IQ score determines success to some extent

In this debate, con will argue that IQ scores do not effect success. There is no BOP, only that both sides have to make a logical argument as to whether IQ and success have a correlation. The most logical argument wins.

Trolling and semantics result in automatic forfeit

No harsh or offensive language

Con must present opening argument in round 1

I will rebuttal and make my own points in round 2

Thank you, I look forward to a good debate.

Well, Not necessarily.
IQ points merely determine one's ability to reason (Logical Reasoning).
Success is depends on a lot of things(Sociability, Dedication, Attention and Focus, Cooperation, etc.), in which IQ points are just a small factor.
Yes, Higher IQ could help, but it doesn't mean that if you have a higher IQ you will be more successful.

I would say although not the only thing that determines success, one's IQ score has a dramatic impact on their life and ultimately their success as a person.

The point is simply proven by the fact that if two people are exactly the same socially, work the same amount, have the same attention etc, but one has higher IQ, then the one with a higher IQ would be more successful because he would be able to learn information faster and be more efficient.

Aside from this, there is other strongly compelling data that suggests IQ is strongly correlated to success. People with higher IQ scores score higher on the SAT, leading them to better colleges and ultimately better jobs. The correlation is also shown by an additional $229 per capita GDP for each additional IQ increase of 1 point.

You can see that SAT correlates strongly with per capita income as well, further demonstrating the transitive relationship.

To say that IQ has no effect is silly, but it will be interesting to see how much of an effect my opponent believes it has in the coming rounds

Thalmos forfeited this round.

IssacTheEnlightened2.0 forfeited this round.

Thalmos forfeited this round.
Posted by kasmic 1 year ago
" There is no BOP, only that both sides have to make a logical argument as to whether IQ and success have a correlation."

I think showing correlation would be easy.

Causation on the other hand...
Posted by IssacTheEnlightened2.0 1 year ago
Wasn't smart enough to realize he had to pay taxes!
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
I'd like to point out that Al Capone had a low iq score but made massive moolah