Composer
MadCornishBiker

IF ANY ONE were a 100% Fully human, that leaves NO room for e.g. a supernatural archangel!

MadCornishBiker

Composer

Pro

The Debate Topic speaks for itself!
MadCornishBiker

Con

My opponent, with his usual level of confidence, declares that the debate title speaks for itself, but does it?

I propose to show that he does not.

What I intend to show from Scripture is that the human Christ was created as a perfect human in his mother's womb, by holy spirit, in order for him to form the perfect vessel for the personality and memories of God's spirit son.

I am very interested to read his opening arguments.
Composer

Pro

The Debate Topic speaks for itself!
MadCornishBiker

Con

I find it very interesting, that my opponent appears to be either unprepared, or unwilling, to supply any actual evidence.

Of course, to some extent we are both hampered by the fact that there is very little scientific evidence for either case, and what they is comes very much from what are often called fringe sciences. Such as the study of the paranormal.

However, my opponent appears to be making a very basic and dangerous assumption.

He makes the mistake of assuming, that the personality takes up any space inside the physical body.

My contention is, that Jesus was born a perfect human child, due to the operation of holy spirit on an egg in Mary's womb.

He was brought up by two loving and conscientious parents. They carefully taught him all about the God to which they were so faithful. No doubt they also told him of the special circumstances of his conception and birth.

His perfect mind, as well as the fact that at first he had merely his own personality that he naturally grew up with is demonstrated by his disputing with the religious leaders in the temple at age 13. The only special thing about him at that point, was his ability to think and debate at a higher level than much older adults.

However, knowing his special birth, and the fact that he had a special destiny, no doubt he understood much of the Scripture that pointed to his arrival as Messiah, and therefore when he came of age fully, which in Israel was deemed to be 30 years of age, he duly presented himself to his cousin John for baptism.

It wasn't until his public baptism demonstrated his commitment to taking on his future role that holy spirit descended on him and gave him the personality and memories of God's son. Even for a perfect mind this was a lot to take in one go, hence his need to wander off into the wilderness to meditate. Hence also the fact that Satan recognised this as the best possible time to subvert Christ away from his role, and by introducing disobedience, and therefore imperfection, into him make any future sacrifice invalid.

Because it was done in this way, there was no need for putting the metaphorical quart into an equally metaphorical pint pot. Since the personality of Jesus was completely replaced by the personality of God's son thus making Jesus' physical body merely a vessel to carry that personality around.

Of course, that also meant that the original personality of God's son was no longer in the spirit body, because it now dwelt in the perfect physical body of Christ..

Maybe all is not necessarily demonstrated, but the possibility of this happening is more than clearly demonstrated.

It will therefore no longer be possible for my opponent to merely reiterate his first two very brief and very basic statements.
Composer

Pro

Con: I find it very interesting, that my opponent appears to be either unprepared, or unwilling, to supply any actual evidence.

Pro: IF ANY ONE were a 100% Fully human, that leaves NO room for e.g. a supernatural archangel!

The Debate Topic speaks for itself!

Con: Of course, to some extent we are both hampered by the fact that there is very little scientific evidence for either case, and what they is comes very much from what are often called fringe sciences. Such as the study of the paranormal.

Pro: A 100% Fully human requires no requirement for proofs or evidence of the Paranormal!

100% = the entire amount leaving NO room for anything else e.g. a Supernatural god nor a Supernatural archangel!

per"cent also per cent (pr-snt)
adv.
Out of each hundred; per hundred. (Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com...)

Hence a Fully 100% human = 100 parts per a maximum of 1 hundred!

Thus a 100% Fully Human has NO room for anything else such as a Supernatural god nor a Supernatural archangel.

Con: However, my opponent appears to be making a very basic and dangerous assumption.

Pro: Con has drifted already from the subject and has wandered in to his spurious & fanciful irrelevancies?

Con: My contention is, that Jesus was born a perfect human child, due to the operation of holy spirit on an egg in Mary's womb.

Pro: For starters, Cons irrelevant divergance depends on what Con refers to as ' perfect? '

According to Cons propaganda this Historical MYTH jebus was a 100% human and nothing else -

i.e. Consequently he was obliged to become like his "brothers " in all respects! . . . . (Heb. 2:17) KIT Story book

To any rational person ' in all respects ' means a 100% pure human being!

i.e. IF ANY ONE were a 100% Fully human, that leaves NO room for e.g. a supernatural archangel!

