Oryus
airmax1227

I would be more harmed than you if we broke up.

airmax1227

Oryus

Pro

Resolution: I would be more harmed than you if we broke up

Both parties share burden of proof. We can only use quoted song lyrics to make our case (sentence fragments are ok but complete sentences are better) and must cite the song and artist for each lyric. We can't use a lyric from a song already used.

Opening arguments:
If things should ever turn out wrong and all the love we have is gone, it won't be easy on that day. [1] Do you remember when we met? Thats the day I knew you were my pet. I want to tell you how much I love you. [2] My heart was wrapped in clover the night I looked at you. And I found a dream that I could speak to- a dream to call my own. I found a thrill to press my cheek to- a thrill that I have never known. You smile and the spell was cast and here we are in heaven. [3] You're my world, my heart, my soul. If you ever leave, baby you would take away everything good in my life. Without you there'd be no sun in my sky. There would be no love in my life. There'd be no world left for me. How do I live without you? If you ever go how do I ever, ever survive? Please tell me baby, how do I go on? [4] Nothing compares to you. [5] Losin' you would end my life you see cause you mean that much to me. [6] This is my heart bleeding before you- this is me down on my knees. [7] All of my love to you. [8]

I'm so in love with you. Whatever you want to do is all right with me cause you make me feel so brand new. And I want to spend my life with you. Let"s stay together. [9] I love you about as deep as any love can grow. No one in the world has ever done what you do for me and I"d be sad and lonely if there were no you. How do I love you? Well count the ways. There ain"t a number high enough to end this phrase, baby completely wrapped up in you. [10] If you take your love away from me I"ll go crazy. I"ll go insane. My love runs deep within the ocean and sea but if you sail away you"ll take a center piece of me. [11] I need your love. Godspeed your love to me! [12]

When the night has come and the land is dark and the moon is the only light we'll see, I won"t be afraid just as long as you stand by me. [13] Lost is how I'm feeling lying in your arms. When the world outside's too much to take, that all ends when I'm with you. [14] And I will never find another lover more precious than you. You are the only one- my everything. [15] How do you do it?- make me feel like I do. How do you do it? It"s better than I ever knew. [16] I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world. [17]

[1] Pixies- Winterlong
[2] Cat Power- Sea of Love
[3] Etta James- At Last
[4] Leann Rimes- How Can I Live?
[5] Prince- Nothing Compares 2 U
[6] Marvin Gaye- I Heard it Through the Grapevine
[7] Jewel- Foolish Games
[8] Led Zeppelin- All of My Love to You
[9] Al Green- Let"s Stay Together
[10] Garth Brooks- Wrapped Up In You
[11] Blackstreet- Don"t Leave Me
[12] Righteous Brothers- Unchained Melody
[13] Ben E. King- Stand By Me
[14] Celine Dion- The Power of Love
[15] KC and Jojo- All My Life
[16] Incubus- Stellar
[17] Elton John- Your Song
airmax1227

Con

Have I told you lately that I love you? Have I told you that there is nothing else above you? You fill me heart with gladness. Take away all my sadness. Ease my troubles. That's what you do. [1] I can't live, if living is without you. [2] Look into my eyes, and you will see, what you mean to me. Search your heart. Search your soul. And when you find me there, you'll search no more. Don't tell me, it's not worth trying for. You can't tell me it's not worth dying for. You know it's true. Everything I do, I do it for you. [3] Don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight. [4] You are the closest to Heaven that I'll ever be. [5] My first. My last. My everything, and the answer to all my dreams. You're my sun. My moon. My guiding star, my kind of wonderful, that's what you are. [6]

Longer than there've been fishes in the ocean. Higher than any bird ever flew. Longer than there've been stars up in the heaven. I've been in love with you. Stronger than any mountain cathedral. Truer than any tree ever grew. Deeper than any forest primeval. I am in love with you. [7] If you leave me now, you will take away the biggest part of me. [8] You're the only one that I rely on, a shoulder for me to cry on. And the hours alone that I'm without you, all I ever do is think about you. [9] All I ever wanted. All I ever wanted. All I ever wanted was you. [10]

