rules
31. PRO must type "God is the best God of any God. Boy, I'm glad my God is the only God" in round 3

http://en.m.wiktionary.org...

*Contradiction*

15. CON must have to punch through a forcefield with a power measure of 10,000 to get the flashlight.

Contradicts

7. RULE cannot result in an auto-win. Breaking a RULE cannot result in the victory of the RULE-breaker. Each player should have an opportunity to not break each RULE, and an opportunity to discuss RULE-breakage. RULES may not require players to do anything outside of this debate.

*Double Contradiction*

14. CON has to have a flashlight for RULE 26 to take effect

Contradicts

1. RULE created hold power over all RULE posted later, and no later RULE can contradict an earlier RULE.

26 will take effect before 14.

*RULES Violated*

*Grounds For Loss*

3. A violation of a RULE that is not null and void will result in the RULE-breaker losing this debate. If both players break a RULE, the player that breaks a RULE first loses.

9spaceking

Pro

God is the best God of any God. Boy, I'm glad my God is the only God--FSM

Contradiction?
No--it is not real life, you have to do it inside the debate, it's a virtual break-through using virtual weapons, you can do so by assuming with rules that you have a power multiplier or something

Doublt contradiction?
My later rule does not contradict, only limits it down to working if you have a flashlight. Your rule holds power but not if you have a flashlight. Even if your rule holds power without a flashlight, rule number 17 makes your rules worthless, since you're speaking in base 10,000.

Thus I have not broken any rules.

NEW RULES
17. We will assume that all of CON's numbers, not counting rule numbers, are in base 10,000 (see http://www.purplemath.com... base system information), unless he is virtually standing on his head in this debate
This means I have 17,000 words availible each round, or at least 6,000 words if my opponent virtually obtains this "flashlight"
18. CON cannot mimic my rules, I.E., make them apply to me as well (with the excpetion of fundamental rules)
19. CON must quote a different Barack Obama quote each round (with sources)

RULES BROKEN BY OPPONENT
My opponent has broken rule number 11. He mentioned "rules" in rule 30. Thus I win because Alexander has broken a rule before I have broken a rule--not that I have broken any rules.
AlexanderOc

Con

32. PRO cannot use the word "Con" or any variation of the word in any future round
33. PRO may use no more than (six) words in round 4
34. CON's RULES resolve before PRO's

Once upon a time, there was a God. He loved everyone. One time, God said "I love you Barack Obama!". Obama turned around and shouted
"I love you back!" God was intensely happy that he did. So God decided to go home and read the bible. It was about God.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

*Accusations*

Number 11 does not ban the use of "rules" with an 's' nor capital letters. Number 30 has is not contradictory.

*Contradiction*

"Doublt contradiction?"

Contradicts

'Doublt' is not English.

9spaceking

Pro

FINAL. ROUND.
Is rules=rule? Yes, rules is a plural form of rule.
Just as run = ran, dog = dogs, and cat = cats. We'll let the voters decide though.
My opponent failes to realize that the six words things doesn't work, since you're speaking in base 10,000.

Is the new rule contradicting to the old rule?
Contradictory means "asserting the contrary or opposite; contradicting; inconsistent; logically opposite" as said by http://dictionary.reference.com.... However, the flashlight rule does not nessesarily assert the opposite, it merely limits down the rules to make sure it works, but only in one condition. It's like saying "You can go to your cousin's house, but you have to do your homework first". Doing your homework is not necessarily the opposite of going to the cousin's house; it is a requirement for going to your cousin's house. Even if my opponent proved that my new rule is contradictory, my base 10,000 system makes it impossible for his rule to take effect, since I used far less than 6,000 words in any round.
Your accusation is wrong, I have never said such a word.

20. My opponent may make no further rules regarding round 4
21. My opponent has to say "I concede" somewhere in the final round
22. If my opponent commits any logical fallacy in the final round that is spotted by the voters, he will forfeit all 7 points to me

FINAL WORDS
This debate was fun. It worked out quite well because if my opponent breaks a rule, he loses the debate, and if I don't break any rules, he loses the resolution. I attacked him quite well, and counter-attacked with my brave 10,000-base-system that made his word-limit rules useless, and he was too occupied trying to spot any errors within my argument or if I had broken any rules.
Since I haven't broke any rules, I WIN. VOTE PRO.
AlexanderOc

Con

35. CON stating "I concede" will not count as a concession
36. CON must state that this debate was very fun
37. CON must apologize to PRO.

I concede

This debate was very fun.

I'm sorry for the upcoming arguments PRO.

God would look down on this debate and say, as God, " I declare the winner of this debate AlexanderOc". However that would be irrelevant because he won anyway. God's input was not needed, but God felt the need to say it anyway. Just so he, as God, could feel powerful.

"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on." ~ Obama

http://www.brainyquote.com...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

*RULES Violated*

33
. PRO may use no more than (six) words in round 4

4. With the exception of the Instigator's first round, a player may only do something besides make RULES to discuss whether one has broken a RULE, or whether a RULE is null, Unless a future rule requires otherwise.

*Reasons For Violation*

33 was meant as an attempt to circumvent the base 10,000 rule by not using a number, but a word. 'Six' is not a number, just as 'dog' is not a dog. The word represents a number. Since PRO only stated that any numbers I say are in base 10,000 the word still represents a six. So Pro still had to comply with number 33.

27. PRO didn't even refute this. He used the word 'Doublt' in round 3. It's very simple to check. 'Doublt' is not in any reputable dictionary nor used in English as an actual word. Therefore, it is not English but instead gibberish. That alone would be enough to convict Pro, but there's more.

4. In Pro's last round he put together a section titles "FINAL WORDS". The majority of the text here does not comply to number 4 and is therefore breaking the rule. Example: "I attacked him quite well" "I WIN. VOTE PRO"

*Accusations*

Regardless of whether rules is the plural form of that word, it doesn't matter. Pro banned the use of the word in singular form. This is further supported by him putting it in quotations. Also, a plural does not equal a singular. There is a major difference between saying there is a nuclear bomb and there are multiple nuclear bomb(s).

Furthermore, it wouldn't matter. Pro said 'Doublt' way before I ever said rules. So his rule-breakage would count first.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
lolz
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
Voters are breaking Rule 8. Shame on them.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
I feel like a lawyer.
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
This looks like a lot of fun!
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
Trolls like to have fun too.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
wow...it's alex the troll
Vote Placed by J03ybatts 2 years ago
J03ybatts
9spacekingAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: hahaha 9space u lost badly
Vote Placed by rings48 2 years ago
rings48
9spacekingAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Didn't break Rule 8 :) Yeah Con got Pro on several rules. This debate was one of the funniest I have seen though XD
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
9spacekingAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: 9spaceking used a non-English word and used more than 6 words.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
9spacekingAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro violated several rules.
Vote Placed by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
9spacekingAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made some coerced rules, "I concede" for example Con was much more original and has not violated any cool rules.
Vote Placed by Bennett91 2 years ago
Bennett91
9spacekingAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think Pro lost when he placed non-sensical "virtual" barriers on Con. A virtual flash light? Virtually standing on his head? These were just bad attempts at trying to make Con waste rules, it didn't add to the enjoyment of the debate.
Vote Placed by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
9spacekingAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Doublt" was the winner. This was not addressed by Pro.
Vote Placed by Codedlogic 2 years ago
Codedlogic
9spacekingAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Great debate! I found both Con and Pro rebutted each others accusations of rules being broken quite well. Giving source points to Con.