Nutler17
harrytruman

IS God Real or Fake?

harrytruman
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Nutler17

Con

I believe that there is no god there is no higher being. There is no proof of one, so many people are blinded by religion.
harrytruman

Pro

There were 3 million witnesses of G-d giving Moses the Torah on Mt. Sinai, I provided proof, thus- I win.
Nutler17

Con

Ok really no, where do you here that story from the bible which is made up of fake stories. The whole book is a joke its about people living to 350 years old. Another joke is that 2 people repopulated the earth, which doesn't make any sense. How can two people do that its physically impossible, another thing him its just to people after the first couple "kids" thoose kids would have to repopulate and that would be incest, so every child after that would be mentally challenged. I make my point.
harrytruman

Pro

People lived longer back then and there was more genetic diversity and less genetic flaws, thus people would be able to have children with relatives without genetic issues.
Nutler17

Con

Nutler17 forfeited this round.
Nutler17

Con

Nutler17 forfeited this round.
Posted by corporealbeing 11 months ago
corporealbeing
Even though I don't believe in god, I have to say that the instigator's argument was very weak. Then, he/she dropped out of the debate. Very disappointing.
Posted by lightseeker 11 months ago
lightseeker
@ dtien400
i did not say everything truly needs a creator in order to exist, i wrote (in other posts) that everything which is a creature of possible existence, need a creator, and can only be created by something which is a being of imperative existence.

about things being created by chance:
chance is against science, and we live a scientific world. if we believe in chance, all of science we believe in will be uprooted. because chance, has no law.

about things being created:
everything which is created has a creator, life was created, life has a creator. so we should either believe that the universe created life, or something else created it.

about the Ferrari metaphor:
if something is created and completed during billions and billions of years, there is all the more reason to prove something governed it's evolution. that something either has to be the universe, or something else.

as for the equilibrium
study the law of entropy, it says: "a perpetual motion machine is impossible." meaning mass will eventually come to a halt.
Posted by dtien400 11 months ago
dtien400
@lightseeker

If everything truly needs a creator in order to exist, who then created God? Who plants the seeds of every single plant that sprouts? I also disagree with the use of your Ferrari metaphor. A Ferrari is complex in nature and is designed relatively quickly. The Earth was created slowly and began simply, becoming complex only over billions upon billions of years.

And just because something was not created by an intelligent designer does not mean it was never created; it means it was created by chance. I'm not sure what science there is behind your "equilibrium" argument, as it seems a bit illogical to me. I'd love to see it though. Please don't take any offense to this, I'm just postulating.

@PonticGreekMacedonian

As to your question about apes, apes are no longer evolving into humans as they have no need to. They are not receiving enough pressure from their environments to adapt in such a way that would mean they would need to change species.
Posted by lightseeker 11 months ago
lightseeker
nope, no one saw him talking to God there. instead in his absence they said that no one can stay alive for forty days in a mountain without food and water. what they saw, was him coming back and bringing commandments. when he came back he saw people are worshiping an idol made of gold. the same people didn't obey him when he told them to enter the city, which in return they told him, you and your God go there and take it, after that we will enter the city. and because of their disobedience God made them wander the desert for forty years, in which years, Moses Died.
Posted by harrytruman 11 months ago
harrytruman
@lightseeker
Yeah he went up onto Mt. Sinia alone, but there were witnesses around the mountain that could still see it.
Posted by lightseeker 11 months ago
lightseeker
@ There were 3 million witnesses of G-d giving Moses the Torah on Mt. Sinai, I provided proof, thus- I win.

actually Moses went there alone. so no eye witnesses.
Posted by lightseeker 1 year ago
lightseeker
well do u believe that you exist? if so, then did you create yourself or did something like you created you?

when u see a Ferrari, do u think that it created itself or you think that it has a creator?

if the world did not have a creator, it means it has always been around, and something that has always been around will come to a state of equilibrium after a while, so why is that that the world is still moving? why is it still changing?

everything that has order, has a Moderator, a governor, and this world has order, so it has a governor.
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
Why do you accept the testimony of other people and say that its grounds to believe in G-d.
Posted by PonticGreekMacedonian 1 year ago
PonticGreekMacedonian
I have faith that he exists!
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
Faith?
Vote Placed by WampumDP 12 months ago
WampumDP
Nutler17harrytruman
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Childish argument on the con side