Cowboy0108
Kumquatodor

I would make a better world dictator

Kumquatodor

Cowboy0108

Pro

This is a troll debate. I am bored and I can never find any good debate topics for me to debate. Though it is troll, give your real views(do not accept if your real views involve aliens or unicorns, please)Thus, here it is.
I would make a better world dictator than my future opponent.
Society-People of all races and genders will have equal rights. Impoverished people will be enslaved for a set amount of time and will be freed after said time with a large amount of money to act as a start up capital(the money will be collected by the slave owner). This will help with poverty and resolve labor issues. As you can tell, rights will be given by monetary status. Furthermore, as far as demographic distribution goes, upon taking over the world, I would take people from all the locations and move them by force so that all ethnicities are evenly distributed. The only language that is accepted is English. All people must speak English within two years of my domination. All cultural artifacts, including buildings and such, would be destroyed so that no one can have pride in their previous country in future generations and want to revolt.
Political-I would have naval ports scattered around the world so that I can handle revolts. I would act as king and I would appoint kings to different states throughtout the world. There would be about a thousand states. I, as head king, would control currency, interstate conflicts or agreements, military, taxes, and exploration. The states control everything else, from gay rights to guns. The economy will be market and any king that tries to change this will be impeached by me. Any king that tries to secede or revolt will be executed on national tv.
Religion-national religion will be protestant Christianity. Other religions will be allowed but Christianity would be taught in the schools and used to settle legal matters if religion can apply.
Intelligence-My world puts much emphasis on philosophy and critical thinking. Common sense is the basis of much of my lower level education. Colleges will teach the facts according to the interests of the students.
Technology-My world does not have much techonolgy except in the military. People will have phones, not smart phones, and will have computers which are primarily for research and word processing.
Education-The schools teach primarily common sense, debate, politics, critical thinking, basic math, heavy writing, and research. Colleges will teach whatever interests the students. Upper level grade school education would also offer college classes that colleges would offer to increase interest. One science class of the students choice will be required to finish grade school.

If you have policy questions, ask me, do not assume my policy without my clarification please. I will do the same for you.
Kumquatodor

Con

This looks fun.
________________
I would, as leader of the Earth Union, no longer be refered to as Dylan Lee Paris, but instead be refered to as Egner Gage.
_______________
The countries would, at the peoples' votes, sign a treaty called the Earth Union Treaty. It would establish the Earth Union.

The Earth Union would be composed of regions, each with an aproximate population of 20,000.

The following are the Sections of the Union Constitution:
Individual Rights
Exceptions of Individual Rights.
Laws
Punishment
Exceptions of Laws
Rights of Law
Exception of RoL
Foriegn Policy
Right to Govern
Workers' Rights
Taxes
Definitions

The Rights of the Union
The following are the rights that are universal to everyone residing within the Earth Union. The only exceptions are the ones stated later.

Individual Rights
There shall be universal right to move between regions. Exceptions noted later.
There shall be the right to live alone. Exceptions noted later.
There shall Right to Marriage. Exceptions noted later.
There shall there shall be universal Right to Vote.
There shall be the right to, in public areas, be dressed in anyway you want. Exceptions noted later.
There shall be the right for any consenting adults to engage in sexual intercourse. Exceptions noted later.
There shall be right to gather into any crowd. Exceptions noted later.
There shall be the right to available education.
There shall be the right, among adults, to partake in drugs. Exceptions noted Later.
Exceptions of Individual Rights
One must acquire permission from foreign lands in order to enter foreign lands.
The right to live alone may be ignored in the case of House of Arrest, Inprisonment, and for parents of minors.
Marraige that involves a minor(s) and/or animal(s) is not permitted, nor is marriage with an unconsenting partner(s).
Private property may restrict the right to dress in certain forms.
Sexual intercourse involving minor(s), animal(s), and/or with unconsenting partner(s) is permitted, nor is public sex.
Violent crowds may be arrested, as can crowds on private property.
No child may be present during creation of drugs, nor present during the effects.

Laws
There shall not be murder. Exceptions noted later.
There shall not be theft.Exception noted later.
There shall not be burning of Holy Materials with intent to provoke.
There shall not be purgery in court.
There shall not be violation of workers rights.
There shall be no board, corporation, company, etc. that censors materials. Exceptions noted later.
There shall not be assualt.
There shall not be destruction of property.