To claim or assert that this Story book jebus was in some way a Fully archangel that became a human is to nullify and refute both my factual Statement & nullify and refute Cons very own propaganda he says is faulty? (i.e. e.g. Heb. 2:17)

&

IF Cons jebus were a literal pre-existant archangel, then it ending up in Mary's womb is perforce a Transplantation / Transference after first morphing from a archangel!

Thus all it would be is a deceiving archangel dressed up in human flesh, pretending to be a Fully 100% human!

Con: He was brought up by two loving and conscientious parents. They carefully taught him all about the God to which they were so faithful. No doubt they also told him of the special circumstances of his conception and birth.

Pro: You speak falsehoods again according to your very own propaganda Con -

Mary & Joseph didn't even believe what the Story book text states regarding their alleged miraculous child of a god -

. . . his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business ? 50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them. (Luke 2:41-50) KJV Story book

Con: His perfect mind,

Pro: IF its mind were perfect then according to your own propaganda Heb. 2:17 KIT Story book, being made . . . . like his "brothers " in all respects! then all its brothers must also be of a perfect mind?

Obviously the mind of humans is not perfect else it wouldn't make imperfect decisions as humans invariably can do!

Con: as well as the fact that at first he had merely his own personality that he naturally grew up with is demonstrated by his disputing with the religious leaders in the temple at age 13. The only special thing about him at that point, was his ability to think and debate at a higher level than much older adults.

Pro: The biblical jebus is an unambiguous eternal Jew!

The gospels have no sense yet that Jesus was anything other than a Jew. The gospels don't even have a sense that he came to found a new religion, an idea completely foreign to all the gospel text, and completely foreign to Paul. That is an idea which comes about only later. So, to say that he was a Jew is saying a truism, is simply stating an idea that is so obvious on the face of it, one wonders it even needs to be said. But, of course, it does need to be said because we all know what happens later in the story, where it turns out that Christianity becomes something other than Judaism and as a result, Jesus in retrospect is seen not as a Jew, but as something else, as a founder of Christianity. But, of course, he was a Jew. (Emphasis by Composer(Pro) Source: http://www.pbs.org...)

So unless the J.ws are strictly adherents of Story book Jews, then the J.ws are just another of the myriad of Johnny Come Lately corrupt ideologies!

Con: However, knowing his special birth,

Pro: Like getting special priveleges like quantities of Gold that its contemporaries didn't!

Like many events in Cons Story book, even this alleged ' birth ' was unfounded according to Historical reality -

NB: Roman Catholic biblical scholar Raymond E. Brown in The Birth of the Messiah lists several reasons he does not believe the biblical account, including the fact that such a bright star would have been mentioned by others, but despite fairly good astrological records it is mentioned nowhere. (Source: http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org...)

Con: Of course, that also meant that the original personality of God's son was no longer in the spirit body, because it now dwelt in the perfect physical body of Christ..

Pro: Heb. 2:17 alone decimates your concept!

Con: It will therefore no longer be possible for my opponent to merely reiterate his first two very brief and very basic statements.

Very brief and very basic statements I agree yet unambiguously fatal to Cults like yours!
MadCornishBiker

Con

First, perfect has a number of meanings, the most important of them in this context is simply complete. Humans have been incomplete due to imperfection ever since Adam and Eve sinned. Christ, however, was made complete by the operation of holy spirit on the edge in Mary's womb. This was necessary because under the law, only a perfect sacrifice would do.

Now to address the actual topic, let me point out that at no time when on this earth was Jesus. Anything other than 100% perfect human. The fact that he had in his head. The full personality and memories of God's son did not alter that fact.

Therefore there is no need for any further room inside that 100% perfect human body.

To address my opponents other point, may not seem as simple as in fact it is.

My opponent states that at no time does Scripture describe the Christ as anything other than a Jew. In that he is perfectly correct.

What he fails to take into account, is the fact that whilst Judaism was abandoned, because it's unfaithfulness, faithful individuals would never be abandoned.

In fact for some time after Jesus death his followers were known as the sect of Judaism.

