Andrew_The_Athiest
martinxbox

IF god exist his would be impossible to understand

Andrew_The_Athiest

Pro

No lets say that the all mighty god exist. The creator of all things existed it would be impossible to understand him, her, or it. My reasoning comes from the fact that in order for something to be a god it would need to be limitless. It couldn't be effected by any physical laws, It would be all seeing, knowing, and the creator of all things. No boundaries could suspend it. Thank you (Who ever may challenge me) and lets have a good debate.
martinxbox

Con

Sounds like an interesting topic. I accept this debate, and look forward to an intellectually stimulating debate.
Andrew_The_Athiest

Pro

So I'm going to start out with Christian god (I will also cover the allah, and other gods in other from other religions). To start off the second round I will go over things in the Bible that I don't think that if god existed would care. Such as

You can't eat pork (lev. 11:7-8)
You can't eat clams, crabs, or oysters (Lev. 11:9-12)
You cant get your hair or beard trimmed (lev. 19:27)
Gay sex, marriage, or dating (Lev. 18:22)
(This is just a small list of useless, stupid, or unnecessary sins.)

You would think if an all mighty god who hated these things would make it humanly impossible for the human mind to come up with these idea therefore making it impossible for someone to do said things.
martinxbox

Con

The premise of this debate is that we are assuming that God does indeed exist. Given that the identity of God differs for different religions, I will speak about God from a broader context and use references from specific religions if needed. I believe for the purpose of this debate and because it is not otherwise specified, we should assume that all manifestations of God from various religions "exist".

Now that we have established that, let's move on to the topic of this debate: That it would be impossible to understand God. I will argue for the viewpoint that it is possible to understand God.

I would like to emphasize that to different people, God can manifest itself differently. To some people, God is a savior that will reward them in the afterlife for their good deeds. Some people fear God, and act in such a way so as to not act against his will. Some people view God as a guide, others may view God as a companion. I think the fundamental point that we should discuss here is his "will", because I think that's what this debate ultimately boils down to. As stated before, people who have their own conceptions of "God" will obviously believe different conceptions of God's will. From their perspective, it would not be "impossible" for them to understand "God" because they have their own lens that they view "God" through. To them, daily events would reaffirm or dismiss instances of God's will to different people. For example, if John barely escapes a car accident, he could assume that this was an example of God giving him a second chance. On the other hand, if we put somebody else, Mark, in the same accident, he could assume that this was an example of God's tyranny.

Let's assume that there is only one singular God who has a definitive will, such as the Judeo-Christian God. Even then, there are people in this world who can understand his "will", for example Jesus Christ. So even though the vast majority, 99.9999% of people would not understand or fully comprehend the depths and scales of God, the example of Jesus Christ who is the Son of God would disprove the notion that it is "impossible" to understand God.
Andrew_The_Athiest

Pro

Andrew_The_Athiest forfeited this round.
martinxbox

Con

martinxbox forfeited this round.
Andrew_The_Athiest

Pro

martinxbox

Con

martinxbox forfeited this round.
Andrew_The_Athiest

Pro

martinxbox

Con

martinxbox forfeited this round.