Punishment
Murderers shall undergo therapy. They may or may not recieve house arrest, the worst that can happen normally.
Repeated murderers shall be exiled from the Union of Earth.
The burning of Holy Materials with intent to anger can result in a fine no more than $1000.
Purgary is punishable with a fine no more than $1000.
Violation of Workers' Rights is punishable with a fine no more than $10000 and paying the victom(s) for damages.
Assualt is punishable with a to $200; Assualters shall pay for damages; undergo therapy; shall undergo house arrest.
The destroyers of property shall repay all damages.
Pedophillia, beastiality, rape, etc. shall be punished with fines no more than $10,000; undergo therapy; house arrest.
Repeat Pedophiles, Beastials, Rapists, etc. may be exiled from the Union of Earth
Child abuse is punishable with $10,000 fines and therapy.
Encroachment of private property is punishable with $5000 fine; reparing damaging.
Law enforcement breaking the Rules of Law shall be expelled from there position and/or fined.

Rights of Law
There shall not be, on any occassion, torture.
There shall not be excessive bail.
There shall not be excessively lengthy trial.
There shall be a right to a lawyer.
There shall be a right to a fair trial.There shall be a right to a trial by your peers.
There shall not be forced search, seizure, or arrest without a warrant. Exceptions noted later.
There shall not be warrant given without probable cause.
There shall not be Double Jepordy.There shall not be Capital Punishment.
There shall not be cruel or unusual punishment.

Exceptions of Rights of Law

Those partaking Imminate Crime may be arrested immediately. The suspect may be searched.

Foreign Policy
While most countries would sign the Treaty of the Union, it is by choice. Those who do not sign will be considered free from all Union laws.

We must not interfer with foreign affairs
However, if 25% of The People for involvement, we may engage in involvement.

We must never attack civilians.

We may deport criminals to foreign lands.

If we are attacked, we defend ourselves

Rights to Govern
Any region may, at an 80% vote, may elect a goverment. This government must neve violate this treaty.

Any region, at a 75% vote, may create new laws in the region that does not contradict the rules of this treaty.

Any region, at an 85% vote, may leave the Union of Earth.

If 25% of the entire populace votes for it, there can be ammendments or changes to the treaty. Subsequently, a 25% vote can repeal these changes.

All votes shall be cast electronically.

Workers Rights
No worker may be discriminated against bast on race, gender, etc.
All workers must be payed justly.
All workers are entitled to a safe work environment.
All workers must not be forced to work unreasonable hours.
There are rights to strike.
Maternity Leaves are required.
Corporations must pay for workers' medical bills up to $20000.

Taxes
No taxes may be enforced, except for the following.

1/2-year-old coporations must pay 1% of their annual income.
1-year-old coporations must pay 2.5% of their annual income.
3-year-old corporations must pay 5% of their annual income.
5-year-old corporations must pay 7% of their annual income.
All older corporations must pay 10% of their annual income.

These taxes would mainly support military and law enforcement. Roads, schools, etc. would be privatised.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Definitions
Right to Marriage: the Right for every person to enter into any sort of marriage they want; does not include pedophillia, beastiality, or unwilling partnerships.
Right to Vote: the Right for every person to vote.
Murder: Premature ending of life cause by others' intentional actions; does not include abortion, euthanasia, suicide, assisted suicide, manslaughter, accidental death, self defense, or instances where a contract has been signed, showing that the killed consented.
Theft: The stealing of property; does not include the very poor, or stealing for the ability to live.
Holy Materials: Bibles, Kuraans, etc.
Censor: to stop the masses from being able to view material.
Assault: To attack; does not include self defense, or when a contract is signed, showing consent.
Child Abuse: Using unreasonable force against children; exact definition decided by courts.
Torture: Anything above normal methods of interrogation.
Excessively Length Trial: A trial longer than absolutely neccessary.
Probable Cause: Evidence to suggest a crime had been commited.
Imminate Crime: A violent crime that will happen very soon, before a warrent can be obtained.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Do you have any questions/rebuttals? I will rebut next round.

I have one question: How are you going to enfore the English speaking rule?