If you leave me, if you leave me, I would die. [11] Because you're everywhere to me, and when I close my eyes it's you I see. You're everything I know that makes me believe, I'm not alone. [12] If a man could be two places at one time, I'd be with you, tomorrow and today, beside you all the way. If the world should stop revolving, spinning slowly down to die, I'd spend the end with you. And when the world was through, then one by one, the stars would all go out. Then you and I would simply fly away. [13]

I meant every word I said. When I said that I loved you, I meant that I'd love you forever. And I'm gona keep on loving you. Cause it's the only thing I wana do. I don't wana sleep. I just wana keep on loving you. [14] I want to stand with you on a mountain, I want to bathe with you in the sea, I want to lay like this forever, until the sky falls down on me. [15] Something happens and I'm head over heels, don't take my heart, don't break my heart. [16]

I need you here with me. The days are long and the nights are cold without you here with me and you're the only one I want to hold. [17] I think about you every single lonely day. Cause I need you here. Need you here with me. [18] Cause I know I can't go on without you. I can't go on, I just can't make it. [19] The air that I breathe the sun so I see, you're everything to me. [20] Now all I think about is you, in my life, in my dreams. In my heart I know it's true, that I belong with you. Because of you in my world, in my arms, I have everything, and now I can't imagine what I'd do without you. [21]

[1] Rod Stewart - Have I told You Lately
[2] Without you - Mariah Carey
[3] Bryan Adams - Everything I do, I do it for you
[4] Karmin - Brokenhearted
[5] Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
[6] Barry White - You're the First, My Last, My Everything
[7] Dan Fogelberg - Longer
[8] Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
[9] Petula Clark - I couldn't live without your love
[10] Train - All I Ever Wanted
[11] McFly - Nowhere Left To Run
[12] Michelle Branch - Everywhere
[13] Bread - If
[14] REO Speedwagon - Keep on Loving You
[15] Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
[16] Tears for fears - Head Over Heels
[17] Arika Kane - Here With Me
[18] Not By Choice - Here With Me
[19] Tammi Terrell - I can't Go On Without You
[20] Monica - Everything To Me
[21] Jim Brickman - You
Oryus

Pro

But I love you more. [1] You don't realize how much I need you. Please remember how I feel about you. I could never really live without you. [2] All the stars may shine bright. All the clouds may be white, but when you smile, oh, how I feel so good that I can hardly wait to hold you. [3] You complete me. [4] XX, XY: That's why it's you and me. I don't know why I feel that way with you- biological. I need your DNA. [5] You better give me something so I don't die. Novocaine for the soul, before I sputter out. [6]

It takes a muscle to fall in love. [7] Baby I'm afraid of a lot of things but I ain't scared of loving you. People will say all kinds of things but that don't mean a damn to me cause all I see is what's in front of me- and that's you. [8] I don't know when I'm gonna die but I hope that I'm gonna die by you. And I don't know much about fighting but I know I will fight for you. [6] It's you. It's all for you- everything I do. I tell you all the time- heaven is a place on earth with you. Tell me all the things you want to do. I heard that you like the bad girls. Honey, is that true? They say that the world was built for two- only worth living if somebody is loving you. [10] And I forgot to tell you: I love you. [11]

I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned. And I have to speculate that god himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay. [12] Ever since that night we've been together- lovers at first sight, in love forever. It turned out so right for strangers in the night. Love was just a glance away, a warm embracing dance away. [13] Never, never gonna give you up. [14] Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again. Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again. However far away, I will always love you. However long I stay, I will always love you. Whatever words I say, I will always love you. [15] You are all I need. I am a moth who just wants to share your light. [16] Stuck on you til the end of time. [17]

Dearest, you're the nearest to my heart. Please don't ever, ever say we'll part. You may be a million miles away- please believe me when you hear me say- I love you. [18] I don't know what anyone can see in anyone else but you. [19] Being without you is like having nothing. [20] And I can't stop thinking about your love. [21] Late at night when all the world is sleeping, I stay up and think of you. And I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too. [22] Are the stars out tonight? I don't know if it's cloudy or bright. I only have eyes for you, dear. [23] Goodnight, my love. Pleasant dreams. Sleep tight, my love. [24]

