Loveshismom
yomama12

I would beat you in a Pokemon battle.

yomama12
Started: 6/7/2014 Category: Games

Loveshismom

Pro

I would like to debate this.

Rules:

1. The battle must be described as if neither of us knew anything about the other's Pokemon or strategies.

2. No items except those held by Pokemon.

3. Con is allowed to use mega-evolutions if he wishes.

Debate Structure:

R1: Acceptance only
R2: Both Pro and Con describe their Pokemon teams and each give 5 reasons why they would win.
R3-4: Rebuttals
R5: Rebuttals, then conclusions.

I will allow Con to choose whether it is a single, double, or triple battle.
yomama12

Con

i accept.

This shall be a Double Battle.
Loveshismom

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge. Here are my Pokemon:

1. Zekrom

LVL 87

Ability(ies): Teravolt

Moves:

Fly
Psychic
Dragon Breath
Fusion Bolt

2. Seismitoad

LVL 83

Ability(ies): Poison touch, Swift Swim, and Water Absorb

Moves:

Poison Jab
Surf
Brick Break
Rock Tomb

3. Swanna

LVL 93

Ability(ies): Big Pecks, Keen Eye, a and Hydration.

Moves:

Bubble beam
Fly
Dive
Air Slash

4. Volcarona

LVL 76

Ability: Flame Body

Moves:

Flamethrower
Bug Dance
Bug Buzz
Silver Wind

5. Kyurem

LVL 97

Ability: Pressure

Moves:

Outrage
Glaciate
Slash
Icy Wind

6. Simisage

LVL 68

Ability: Gluttony

Moves:

Vine Whip
Leech Seed
Dig
Double kick

Why I would win:

1. I could send out Simisage and Seismitoad together and use Simisage's Leech Seed on one of your Pokemon, but first I would use logic to figure out which Pokemon you would attack Simisage with and attack it with Seismitoad. If I inferred that you would use them both to attack Simisage, then I could simply use Surf to damage them both. It would also damage Simisage, but not badly since he is a Grass-Type. If your water-resistant
Pokemon was still alive, it wouldn't be for long because of Simisage's Leech Seed.

2. My Zekrom's Fusion Bolt has taken out Elite Four Pokemon that were not even Flying or Water types.

3. My Kyurem can take out three Pokemon in a row a lot of times with just one command to use Outrage.

4. My Seismitoad has Poison Jab for dealing with Grass-Type Pokrmon.

5. My Simisage can use Dig to deal with Fire and Electric-Types.
yomama12

Con

Kyogre

ability: Drizzle
item: Wave Incense

-Sheer Cold
-Aqua Ring
-Ice Beam
-Water Spout

Blissey

ability: Natural Cure
item: Silk Scarf

-Softboiled
-Psycic
-Sing
-Round

Kyerum(fused with Reshiram)

ability: TurboBlaze
item: Icycle plate

-Freeze Burn
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Fly

Alakazam
ability: i forgot...
item: Odd Incense

-Psycic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Calm Mind
-Trick Room

Bannete
forgot his ability...
item: Bannetite

-Toxic
-Shadow Sneak
-Will o Wisp
-Shadow Punch

Arceus
ability: MultiPlate(i think that's what it's called)
item: Spooky Plate

-Judgement
-Energy Ball
-Perish Song
-Toxic

5 reasons why I would win...

1.All of my pokemon are level 100.

2.My Kyerum in fused with Reshiram, yours isn't fused with anything.

3.Even if we only have one pokemon left each, I always send out Arceus last, so, the Perish Song... a battle will result in a tie or loss for you.

4. your team is mostly Water and Dragon, so Kyerum and Arceus can easily deal with these

5.Blissey can put an enemy to sleep, or Bannete/Arceus can poison an enemy, even if you effect Blissey with something, Blissey has natural cure. If Blissey and Kyogre were out, Blissey could put the enemy to sleep while Kyogre restores HP with Aqua Ring. Obviously, I would want to put the one that's most effective on Kyogre to sleep, so that would be Simisage or Kyerum. But, if you have both in, I could send out Bannete/Arceus to poison them, and Simisage would take massive damage to it, since Poison is super effective against grass.