Cowboy0108

Pro

I will start by answering your question: the english law will be enforced by ensuring that all education, government, etc. will be using ONLY english. No person can get a job relating to the government if they do not speak English. People cannot vote if they do not speak English. All children MUST speak English since education will be regulated by the government and teachers cannot grade assignments not in English. This is basically the jist of it.
Comparisons of leadership:
Social
Your world will have several sectional cultures. Mine will not. You may set yourself up for revolt or revolution if people have pride in their heritage. My world involves the destruction of heritage and displacement of many people. While this may be expensive, it virtually eliminates all possiblity of conflict with the government. My world also eliminates most problems with racism. Your world opens up for potential social conflict, depending upon how you handle it.
Political
My country is a mixture of autocracy and condfederacy. Each state does its own thing but the king can somewhat regulate it in severe issues. Your world only follows one set of laws. Each has its own strenghts and weaknesses. The problem with yours is that one law may work in one area, but not in another.
Religious
Neither world descriminates against religion. My world does support one over the other. This will increase the drive for a global culture. By creating this culture, conflict decreases as do chances of revolt.
Intelligence
My world involves philosophy, logic, and debate. You did not address this.
Technology
I am not sure about this, but I think your world would have a lot of technology in its culture. My world does not have much technology involved which would support a more simplistic lifestyle. I would not restrict technology to a point in which it complicates lives however.
Economy
You will have very little taxes. This will should support private economic growth. However, there will be issues regarding public services. Both will have a free market.

If a revolt does occur in your world, how will you handle it?
Kumquatodor

Con

Consider that, at best, 25% of humans speak English. How are you going to teach the other 75%? If you create gov. programs to teach those out of school, then that would be millions if not billions, of dollars.
______
You may set yourself up for revolt or revolution if people have pride in their heritage. My world involves the destruction of heritage and displacement of many people. While this may be expensive, it virtually eliminates all possiblity of conflict with the government.
I think I would be safer from revolt than you. Consider that many people have pride in heritage. While this can indeed cause conflict, attempting to destroy the notion of heritage will bring armies to your doorstep.

Many people take pride in their homes, and uprooting thousands or millions would start a revolt, and that would tarnish your reputation, even if the uprising is crushed quickly.
______________________________________________________________
The problem with yours is that one law may work in one area, but not in another.
Notice that my laws are fairly flexible. I am not regulating everday life; I have barely any taxes. As I have stated, regional vote may alter/change laws for that region.

Your laws may cause uproar from the more developed nation. You would have the former Americans, Cannadians, British, English, China, and Japanese all trying to kill you. Not to mention the Middle East burning your flag in the name of Allah.
________________________________
This will increase the drive for a global culture. By creating this culture, conflict decreases as do chances of revolt.
One word: Counterculture. Islamic counter culture. Jewish Counterculture. Atheistic counterculture. None of these groups would take kindly for you prefered religion to be the national religion.

It would help the revolution. Propoganda would circulate.
________________________________________________
Schools in my world are privatized. I have no control over world education.
_______________________________________________________________
I am not sure about this, but I think your world would have a lot of technology in its culture.
If it doesn't harm other, you can have it.
___________________________________
Your enslavement policy would again cause uproar.

The People would live in a pieceful world because of choice. If they choose to leave the Union of Earth, more power to them. I doubt many will even know my name.

If they disagree with others, they would voice the disagreements.

The People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people.
___________________________________________________________________________________

You would have a "V for Vendetta"-esk movement on your hands. I may or may not lead it. Regardless, the mad masses might move to destroy your decadent, deadly, and dreadful days. You would be overthrown quickly.
Cowboy0108

Pro

1. In regards to English, it is currently the lingua fraca. That means that it is the global trade language. It would be most efficient for this to be the language everyone learns. Furthermore, since the ethnicities will be so diverse throughout the world, the constant blending will help everyone to learn English.
2. This debate has turned from success of the world under our leaderships to whether or not we would see revolt. I am now going to go into detail on why my world would have a better economy and the people will be happier.
a. The taxation will be simple and easy to collect. Taxes will be collected at the state level which is signifantly faster than at the federal level. The particular tax plan, FairTax, ensures that almost all people pay less in taxes by the end of their life than with income tax. The fact that the wealth will remain in the hands of the people will make them happier and will make the economy better.
b. I am not sure that I have said this, but my world would have a gold standard for currency. This means that there would be virtually no inflation, which makes a better economy and a happier populace.
c. Given that everyone will speak the same language, English, after so many years, trade between the states will be easier.
d. Unlike your world, which is no different than how the UN is set up, my world would have completely free trade since it is completely united. This means an increased diversity of goods(especially since there is ethnic blending) and lower prices across the board.
e. Since most things are handled at the state level, every area can do what benefits them the most. This policy of state's rights will lead to a better economy throught the globe.
f. My education system will boost our economy because people will learn to think for themselves and can come up with business ideas and more innovative things(with the aid of specific college education)

3. Given these, there is no reason for revolt. Yes the first couple of years to the end of the first decade will show extreme instability and we would have to show strict control. But after this, the people would on average, be happier because of the better economy and freedom of religion that many of them did not have before. Your view on counterculture would have merit, but you forgot to address that there is incredible ethnic blending due to forced migration. A given city may have five percent muslim population, which is not enough to start a powerful movement. With the churches that the state may open and the Christian views taught in school, many would convert to Christianity, if not, become very tolerant of it.