[1] Brooks & Dunn- I Love You More
[2] The Beatles- I Need You
[3] Portishead- All Mine
[4] Keyshia Cole- You Complete Me
[5] Air- Biological
[6] The Eels- Novocaine for the Soul
[7] M.I.A.- It Takes a Muscle
[8] Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Poor Song
[9] Beyonce- 1+1
[10] Lana Del Rey- Video Games
[11] Sarah McLachlan- I Love You
[12] Iron & Wine- Such Great Heights
[13] Frank Sinatra- Strangers in the Night
[14] Barry White- Never, Never Gonna Give You Up
[15] The Cure- Love Song
[16] Radiohead- All I Need
[17] Failure- Stuck on You
[18] Buddy Holly- Dearest
[19] Moldy Peaches- Anyone Else But You
[20] Chris Brown- Nothing Without You
[21] Maroon 5- Can"t Stop
[22] Selena- Dreaming of You
[23] The Flamingoes- I Only Have Eyes for You
[24] Gloria Estefan- Goodnight My Love
airmax1227

Con

I love you more than life. [1] More than you'll ever know just like the stars in a thousand skies. More than you'll ever know, deeper than the place where the ocean floor lies. You're still number one in my eyes, and to this day I still get butterflies. Know that I love you more than you will ever know. [2] I won't stop now, 'cause I can't stop now. [3]

I wanna wake up where you are. [4]

I want to hold your hand. [5]

I want you to know that, I wanna stay with you forever. [6]

You're the only one who really knew me at all. [7] Cause you are the only one that, gets me, knows me, feels me, has me... [8] Only you, can make this world seem right. Only you can make the darkness bright. [9]

That's why I love you like I do. [10]

You're the one who held me up. Never let me fall. You're the one who saw me through it all. You were my strength when I was weak. You were my voice when I couldn't speak. You were my eyes when I couldn't see. You saw the best there was in me. Lifted me up when I couldn't reach. You gave me faith 'coz you believed. [11] You change the world for me. When the darkness never ends and my world crashing in, and it starts to turn again will you believe? When I"m walking over you and my world splits in two. When I just can't make it through will you believe? [12] There is no greater love, than what I feel for you. No sweeter song, no heart so true. There is no greater thrill, than what you bring to me, no sweeter song, than what you sing, sing to me. You"re the sweetest thing, that I've ever known and to think that you are mine, you are mine alone. There is no greater love, in all of the world, It's true. No greater love, than what I feel for you. [13]

Hold me. [14]

Kiss me. [15]

Love me. [16]

Come away with me. [17]

Fly with me. [18]

Together we can make it. [19] Just don't leave me. [20] 'Cause nothing means a thing unless you're here. To live without your love is my only fear. I just want to let you know. I can't make it on my own. [21]

Always and forever each moment with you, is just like a dream to me that somehow came true. [22] I never lived before your love. I never felt before your touch. I never needed anyone to make me feel alive. But then again, I wasn't really living. I never lived, before your love. [23]

If you leave me baby, leave some morphine at my door. [24] If you ever leave me, will you take me with you? If you"re ever lonely, I wanna be lonely too. [25] If you forget me, my darling, you"ll find me by the wayside, where you left me. [26]

Ever since the day you put my heart in motion. Baby, I realize that there's Just no getting over you. [27] You blow my mind. [28] You really blow my mind [29]

You are the woman that I've always dreamed of. I knew it from the start. I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart. It's not so much the things you say to me. It's not the things you do. It's how I feel each time you're close to me. That keeps me close to you. [30] I don't know how you do what you do, I'm so in love with you. [31] I need you more than ever. And if you only hold me tight, we'll be holding on forever. [32]

[1] Marc Terenzi - Love To Be Loved By You
[2] Boyz II Men - More Than You"ll Ever Know
[3] Nas - Hate Me Now
[4] Goo Goo Dolls - I wanna Wake up Where you are
[5] Beatles - Hold your Hand
[6] Caught in the Act - I wanna stay with you forever
[7] Phil Collins - Against All Odds
[8] Emily Osment - You are the only one
[9] Platters - Only You
[10] Joe Ely - That"s why I love you like I do.
[11] Celine Dion - Because You Loved me
[12] Finger Eleven - Change the World
[13] Amy Winehouse - No Greater Love
[14] Dolly Parton - Hold me
[15] Cranberries - Kiss Me
[16] Lil" Wayne - Bitches Love Me
[17] Norah Jones - Come away with me
[18] Jonas Brothers - Fly With Me
[19] Bee Gees - Hold me
[20] Extreme - Don"t leave me
[21] Kansas - Don"t take your love away
[22] Luther Vandross - Always and Forever
[23] Kelly Clarkson - before Your Love
[24] Bruno Mars - It Will Rain
[25] Barbara Streisand - If You Ever Leave Me
[26] Devics - If you forget me
[27] Amy Grant - Baby, Baby
[28] A Heartwell Ending - Memory
[29] LMNT - Juliet
[30] Firefall - You are The Woman
[31] Lonestar - Amazed
[32] Bonnie Tyler - Total Ecipse of the heart
Oryus

