zaidi
Samcoder1

ISIS is against islam

zaidi

Con

ISIS is against. that organization having rude and extremists type rules and regulation but on the other hand Islam is peaceful . Best example is 8 hegira fatah e makkah . prophet Muhammad (SAWW) give message of peace
Samcoder1

Pro

ISIS is intent on establishing an Islamic state and quotes scripture with each attack. Although perhaps founded due to political instability in the middle east, ISIS quite clearly is an extremely religious organisation with suicide bombers intent on seeing a martyrs paradise, and using the teachings of Mohammed as inspiration for many of their horrific crimes. Islam is by no means a peaceful religion, and ISIS is simply a reflection of that glaringly obvious point.
zaidi

Con

zaidi forfeited this round.
Samcoder1

Pro

Nothing to rebutt, I stand by my case, Islam is not peaceful. I'm sure that lots of muslims are against what ISIS do, however that does not mean the ideology is fundamentally opposed to what ISIS does.
zaidi

Con

zaidi forfeited this round.
Posted by Thiest_1998 1 year ago
Thiest_1998
Quran 9:29 isis are with Muslims all the way (not all Muslims believe that what isis is doing is good)
Posted by Samcoder1 1 year ago
Samcoder1
PiyushSwami, you are saying that when the prophet was alive he spoke of integration and egalitarianism? Mohammed was a war lord who marched an Islamic army against Mecca and sought the destruction of his enemies. Roughly 1,000 people died in his wars, he was a very divisive leader who only sought peace if it were found under an Islamic state. One could argue his motives were justified, however this is not a peaceful man. This is a bold military leader. All of this is assuming his actions are all to be looked at in Islam. The Qu'ran is full of criticism for infidels and apostates, which doesn't sound like integration to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
Posted by PiyushSwami 1 year ago
PiyushSwami
Well from the previous comments I can clearly see the anti-islam fundamentalism of the people. A great degree of inconsistency with arguments is clearly visible.
First lets understand what are we talking about; are we talking about the inherent characteristics of Islam or the diluted version of it?
If we go in the history of Islamic tradition, we would find the basic characteristics of Islam that are:
1. Integrated
2. Egalitarian
3. Monotheistic

Now the first two characteristics very well indicates that the foundation of Islam is very well built as a peaceful religion.
There are two basic reason(according to my understanding) which leads Islam to the current position

1. After the death of the prophet, some radical changes started to happen in Islam. "Rise of a priestly class i.e. Ullemas" is one of them. This class was highly orthodox in nature and it did stop the positive development in the Islam. The rise military dynamism is another reason of this.

2. Because at that time a great amount of conversion was happening (villages of villages were converting), so the assimilation of the local tribal characteristics happened in Islam.

So basically these are the reason of the dilution of Islam.
The only thing I wanted to prove is that Islam as a religion is not violent.
Posted by Samcoder1 1 year ago
Samcoder1
ISIS very clearly are muslims, they use islamic scripture and pray to the same God as other muslims, they simply have a different, radical interpretation of the text. Nonetheless 'moderate' muslim countries and groups still have enormous problems with women and homosexuals, and still have extreme views by western standards. Just look at the penalties for adultery and apostasy in islamic countries. It is barbaric, although not on the level of ISIS. To claim Islam is peaceful after what we see from radicals and moderates alike is to simply lie. I'm sure you are a perfectly nice person, however I think you are in a minority when it comes to Islamic tolerance.
Posted by XxMelissaxX 1 year ago
XxMelissaxX
Honestly, proper Muslims hate ISIS. I, myself am a Muslim, and hate ISIS. They go against all the Islamic violations and boundaries. I have no idea what is wrong with ISIS or what their real intention is because whatever it is, it isn't good. Many Sheikhs and Imams give lectures about how bad ISIS is. Islam is a religion of peace, people just don't do it right. I'm a Muslim, do I encourage fighting? No. Do I agree with ISIS? No. I honestly, don't even say that ISIS are "Muslims". Because they're not. They are NOT Muslims. A Muslim does not act like that at all! They are some stupid people trying to take over the world. I have no idea what type of "Islam" they are trying to spread because Islam isn't supposed to be the way they follow it.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
islam is a zombie virus