I await my opponent's rebuttals.
Loveshismom

Pro

1. "All of my pokemon are level 100"

My Kyurem holds a Quick Claw, so he could probably strike first and use Outrage, which I am certain would kill at least two of your Pokemon in a row.

2. "My Kyurem is fused with Reshiram, yours isn't fused with anything."

Because my Kyurem has Outrage and a Quick Claw, I would not need to fuse it with anything. Being fused with Reshiram also pretty much leaves it falling prey to Swanna's Rock Tomb as it is now a Fire, Ice, and Dragon-Type Pokemon.

3. "...Perish Song... Would result in a tie or loss for you."

Since you always send Arceus out last, you could still win without Perish Song, so it's out of the question. Arceus would also be either your last Pokemon or your better one, so I could possibly eliminate it with Kyurem. Perish song would affect your other Pokemon, so it would probably die, too. Plus, I always have more than one Pokemon at the end of the battle.

4. "Your team is mostly Water and Dragon, so Kyurem and Arceus can easily deal with these."

My Kyurem could eliminate yours by striking first with its Quick Claw, which would foil a key part of your strategy. Now all I have to do is find a scenario in which I can defeat your Arceus.

5.1: "Blissey can put an enemy to sleep,"

My Swanna or Zekrom could dodge it with Fly. If I were lucky, I would have them both out, so I could aim them both at Blissey, having a higher chance of knocking her out and thus possibly foiling yet another part of your strategy. They would also hold Misty Berries just in case they couldn't go first.

5.2: "If Blissey and Kyogre were out, Blissey could put the enemy to sleep while Kyogre restores HP with Aqua Ring. Obviously, I would want to put the one that's most effective on Kyogre to sleep, so that would be Simisage or Kyerum."

You're forgetting about Kyurem's Quick Claw and my other Pokemons' Misty Berries.

5.3: "But, if you have both in, I could send out Bannete/Arceus to poison them, and Simisage would take massive damage to it, since Poison is super effective against grass."

I could also use Seismitoad, who would also hold a Misty Berry, to protect Simisage (Aldo holding a Misty Berry) with Surf, which would do little damage to a Grass Type. Simisage could Also have used Dig first, allowing him to avoid your Poison-Type moves.

Your Turn.
yomama12

Con

"I could send out Simisage and Seismitoad together and use Simisage's Leech Seed on one of your Pokemon, but first I would use logic to figure out which Pokemon you would attack Simisage with and attack it with Seismitoad. If I inferred that you would use them both to attack Simisage, then I could simply use Surf to damage them both. It would also damage Simisage, but not badly since he is a Grass-Type. If your water-resistant
Pokemon was still alive, it wouldn't be for long because of Simisage's Leech Seed."

I could send out Kyerum, and Seismitoad wouls be useless against it, since it is Water/Ground, water does little damage to ice, and ice is super-effective against ground AND Grass, easily beating the both of them with Ice Beam/Freeze Burn.

"My Zekrom's Fusion Bolt has taken out Elite Four Pokemon that were not even Flying or Water types."

That doesn't matter, as my pokemon are all at least 20 levels higher than the Elite 4 pokemon.

"My Kyurem can take out three Pokemon in a row a lot of times with just one command to use Outrage."

If my pokemon do survive it, your Kyerum will become confused, and Quick Claw doesn't always work.

"My Seismitoad has Poison Jab for dealing with Grass-Type Pokemon"

I don't have any Grass pokemon in my party, also, it doesn't always poison the enemy pokemon.

"My Simisage can use Dig to deal with Fire and Electric-Types"

Dig is utterly useless against Ice-Type pokemon, like Kyerum. And Blissey/Kyogre can easily wall this, as they both have naturally high HP.

Back to you.
Loveshismom

Pro

1. "I could send out Kyerum, and Seismitoad would be useless against it, since it is Water/Ground, water does little damage to ice, and ice is super-effective against ground AND Grass, easily beating the both of them with Ice Beam/Freeze Burn."