Pro

I'm thinking of you. Love follows near us. [1] Honey Pie, I love you. [2] Everyday I love you just a little bit more. [3] Gigantic: a big, big love. [4] You're perfect to me. [5] You leave me laughing without crying. There's no use denying. For many times I've tried... Love has never felt as good. You make it easy to watch the world with love. You make it easy to let the past be done. [6] Fill your heart with love today. Don't play the game of time. Things that happened in the past only happened in your mind. [7]

Love ridden, I've looked at you with the focus I gave to my birthday candles. I've wished on the lidded blue flames under your brow and baby, I wished for you. [8] I'm just so glad you're mine. When darkness gathers round me and friends forsaken me, I know you'll never let me down. [9] Listen, do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell? [10] I can't get enough of your love. [11] I'm addicted and I just can't get enough. [12] I just can't stop loving you. [13] I just can't help feeling the way I feel. [14]

There are things that I've seen in my head while I'm sleeping in bed- they do not wither in the morning light. [15] All I do is dream of you the whole night through. With the dawn I still go on dreaming of you. You're every thought, you're everything. You're every song I ever sing- summer, winter, autumn, and spring. And were there more than twenty-four hours a day, they'd be spent in sweet content just dreaming away. [16] Can't forget your face, go out any place, just the thought of you all day through, I can't eat, I can't sleep. [17] Every face, it's your eyes I can see. [18] You should pay rent in my mind. [19]

So glad that I found you. [20] Sun is dancing my darlin- arms been holding me all morning. Sea is so far from home, my darlin. But if we'd only feet it is here that we'd roam. Oh, if we'd just two feet, it is here that we'd roam and your arms would be keeping me all day cause your love calms my brambles and your hands bring me sweet lavender. [21] Be my heater, be my lover. [22] I've found someone to live for. [23]

Listen to the song here in my heart- a melody I start but can't complete. Listen to the sound from deep within. It's only beginning to find release... [24] What I really want to say, I can't define. [25] It's an elusive thing, this love of which we sing. [26] I hope you like the stars I stole for you- one hundred million twinkle lights in neon blue: [27] a page full of je t'aimes for you. [28]

[1] Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Dudley
[2] Beatles- Wild Honey Pie
[3] Sublime- Saw Red
[4] Pixies- Gigantic
[5] Pink- Perfect
[6] Air- You Make it Easy
[7] David Bowie- Fill Your Heart
[8] Fiona Apple- Love Ridden
[9] Al Green- I'm Glad You're Mine
[10] Beatles- Do You Want to Know A Secret
[11] Bad Company- Can't Get Enough
[12] Black Eyed Peas- Just Can't Get Enough
[13] Michael Jackson- I Just Can't Stop Loving You
[14] Faith Evans- I Just Can't
[15] Alela Diane- Dry Grass and Shadows
[16] Michael Buble- All I Do is Dream of You
[17] Little River Band- Can't Eat, Can't Sleep
[18] Queens of The Stone Age- Lullaby
[19] Fugazi- Do You Like Me
[20] Chris Brown- So Glad
[21] Alela Diane- My Brambles
[22] Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Cold Light
[23] Yann Tiersen & Shannon Wright- Something to Live For
[24] Beyonce- Listen
[25] Sublime- Santeria
[26] Devotchka- Such A Lovely Thing
[27] Pierce the Veil- The Boy Who Could Fly
[28] Dead Man's Bones- Dead Hearts
airmax1227

Con

If only you knew. How much I do, do love you. If only you knew, how much I do, do need you. [1] There's just no rhyme or reason, only this sense of completion. And in your eyes I see the missing pieces I'm searching for. I think I've found my way home. I know that it might sound more than a little bit crazy. But I believe. [2]