Paul was very careful in both his letter to the Hebrews, and his letter to the Romans, to explain that this group were actually a new Israel, formed from a rootstock of faithful Jews.

Though Judaism was, and still is, left to its own devices by God, the new Israel has never been completely abandoned. Eventually this spiritual Israel became known as Christianity.

In the first century, that new, spiritual, Israel, called in Scripture the Israel of God, was faithful to God and Christ but the apostasy put an end to that.

Despite that, through the ensuing centuries there was still always one or two faithful servants of God, who, though they knew little of the truth fought hard to save what they found, often dying horribly in the process.

When the time was right, Jesus acted as he had in the first century, to pull faithful ones out of the Christianity that was by now thoroughly apostate, and reformed spiritual Israel through those ones, who eventually became known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

So, are Jehovah's Witnesses strict adherents of biblical Jews?

By no means, however, they are the revived Israel of God that was created to replace Judaism.

My opponent would do well to remember that the words Jews and Israelites are not interchangeable. The name due referred to an adherent of Judaism, whereas Israelite refers merely to a member of the nation of Israel. Judaism only emerged when the worship of the sons of Israel became irreversibly apostate.

Jehovah's Witnesses adhere very carefully to all the principles to which such ones as Noah, Abraham, and Jesus, as well as the Apostles adhered to. That gives them the right to call themselves not only true Christians, but also spiritual Israelites.

Whilst they do not adhere strictly to the law, because it was fulfilled in the Christ, and parts of it will read it impossible to adhere to buy the destruction of the Temple, they do adhere to all the principles behind it. Jesus said to his questioner, when asked what was the most important commandment in the law:

You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole soul, and your whole mind.

He then said:

The second like it is this, you must love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commands the whole of the law profits hangs.

Therefore, any who obey those two commands have fulfilled the whole of the law.

The role of Jehovah's Witnesses, in imitation of their king Jesus Christ, is not only to fulfil those two commands, it is to help others do the same, should they wish to.

I thank my opponent for the opportunity to correct any misconceptions about who and what Jehovah's Witnesses truly are.
Composer

Pro

Con: First, perfect has a number of meanings, the most important of them in this context is simply complete. Humans have been incomplete due to imperfection ever since Adam and Eve sinned. Christ, however, was made complete by the operation of holy spirit on the edge in Mary's womb. This was necessary because under the law, only a perfect sacrifice would do.

Pro: Irrelevant and thus not worth responding too here in this Debate!

I am however still patiently & waiting eagerly for Con however to legitimately adhere to the Debate Topic, including Cons explanation & bible based evidence (not speculation) of how a supposed literal Pre-existent Divine Supernatural Archangel called Michael, ended up inside Story book Mary's Womb; soon to be named Jesus? (cf. Luke 1:31) KIT Story book version

That of course as I stated earlier, would require a Transplant / Transfer in to Mary's Womb!

Con: Now to address the actual topic, let me point out that at no time when on this earth was Jesus. Anything other than 100% perfect human. The fact that he had in his head. The full personality and memories of God's son did not alter that fact.

Pro: That is not addressing the Topic but is conversely irrelevant speculation concerning what a babe may or may not have known about itself?

Con: Therefore there is no need for any further room inside that 100% perfect human body.

#Con acknowledges Pro is CORRECT!: i.e. Con wrote: My opponent states that at no time does Scripture describe the Christ as anything other than a Jew. In that he is perfectly correct.

Pro: I repeatedly remind Con that the Thread Topic is - ' IF ANY ONE were a 100% Fully human, that leaves NO room for e.g. a supernatural archangel! '

Con has not done so!

I am of course most pleased that Con has now contradicted himself by previously claiming ' I was clueless and other derogatory remarks to that effect Con has repeatedly made elsewhere, but now concedes Con spoke falsely!

Con: What he fails to take into account, is the fact that whilst Judaism was abandoned, because it's unfaithfulness, faithful individuals would never be abandoned.

He then said:

I thank my opponent for the opportunity to correct any misconceptions about who and what Jehovah's Witnesses truly are

Pro: Again all that Con has provided apart from congratulating me for my Truth telling (See: #Con acknowledges Pro is CORRECT! above) the remainder of Cons statements are actually irrelevant to the Debate Topic, of which I AGAIN remind Con -

' IF ANY ONE were a 100% Fully human, that leaves NO room for e.g. a supernatural archangel! '

It is impossible for me to actually address ' pertinent points Con has raised in relation to support of Cons arguments ', simply because Con HASN'T provided them, but has rather wandered off in to entire irrelevancies! i.e. e.g. Perfection, Story book Jesus was an eternal Jew & alleged history of so called Christianity to mention a couple!