Perhaps, but just in case you went with that tactic, I would send out my Kyurem and Swanna first, because that way I could use Outrage to eliminate enough Pokemon to force you to send out Kyurem, who, since he is both an Ice-type and a Fire-Type, would fall prey to Swanna's Rock Tomb. You seem to have dropped that point. My Swanna is also LVL 96 and could probably survive as she is resistant to most of them. If it wouldn't kill your other Pokemon, it would come close. Because Kyurem is above LVL 95, his Outrage would certainly eliminate at least 2 of your Pokemon as it goes 3 consecutive times.

2. "That doesn't matter..."

Yes it does. It must be extremely powerful if it can do that. I could almost instantly kill your Kyogre by withdrawing my Swanna if my gut told me you were going to send it out on the next turn and your Kyogre would be doomed. Then, after that, I'd retract Zekrom (Or Kyurem if it was dazed yet) and send out Swanna. Aqua Ring also would not save your Kyogre from all my attacks as it only restores a little health at a time.

3. "If my Pokemon do survive it, your Kyurem will be confused, and Quick Claw doesn't always work."

There are problems with that.

1. I'd only need Quick Claw to work once to get ahead. Also, in a 6-on-6 battle, it would work at least twice.

2. The devil himself would register Outrage as a threat

3. Kyurem does become confused after using it, but Outrage can affect two enemies at the same time (1). That means I could eliminate 2-4 of your Pokemon, considering it goes on for three turns.

4. "I don't have any Grass pokemon in my party, also, it doesn't always poison the enemy pokemon."

Because if Seismitoad's ability, it could still poison one of your Pokemon.

5. "Dig is utterly useless against Ice-Type pokemon, like Kyerum. And Blissey/Kyogre can easily wall this, as they both have naturally high HP."

True, but it could still save Simisage from an attack. I wouldn't need it anyway.

(1): http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...(move)

Your turn.
yomama12

Con

"I could use Outrage to eliminate enough Pokemon to force you to send out Kyurem, who, since he is both an Ice-type and a Fire-Type, would fall prey to Swanna's Rock Tomb."

Since it is part Ice, it would do normal to low damage.

"Aqua Ring also would not save your Kyogre from all my attacks as it only restores a little health at a time."

Actually, yes it would since Kyogre and Blissey come out at the same time usually, so Blissey could use Sing to put the pokemon that would do the most damage to Kyogre to sleep.

"Yes it does. It must be extremely powerful if it can do that"

That is probably because a lvl 87 Zekrom is facing lvl 60 pokemon. Facing a lvl 100, though, it wouldn't do as much. That is 40 levels higher.

"The devil himself would register Outrage as a threat"

I would like to see proof of that, thank you.

"True, but it could still save Simisage from an attack. I wouldn't need it anyway"

Unless I use Fly after you use Dig...

Plus, you forgot to refute my 4th reason in my first argument.

Back to you.
Loveshismom

Pro

"Since it is part Ice, it would do normal to low damage."

Actually according to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...(type), Ice types only have average resistance to Dragon-Type moves. Dragon-types also take a lot of damage from Dragon-type moves. Since it is three types that are weak to Rock-Type moves, it has 6X weakness to them and would certainly die.

"Actually, yes it would since Kyogre and Blissey come out at the same time usually, so Blissey could use Sing to put the pokemon that would do the most damage to Kyogre to sleep."

You forgot about Zekrom's misty berry. Again. I can send out Swanna if Kyurem doesn't wake up in time.

"That is probably because a lvl 87 Zekrom is facing lvl 60 pokemon. Facing a lvl 100, though, it wouldn't do as much. That is 40 levels higher."