I believe that the best thing I can do in this life, is just being close to you. I believe, that beneath the same blue sky, we can look up and together we can smile. [3] I believe I'm not the only one. [4] I believe in you, and I believe our love will last always. [5] Oh, I believe. [6]

You just don't realize, how much I love you. [7] I'm so lost without you. [8]

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing. Watch you smile while you are sleeping, while you're far away and dreaming. I could spend my life in this sweet surrender. I could stay lost in this moment forever. Where every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure. Don't want to close my eyes. I don't want to fall asleep. Cause I'd miss you babe. And I don't want to miss a thing. [9] There's nothing I can do, I only wanna be with you. [10]

Let the stars fade and fall, and I wont care at all, as long as I have you. Every kiss brings a thrill, and I know it will, as long as I have you. Let's think of the future, forget the past. You're not my first love. But you're my last. Take the love that I bring. Then I'll have everything, As long as I have you. As long, as long, as I have you. [11] Someone's got a hold of my heart. You - yeah, you've got a hold of my heart. [12] You touched me and something in me knew, what I could have with you. Now I'm not ready to say goodbye. [13]

Fly me to the moon. Let me sing among those stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. In other words, hold my hand. In other words, baby kiss me. Fill my heart with song. Let me sing for ever more. You are all I long for, all I worship and adore. In other words, please be true. In other words, I love you. [14] Baby I would climb the Andes soley, to count the freckles on your body. Never could imagine there were only, ten million ways to love somebody. [15] You're just too good to be true. [16]

So close no matter how far. Couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trust in who we are and nothing else matters. [17] I love you and so nothing else matters, and the times that I'm lonely I'm still dreaming about you. [18] So I forgot what I gotta do, cause nothing else matters when I'm with you. All the money in the world just wont do, cause your love is priceless girl. And nothing else matters but you.

No, no nothing else matters,
No, no nothing else matters,
No, no nothing else matters,

Nothing else matters but you. [19]

I want to feel you. I need to hear you. You are the light that's leading me, to the place where I find peace again. You are the strength that keeps me walking. You are the hope that keeps me trusting. You are the light to my soul. You are my purpose. You're everything. How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you? Would you tell me how could it be any better than this? [20] Late at night when all the world is sleeping, I'd stay up and think of you. And I'd wish on a star, that somewhere, you are thinking of me too. Cuz I'm dreaming of you tonight, till tomorrow, I'll be holding you tight. And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be. [21] You smile, you smile, oh and then the spell was cast, and here we are in Heaven, for you are mine at last. [22] These are the moments I'll remember all my life. I found all I've waited for. And I could not ask for more. [23]

If loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right. If being right means being without you, I'd rather be wrong than right. [24] Loving you is easy. [25] I got lucky, I found Heaven here on Earth. Oh, I can see it in your eyes when I look at you. I see all my dreams come true. Cause loving you is paradise. [26] Loving you is easier than anything I'll ever do again. [27] I can't stop loving you. [28]

You were meant for me, and I was meant for you... [29]

Never gonna give you up! Never gonna let you down! Never gonna run around and desert you! Never gona make you cry! Never gona say goodbye! Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you! [30]