My Satan Con = ADVERSARY, has offered absolutely nothing by way of contradicting that Premiss which remains vindicated!

I again invite Con to actually address the Debate Topic shown again below, with relevancy, not the contrary we have observed thus far from Con -

MadCornishBiker

Con

my opponent appears to completely miss my point.

The point I have made, and it's a simple one, is that since the personality of the Archangel, which was put into Christ's 100% human body did not need any room, therefore, there was more than enough room for it.

If something needs no more space than is available, even if the available space is next to nothing, the simple answer is that there is more than a enough room.

Therefore, since the personality the Archangel occupies no more space than it already is in the 100% human body. There is definitely room for it. Therefore, the proposal for this debate is completely false.

One only has to go back to what I said earlier about how Christ became what he was, to realise my point is valid.

To the a little, a perfect child came into the world because an egg in Mary's womb. That child developed as a perfect human, and was brought up by faithful Jewish parents. Having been taught by his parents of his unusual conception, and his future role, no doubt referring to the Scriptures to do so, Christ duly presented himself a baptism at the appropriate time.

It was then, on baptism, that the entire personality and memories of God's son was transmitted into the brain of this perfect adult.

No wonder it was such a shock, even for a perfect brain, and no wonder he had to go into the wilderness to think.

However, there was no issue of space inside his perfect human body. This demonstrates beyond any doubt that there most definitely is for an Archangel in a 100% physical human body.
Composer

Pro

Con: The point I have made, and it's a simple one, is that since the personality of the Archangel, which was put into Christ's 100% human body did not need any room, therefore, there was more than enough room for it.

Pro: #1: Hebrews 2:17 from Cons own Story book propaganda is just one example that unambiguously refutes & decimates Cons argument -

Consequently he was obliged to become " like his brothers in all respects, . . . . " .(Heb. 2:17) KIT Story book

' In ALL respects ' DOES NOT include bearing the personality of a Supernatural Arch-angel!

Not forgetting also more fatal evidence against Cons so called argument, I again take directly from Cons own Story book propaganda -

#2: For it is not to angels that he hath subjected the inhabited earth to come . . . . (Heb. 2:5) KIT Story book

AND thus it is also impossible for Con to legitimately sustain his ' Jesus had the personality of an Arch-angel '.

Also because of the following -

#3: You made him a little lower than angels . . . . (Heb. 2:7) KIT Story book

Hence being ' made a little lower than angels ' again refutes Cons claim that a 100% Fully Human was made with the personality of a Supreme & Superior Supernatural Arch-angel!

Con: If something needs no more space than is available, even if the available space is next to nothing, the simple answer is that there is more than a enough room.

Pro: A Fully 100% human has NO space whatsoever left over, and that's what 100% means! 100% human in this case!

Con: Therefore, since the personality the Archangel occupies no more space than it already is in the 100% human body. There is definitely room for it. Therefore, the proposal for this debate is completely false.

Pro: As already proved fatal to Cons proposition, see again #1, #2 & #3 above!

Con: One only has to go back to what I said earlier about how Christ became what he was, to realise my point is valid.

Proving by his own Propaganda; Cons ' point ' is spurious & hence invalid!

Con: To the a little, a perfect child came into the world because an egg in Mary's womb. That child developed as a perfect human, and was brought up by faithful Jewish parents. Having been taught by his parents of his unusual conception, and his future role, no doubt referring to the Scriptures to do so, Christ duly presented himself a baptism at the appropriate time.

Pro: What do you think the chances would have been in Mary's world of her fellow-villagers swallowing a tall tale that she was pregnant by a Holy Spirit? I doubt they would have believed her and she would have been stoned to death. And had she been allowed to live and give birth to her child, he would be known to all in the village as being a bastard and therefore shunned and denied entry into the Holy Congregation (the local Synagogue) on the basis of Deuteronomy 23:2-3. (Original Source: http://www.bibleorigins.net...)