"I think I would be safer from revolt than you. Consider that many people have pride in heritage. While this can indeed cause conflict, attempting to destroy the notion of heritage will bring armies to your doorstep."
I will destroy heritage yes, but again, I would have forced migration so they cannot "bring armies" to my "doorstep"

"Your laws may cause uproar from the more developed nation. You would have the former Americans, Cannadians, British, English, China, and Japanese all trying to kill you. Not to mention the Middle East burning your flag in the name of Allah"
Again, forced migration means that the people will not be as capable to unite against me. They will all get along, but they will not have the common heritage to find cause to fight. Besides, the guys from Nigeria will like me because my economy would be better which would sway the opinion of the few who may see a worse economy in my world.

To sum up this round, my economy would be good, there is no reason to revolt, even if there was, the people could not rally against me.

See you in Round Four
Kumquatodor

Con

The presence of forced slavery/relocation will present more problems than even the smallest taxes.
b. I am not sure that I have said this, but my world would have a gold standard for currency. This means that there would be virtually no inflation, which makes a better economy and a happier populace
Except for the relocated, enslaved, cultured, patriotic, families, non-christian religions, and athiests populance.
I'm like the UN? COOL! I think...

Regardless, money doesn't buy happiness.
Fine...
Thinking for yourself is fine by you. Unless, according to you, you fight against relocation, slaver, religious supression due to "favoring", and eletism, which their world is full of.
___________________________________________________________________
3. Given these, there is no reason for revolt. Yes the first couple of years to the end of the first decade will show extreme instability and we would have to show strict control.
Money does not buy happiness. The starving Africans do not care if a fish is $1000 or $10; they want food. They want to live in their homes, to rely on their traditions, to be a family. Your fascist (your "world" is fascist by definition) regime is no expressive of individual values.

About "extreme instability": the Arab Springs would be first world compared to the crap you'ld have to face. Millions, nay, billions would be searching for you so they could kill you and stop your viruntly vicious and viracious violation of volition!

But after this, the people would on average, be happier because of the better economy and freedom of religion that many of them did not have before.
Money would not buy peace. Especially when millions upon millions are banging on drums and cutting your strings.

Make no mistake, readers, his world has no religious freedom, or freedom at all for that matter.

By favoring Christianity, you give a silent OK for your governors to decide to discriminate. By taking away technology, you enforce a kind of darkness upon those looking for enlightenment that no philosophy class can fill.

If you don't believe me, answer this:

Why not make Islam the world religion? Is it to violent? OK. Why not Buddhism? I'll tell you why you won't: you believe in Christianity. That's the only reason why you support a world religion of Christianity.

Your view on counterculture would have merit, but you forgot to address that there is incredible ethnic blending due to forced migration. A given city may have five percent muslim population, which is not enough to start a powerful movement.
You would not be facing Muslims. Or Hindus. Or Christians. You would face Humanity.

With the churches that the state may open and the Christian views taught in school, many would convert to Christianity, if not, become very tolerant of it.
They would not because the religion would be forced on them.
____________________________________________________
And now, for some psychoanalysis!

Subject "Cowboy" displays symptoms of Narcissism. He has consistantly partaken in debates in which he illicitely condemns todays society and tries to create his own society in which everyone agrees, or at least, tolerates him.

It is quite possible that he was abused as a child, by a parental figure or a fellow child. Regardless of the tormentor, "Cowboy" displays a need for power and acceptance. He wishes to press his beliefs upon people not in anger, but in a need to have agreeance. He wishes global Christianity because he needs validation for his religion. He wants people to consent to his rule because it will show him that he has control. Maybe he was not abused, but has instead had unmerciful disaster that followed fast and followed faster unil he needed control. Be it Dixie or be it this "world", he has shown need for control.

He has this control prioritised over decency, perfectly willing to relocate, tear apart families, and to enslave.

I sincerely wish that, if Cowboy is serious, he seeks help.

