If God farted, would it smell beautiful or disgusting?

In this debate, I will argue that if God farted, it would smell beautiful like a spring meadow. My opponent must argue otherwise.

First round is for acceptance.

I will be debating on how God's farts would wipe out life on Earth.

My case is outlined as such: If God is an omnibenevolent being, his farts must be benevolent, too. Here is my argument:

P1: God, in his omnipotence, can fart.
P2: God's farts do not smell evil.
C: God's farts smell like a spring meadow and are good for humans and bad for liberals and Obama followers.

This argument is logically valid. Why? Because God!!!1
Now I will prove that it's logically sound.

Defense of P1

This one should be obvious. If we humans can fart, the first fart must have had a first cause.

P1: Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
P2: Farts began to exist.
C: Farts have a cause.

Since we humans can fart, and have been for millions of years, there must have been a first cause behind it all. The cause is obviously an intelligent being, since farts do not appear from nowhere. Therefore, as the creator of farts, God farts, too.

Defense of P2

Now, Gos is omnibenevolent and omnipotent, right? If that's the case, God's omnipotence grants him the power of producing sweet smelling gas, and his omnibenevolence makes him do it, anyway. Therefore, God's farts smell good to humans and only bad to liberals and Obama-ists.

I have demonstrated how good God's farts are through the power of logic. I await my opponent's rebuttal.

ksteelers forfeited this round.

Since my opponent has not posted an argument, I can only assume he's inhaled the wonderful farts of God and has been convinced they're beautiful. But in the unlikely event that he has not, I shall extend my argument!

First off, I apologise for not having time to post my first argument. I guess God's fart had me knocked out for the past few days. :P

Let's begin.

Usually, a fart doesn't smell all that pleasant. This is due to tiny percent of hydrogen sulfide gas.

Now let's imagine a scenario where we're stuck sitting next to someone on the subway who's extremely gassy. What would happen if they passed gas? Would you sniff it and think that it's the most pleasant smell, or would you try and cover your nose?

Now imagine if God had his butt facing the Earth and ripped a large on towards the people. Because God is a much larger being than us humans, we can assume that his farts would contain more hydrogen sulfide gas than us. Since we are created in his image, we could also safely assume that he must be a humanoid figure with the same functions as us. If that fart reached our planet, I'm pretty sure everyone would be covering their noses due to the smell.

It may be true that he could be able to change the scent of his farts so that they would smell pleasant, but that would imply that his farts weren't intended to smell pleasant but disgusting in the first place.

With that in mind, I can assume that his farts do not smell good, but are stinky.

Posted by Pitbull15 2 years ago
Lol that's fine. It happens.
Posted by ksteelers 2 years ago
I'm sorry for not posting an argument. I had a busy weekend. >.<
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
God's farts would have to be pretty vile to beat mine after a night of hot pizza (with egg on top) and beer.
Posted by ksteelers 2 years ago
That's what I meant.
Posted by Youth 2 years ago
Whoa. Con is taking the wrong stance unless he/she means that a disgusting fart would kill all life.
Posted by Youth 2 years ago
Vote Placed by Romanii 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro for Con's FF. However, Con provided a more logical, scientific argument for why a God Fart would smell bad.