Skynet
ChristianPunk

ID vs. Evolution

Skynet

Pro

Thanks to ChristianPunk for the debate challenge in the forums, and for his patience waiting for me to start.
http://www.debate.org...

ID vs. Evolution is the general topic, but we should probably narrow it down a little, since the fields of biology, geology, anthropology are all involved, and that is a very broad range for such a brief debate.

Unless Con objects, I will choose the Origin of Man as the specific subject.

So we can clear the air of any assumptions about eachother's positions, R1 will be for stating our positions, abstaining from talking about our opponent's position. R2 will begin the arguments. Arguments should be based on the stated positions of the opponent within the debate, and not assumptions about what the opponent believes. This rule is not due to the actions of either of us in the past: I think it is a good way to argue the opponent and not misconceptions or prejudices about the opponent.

The debate should be judged on the merits of the arguments and evidence, not the position you came to the debate believing: The person who is correct can lose.

My Position:
I take the Genesis creation account literally, and my position is specific enough I will not be calling my view ID, though it does fall into that broad category. According to Genesis, God, an incorporeal spirit who is self-existent and eternal (beyond time) created the Earth, all that is in it, and the rest of the Universe and it's physical laws in 6 literal days. God created the first man, Adam, as a special creation, in the likeness of God. Since God does not have a body, this refers to our non-physical attributes. God also created Eve to be his wife, and gave the Earth to them to tend and tame. People did not originally die until Adam and Eve chose to disobey God by willfully gaining knowledge of Good and Evil, losing their innocence. All humans are descendants of Adam and Eve.

If any clarification of my position is needed, Con may ask in R1 so I can clear it up by R2.
ChristianPunk

Con

My Position: I would also like to point out that Intelligent Design is not exclusively saying Christian creator, but that Intelligent Design is just saying that signs exist for an intelligent designer for life through science. Creationism is the Christian view that the bible tells everything and science can't. However, I will say that I believe evolution is fact and that Intelligent Design is a falsehood that is taught to only enforce religion while preaching pseudoscience. I will allow my opponent to have the first arguments and I wish him good luck.
Skynet

Pro

Skynet forfeited this round.
ChristianPunk

Con

ChristianPunk forfeited this round.
Skynet

Pro

Skynet forfeited this round.
ChristianPunk

Con

ChristianPunk forfeited this round.
Skynet

Pro

I had to FF on this one. We'll start a new one shortly.
ChristianPunk

Con

ChristianPunk forfeited this round.
Skynet

Pro

Skynet forfeited this round.
ChristianPunk

Con

ChristianPunk forfeited this round.
Posted by Skynet 1 year ago
Skynet
@MarsUltor:

Why? If you have a position, no matter what it is, you should be able to pull up enough evidence to support it. You can't downgrade Evolution to a truism to avoid your BOP.
Posted by MarsUltor 1 year ago
MarsUltor
@cheyennebodie Atheists don't have to proof their point, religious people do you have the burden of Proof.
Posted by Skynet 2 years ago
Skynet
I am so sorry. I thought this weekend and week would be pretty easy, that's why I started the debate, but it has turned into a fiasco. We will have to pick this up another time.
Posted by ChristianPunk 2 years ago
ChristianPunk
The main point of the argument is about which one is more scientifically accurate.
Posted by Skynet 2 years ago
Skynet
You're right, no one can be argued into being saved, but the facts still need to be established.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
ID is the origin of life. Evolution is changes in living things, They are two different things . Evolutionists point to these changes to disprove ID. But it is not in the same league as the origin of life.How about discussing what science has proved about the origin of life.It cannot disprove god at all in that context.Atheists have to have the same faith there is no God than we have to have to believe he is there. That is all right. And the very moment we each die, we will be faced with the truth of the matter.So why the endless discussion about this subject? Just because I believe that Jesus was raised from the dead, how does that affect any one elses life ?It does not.Even my children had to accept it voluntarily. They heard all the negative voices out there against Christ.They took a look around at peoples behavior and concluded That God knows the heart of man better than man does.