How can you be sure a Water-type would be so lucky? Also, Fusion Bolt affects all adjacent Pokemon to the user, so it would be doing double damage along with Kyurem's Outrage, and if I started the battle with both of them out, I could almost certainly kill at least 4, if not all of your Pokemon before I had to retract Kyurem. Both Outrage and Fusion Bolt are very powerful moves that affect both of an enemy's Pokemon, so if my Kyurem's Quick Claw worked, you would be in trouble. Plus, my Zekrom can paralyze your Arceus with Dragon Breath. After that, I can send out Seismitoad with partial confidence and use his Brick Break, which is super effective on Normal-Type Pokemon like Arceus. Even if you used Perish Song, my Seismoitoad's Brick Break and Zekrom's Fusion Bolt could easily kill your Arceus in less than three turns. And one last thing: even a LVL 100 Pokemon would have little health left, if any after my LVL 97 Kyurem's Outrage, which would leave it still vulnerable, even to Zekrom's Fusion Bolt.

And lastly, if my Kyurem's Outrage and Zekrom's Fusion Bolt were effective enough together, You would have to send out Arceus, who would probably take heavy damage from Outrage, then some more from Fusion Bolt. I would then use Dragon Breath to potentially paralyze it. If it wasn't paralyzed, it would still take severe damage overall, so I would not need more than three more turns to kill it.

"I would like to see proof of that, thank you."

My Kyurem is LVL 97. Need you know more?

"Unless I use Fly after you use Dig..."

I could target a Pokemon that did not know fly.

"Plus, you forgot to refute my 4th reason in my first argument
Back to you."

No I did not. The 4th reason in your first argument was that most of my team was water and dragon, so Kyurem and Arceus could deal with that. I've been giving arguments constantly about how I could take out your Kyurem. Now I just need to find a scenario where I can kill Arceus. Wait... I did.

Conclusion:

My dragons are death machines together, you need a scenario where Perish Song succeeds to win, and then still have to worry about Swanna, who knows fly and could survive at least one attack from a badly hurt Arceus.
yomama12

Con

"Actually according to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net......(type), Ice types only have average resistance to Dragon-Type moves. Dragon-types also take a lot of damage from Dragon-type moves. Since it is three types that are weak to Rock-Type moves, it has 6X weakness to them and would certainly die."

Actually, I was talking about Rock Tomb, and I could just use Fly...

" You forgot about Zekrom's misty berry. Again. I can send out Swanna if Kyurem doesn't wake up in time."

I have never heard of a Misty Berry. I would like to see proof of their existence please.

"How can you be sure a Water-type would be so lucky? Also, Fusion Bolt affects all adjacent Pokemon to the user, so it would be doing double damage along with Kyurem's Outrage, and if I started the battle with both of them out, I could almost certainly kill at least 4, if not all of your Pokemon before I had to retract Kyurem. Both Outrage and Fusion Bolt are very powerful moves that affect both of an enemy's Pokemon, so if my Kyurem's Quick Claw worked, you would be in trouble. Plus, my Zekrom can paralyze your Arceus with Dragon Breath. After that, I can send out Seismitoad with partial confidence and use his Brick Break, which is super effective on Normal-Type Pokemon like Arceus. Even if you used Perish Song, my Seismoitoad's Brick Break and Zekrom's Fusion Bolt could easily kill your Arceus in less than three turns. And one last thing: even a LVL 100 Pokemon would have little health left, if any after my LVL 97 Kyurem's Outrage, which would leave it still vulnerable, even to Zekrom's Fusion Bolt."

Do you think I would be idiotic enough to send out Kyogre?

"My Kyurem is LVL 97. Need you know more?"

Just because he's high level doesn't mean the Devil would be afraid of him.

"I could target a Pokemon that did not know fly."

True, but usually, the pokemon that didn't know fly would be one of my wallers.

Conclusion:

You obviously are a strong team, but I have proved that you like to insult religion (the Devil argument), and you obviously like to make stuff up just to try to make your team a threat(Misty Berries). Thank you, and I would strongly reccoment to vote Con on this one.
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
"You like to insult religion,"

The devil argument was a figure of speech.
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
You should find Misty Berries somewhere on this list.
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
I forgo root was my Seismitoad that knew rock tomb not Swanna
Vote Placed by revic 2 years ago
revic
Loveshismomyomama12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe pro made a huge mistake when he suddenly talked about berries as soon as he heard his pokemon would be put to sleep. The rule was a battle described as if nothing is known about each other's pokemons, and I'm quite sure you wouldn't have used those items. Should have defined items too in round 2.