&

The earliest Orthodox Jews (Pharisees & Sadducees) would have easily recognised from their TORAH (First 5 books of the bible), the fraudulent claims of Joseph and Mary about this biblical Jesus being a product of God and a woman. -

i.e. The Messiah would expressly not be God, but a unique, final "prophet like Moses," coming into being from a family in Israel (see Deut. 18:15-19; Acts 3:22; 7:37) cf. John 10:29 - 39)

&

Neither Mary nor Joseph had ANY recollection of jebus' alleged ' unusual conception ' -

. . . . his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business ? 50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them. (Luke 2:41-50) KJV Story book

Cons entire defence is unambiguously refuted by Pros use of Cons very own propaganda!

Pros Debate Topic prevails and remains unambiguously vindicated!

MadCornishBiker

Con

it's not really the subject on which there is much room for argument. I have presented the only evidence there is, which is scriptural. It is up to those who read this debate to decide whether or not they agree with.

I rest my case with the simple statement, but since no one is needed for the personality of the Christ to be inserted into a 100% human, then there is more than sufficient room.
Posted by MadCornishBiker 1 year ago
MadCornishBiker
Jesus was human, he was created as a human fertilised egg and allowed to grow in Mary's womb, and everything about him which was physical was human.

Not human like you and I, but human ike Adam and Eve with no inherited sin in his genetics anywhere such were passed down to all his descendants by Adam.

Our physical brain is nothing more than the receptacle which holds our spirit, and the patterns formed in our spirit as we grown and develop our personality by all the things we experience in our lives are forever recorded in our spirit.

Hence when our spirit goes back to Jehovah he can duplicate our personality when his so resurrects us "in the last day" (Matthew 6:44).

Psalm 146:4
4 His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground;
On that very day his thoughts perish.

Our thoughts perish when we die because our thoughts are contained in our spirit and without spirit we cannot think.

That simple fact explains why Jehovah's spirit can give us strength, especially mental and emotional strength, all he has to do is boost the levels of our spirit and that gives us the equivalent of a turbocharger to our thoughts.

It also explains why some can display so fully the fruits of the spirit Galatians 55:22-26
22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed to the stake the flesh together with its passions and desires.
25 If we are living by spirit, let us also go on walking orderly by spirit. 26 Let us not become egotistical, stirring up competition with one another, envying one another.

In the resurrection Christ will create new physical bodies for us in every way like his was, and also Adam and Eves, and Jehovah will place our spirit in them so we will be exactly as we were when we died, in every sense but the purely physical
Posted by Mhykiel 1 year ago
Mhykiel
Good Job Mad
Posted by Mhykiel 1 year ago
Mhykiel
100% human was never said what that was.

I think MadCornish should elaborate on that memory could be from arrangement of neurons. Meaning someone could be a 100% human vegetable in coma state, or 100% human with memories and thought.

Also what parts make up this 100% human? is there a part that is a connection to a higher consciousness? Is that part in Jesus just opened more, unblocked, turned on. In this way Jesus was 100% human and expressed no new abilities that everyone else can not have. Just that usual everyone else has a blocked connection or the like.

Mad touched on that but could be stronger.
Posted by MadCornishBiker 1 year ago
MadCornishBiker
It rally is so simple.

every one of us has a body, which is made alive by the spirit within it.

Our spirit was give to Adam and Eve and they have passed it down to very one of their descendants.

The spirit that was placed in Jesus perfect human flesh did not come from Mary, it was in fact the already existing spirit of Jehovah's only begotten son.

I don't understand how any find that difficult to follow.
Posted by Throwback 1 year ago
Throwback
This is hilarious! It appears an unarmed assailant attacked MadCornishBiker, challenging him to an intellectual exercise. ROFL!
Posted by johnlubba 4 years ago
johnlubba
Doesn't the resolution speak for itself?
Posted by MadCornishBiker 4 years ago
MadCornishBiker
don't know
Posted by Poetaster 4 years ago
Poetaster
Wut
Vote Placed by Jegory 4 years ago
Jegory
ComposerMadCornishBikerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: PRO basically forfeited R2. In addition, he insults Christianity several times, displaying very bad conduct. Arguments: PRO did nothing to prove that Jesus was not 100% human and barely refuted CON's arguments. Also, PRO did not fulfil his BoP.