Due to his possible Narcissism, he is not fit for rule. Remember, this is "I would be a better world dictator", and so, this is not ad hominem.
Cowboy0108

Pro

1. The forced slavery is simply a solution for poverty and a useful method to handle prisoners. The slavery is just temporary and the people will be freed with plenty of money for them to rejoin the world with. Consider it an indentured slavery.
2. History shows that a good economy often overwhelms pride in one's country. There will be tolerance for everyone so they would not be as likely to revolt. If they do, the military will silence it quickly.
3. I never stated that I would not allow them to speak freely. It is your opinion that my country would be bad, and all you continue to repeat is your opinion with little evidence.
4. I never said I would restrict individual values. I would keep families together, just not countries or cities.
5. Again, an organized revolt would be virtually impossible since it would be too difficult for everyone to rally together.
6. It is your opnion that my leaders would not allow religious freedom.
7. What you fail to understand is, yes, one generation faces some short term sacrifices, however, the world would be a better place for all future generations.

Psycoanalism
1. I am not crazy, I am just different. People everyday seem to think I am crazy because my logic is significantly different from theirs.
2. If you continue to insist that I do have some sort of mental issue, I will say this:
George S. Patton thought he was the reincarnation of not one, but several famous generals.
Ulysses S. Grant was an "angry drunk"
Stonewall Jackson had multiple disabilities.
Sherman was chronically depressed.
It looks to me like many famous generals with problems were amazing leaders. Why would I be any different? Were Patton and Grant disregarded because of their problems? No. Were they successful? Very.

Too conclude:

My opponent has been repetitive and has consistently repeated the same points that I have continously defeated. My leadership would change the world forever and for the better.
Kumquatodor

Con

Any kind of slavery will cause immense riots. You would be "endenturing" millions of people. Entire countries of people are poor. They would all have to be enslaved by your standards.

Your regime also creates more than one type of slavery. You create slaves for yourself.
Again, I think it is related to narcissism. People in your country cannot used more advanced technology because you do not want them to. The country is officially Christian because your Christian. People are slaves even though you would never be. If other debates can be evidence, there is a dress code because you want people to dress a certain way.

With you, it is not about the People. It is about you acquiring power.
Pride in one's country will cause problems, but they could be dealt with, like you said, with a good economy. Now, relocating entire cities and provinces of people at a time cannot be done without causing outrage.

Good luck at trying to stop at least 600,000,000 people
You more than imply it. Pride in your country is outlawed. So if someone comes around waving a red, blue, and white flag, proclaiming "'MURICA!", you would have no choice but to detain him, or to let this pride go free.

You likely outlaw the Internet ("no smartphones"), and this is the biggest means of peoples' communication.

We must not go against you fascist regime, or else we will be (according to other debates) flogged, beat, tortured, etc. for our "crimes".

If you relocate a Canadian family to Mexico, chances are you've separated them from their extended family.

If you make the nation Christian, that means that you say that your religion is right over every other.

You can seperate people, but not HUMANITY. You can redistribute races, but whites, blacks, asains, etc. all will band together. Don't you see the folly of your plans?!

If you make the national religion Christian, that is illicitely saying that your religion is right and that all others are wrong. And even if you don't mean it that way, zealots (you and your governors) can always say "The national religion is Christian, so we can discriminate." It's happened all over the Middle East, Israel, and even America.

You won't get the chance! Relocation, slavery, religious favoritism (which can bring with it homophobia, racism, sexism, agism, etc.) will all cause an uproar from at least a quarter of the world.

I do not mean this offensively, but... What if they're right? Schizophrenics, psycopaths, and sociopaths generally do not realize that they're crazy.

You may be different, but you may be off. Is there a history of mental illness in your family?

If you continue to insist that I do have some sort of mental issue, I will say this:
Ulysses S. Grant was an "angry drunk"
Sherman was chronically depressed.

A general is different than a leader of the world. Grant was president (I think) but he was only crazy when he was DRUNK! And Patton... Who?

Now you, on the other hand, do not care about your people as evidenced by your policies. You are selfishly imposing your beliefs on the WORLD.

______________________________________

The Union of Earth would be free, as opposed to my opponents TYRANY.
I would make the world happy.

And, if the People happy, they could impeach me. Condemn me. Torture me. Kill me. Forget me.

I would actually like for the world to join together into a similar world as the one I have outlined. But, it has to be a choice. And we will make the choice one day. Or maybe not. The choice is ours.

But on the occassion of choosing our own fates, we must not fall into a trap of tyrany. We must keep the value of the Vox Populi, at exclusion of all else.

And if tyrany comes, we must unite together as a symbol of freedom.
Vote Placed by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
Cowboy0108KumquatodorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Pro because I felt Con's "psychoanalysis" to be unnecessary and insulting. Arguments to Con because he sold his world better.