[1] Patti LaBelle - If Only You Knew
[2] Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You
[3] Emi Fujita - I Believe
[4] Conjure one - I Believe
[5] Joe - I believe In You
[6] Robert Plant - I believe
[7] Eric Clapton - You Were Wonderful Tonight
[8] Air Supply - All Out Of Love
[9] Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
[10] Hootie and the Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With You
[11] Elvis Presley - As Long As I Have You
[12] Bob Dylan - Someone's Got A Hold of My Heart
[13] Chaka Kahn - Through the Fire
[14] Frank Sinatra - Fly Me To The Moon
[15] Shakira - Whenever, Wherever
[16] Frank Valli - Can't Take My Eyes off You
[17] Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
[18] Santa Esmeralda - Nothing Else Matters
[19] Overtone - Nothing Else Matters
[20] Lifehouse - Everything
[21] Selena Perez - Dreaming of You
[22] Etta James - At Last
[23] Edwin McCain - I Could Not Ask For More
[24] Luther Ingram - If Loving You Is Wrong
[25] Sarah Mclachlan - Loving You is Easy.
[26] Firehouse - Loving You Is Paradise
[27] Willie Nelson - Loving you is easier
[28] Keith Urban - I Can't Stop Loving You
[29] Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
[30] Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up ;)
Posted by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
So I was on cloud nine when airmax1227 used Mariah Carey.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
0.0 Whoa.
Posted by makhdoom5 3 years ago
makhdoom5
indeed.
loll
Posted by Oryus 3 years ago
Oryus
lol
Posted by makhdoom5 3 years ago
makhdoom5
i think airmax make your own poetry. if you made your own than its good but if not than make your own.
Posted by makhdoom5 3 years ago
makhdoom5
sorry no offense.
but its true.
we must respect true love.
Posted by makhdoom5 3 years ago
makhdoom5
oh i saw this now.
you said to each other you will live togather and you will die togather.
if you broke up ever. than you are the most idiot peoples on the earth. what kind of love is this. in which you swear to live together forever and some day you get away from each other. and even dont want to see each other face.
i must say its sick physical desires other wise love is with soul. not body. but if you love soul you also love body as body hold the soul. but your love should be to soul. and from soul you can only have souly love not physical one. the soully love is real love. this is the most complicated thing to tell. leave it am imagine it.
Posted by TUF 3 years ago
TUF
CUTE nac
Posted by Archangel35 4 years ago
Archangel35
This was just awesome. I would like to vote, but I don't quite have 3 finished debates just yet. :/
Posted by airmax1227 4 years ago
airmax1227
@KroneckerDelta

Give conduct to Oryus, I actually used a couple songs she already used.

Sorry Ory...
Vote Placed by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
Oryusairmax1227Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was tough :/ I knew more of Oryus' songs and Airmax reused some, so conduct to Pro. While Oryus' choices showed how in love she was (lol) Airmax's choices had me more convinced that he would be more "harmed" if the two broke up. This was epic!!
Vote Placed by qopel 3 years ago
qopel
Oryusairmax1227Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Whatever
Vote Placed by famer 4 years ago
famer
Oryusairmax1227Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Thanks for being honest Oryus (via the forums). Just counter-VBing here.
Vote Placed by Dylip 4 years ago
Dylip
Oryusairmax1227Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I feel Pro made the most sense and best arguments in this debate.
Vote Placed by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
Oryusairmax1227Tied
Reasons for voting decision: First of all, wow. I really hope to see more debates in this format because it is so fun, creative, and clever. On to the judging. Conduct to Pro because of Con's reuse of songs. As for arguments, I judged this in two ways. First was the cohesiveness and flow of the story told. Yes, these are all song lyrics, but they're meant to be presented in such a way that they should come across as a conversation. In this respect, I found Pro's lyric selection and, perhaps more importantly, placement to be more natural. Con selected excellent lyrics (there's been much talk of the rickroll, which I found hilarious, but previous selections like Celion Dion and Goo Goo Dolls provided excellent lyric choices). Still, Pro had fewer instances of lyrics seeming out of place. My second criterion was song choice and variety. This wasn't as close. Pro chose just amazing artists known for their lyrics: Lana, Portishad, Etta James, Yeah x3, and the best song of the best singer of all time, Fiona Apple.
Vote Placed by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
Oryusairmax1227Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con broke the "no reusing songs" rule.
Vote Placed by Buddamoose 4 years ago
Buddamoose
Oryusairmax1227Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The last round sealed the deal, and for lack of a better way of saying it, "rickrolled" Oryus if you will. "I want to feel you. I need to hear you. You are the light that's leading me, to the place where I find peace again. You are the strength that keeps me walking. You are the hope that keeps me trusting. You are the light to my soul. You are my purpose. You're everything." And so on for that entire paraphraph. Had tears coming to my eyes. Absolutely beautiful, words cannot express, cannot come close, to describing the raw emotion that crashed down upon me when reading that. Emotion that took me, shoved me down on my bed, and made sweet passionate love to me. Then kicked me out, broke my soul, ripped it to shreds, until I was a battered and beaten shell. Then slowly and miraculously pieced it back together, until i was complete once more, and soaring through the spacious skies of passion and raw, unfettered, glorious love. Bravo
Vote Placed by Chicken 4 years ago
Chicken
Oryusairmax1227Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was beautiful. I can't... I just can't
Vote Placed by royalpaladin 4 years ago
royalpaladin
Oryusairmax1227Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm not sure exactly how to explain this, but I just found airmax's lyrics more compelling. He also used Rick Astley, which was a nice touch.