ConserativeDemocrat
Briannj17

If God was a person, he would be arrested.

ConserativeDemocrat

ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

This is a debate topic I have not seen before, so I created it.

Full Resolution: Assuming what God has done in the Christian Bible is true, and assuming God was a person who lived in America, he would be arrested.

Structure:

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Arguments. NO REBUTTALS
Round 3: Counter arguments / New arguments
Round 4: Counter arguments. NO NEW ARGUMENTS
Round 5: Conclusion / Counter arguments

Rules:

1) FF is an automatic 7 point loss
2) Follow the structure
3) No trolling, kritkiks, semantics and so on
4) Only accept if you will debate all 5 rounds
5) Cite sources
Briannj17

Con

I aceept and am looking forward to what you will share.
ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

Thank you for accepting! I am looking forward to an interesting debate.

My argument:
Here I will list some of the crimes God has committed, and I will give an explanation of them.

Murder:
Conservative estimates are that God has killed around 25 million people in the bible. That includes innocent children.
A few verses about murder:

1) Noah's Ark: All flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. Genesis 7.21-23
2) Sodam and Gomorah: The LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven.
These are 2 out of hundreds of times God has murdered.
Punishment: Execution or life in prison with no parole.

Genocide:
On multiple occasions, God destroys entire groups of people. That is genocide.
A few verses about genocide:

1) Massacre of Anakites: And they utterly destroyed them and their cities. 21.3b

2) Massacre of Midinites: And Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18
Punishment: Life in prison without parole or execution.

Rape: God repeatedly commands his followers to kill, and also to rape the survivors of the massacres. Not only that, but the only punishment God would give to a rapist is to pay 50 shekels of silver to the father of the victim, not the victim, and for the rapist to marry the victim. That is immoral. Even worse, if a betrothed women gets raped, she will get stoned to death for the heinous crime of..... Not crying for help. That is despicable.
Verses:

1) Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

2) Deuteronomy 20:10-14
Punishment: Several years in prison.

Infanticide and the killing of children:
Multiple times, God kills infants and kids. That is one of the worst crimes you can commit: killing an innocent human who is young and has barely experienced life.

Verses:
1)Leviticus 20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him."

2) Noah's Flood

3) 1 Samuel 15:3 God commands the death of helpless "suckling" infants. This literally means that the children god killed were still nursing.
Punishment: Execution or life in prison.

Arson:
In the story of Sodam and Gomorah, God burns down 2 cities, destroying people's homes and belongings, and killing them. The verses are above.
Punishment: 10 years to life

War Crimes:
Multiple times, God commands his followers to burn worship centers of other people when they invaded their city. That is a war crime. Also, when you are at war, you are not allowed to target civilians, which God's followers and him repeatedly ignore.
Punishment: Life in prison.

So I have posted some of the crimes God has commited in the bible. The sad part is, there are many more crimes that I have not listed. But, these few crimes are all that is needed to prove my point: If God was a person, he would be arrested. To better explain my point, assuming all God has done in the bible is true, and assuming he became a mortal human on Earth, he would be arrested. That is undeniable.
Preemptive rebuttal. A claim my opponent is that since God is our creator, he can do what he likes. This is false. That is equivalent to saying, "Our parents created is, so they can do what they want." No. You can't just say it is ok to kill living beings because you are the creator of them. You are not just deleting a bunch of code, you are deleting a living, breathing, thinking, feeling human. That is abhorrent. So I believe my case is solid. Good luck!

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com...
evil bible.com
Briannj17

Con

Okay time to take care of business.

First of all we are assuming an almighty omnipotent God from the Bible exists. First of all I would like to point out the impossibility of God being a person. Second I'd like to point out that God is who decides what is right and wrong and it is him that makes a crime a crime so on that note God must be blameless. Now onto arguments.

God Is Creator and Moderator

God of the old testament created all things. Life is a gift from God. Without God nothing would be possible and if God was arrested more lives would be lost and satan would be in control therfore making it dangerous to arrest God.

God is a people person

Since God created man he obviously has a love for us. This love is shown through the Bible. God had the chance to wipe out the human race but decided against it and that alone should prove how God's love is more overpowering than any crimes against him. Especially when you realize how much more good came from God than bad. In fact nothing bad ever came from God but from satan.

In conclusion...

That is about all I can say in this round since burden of proof lies primarily on you I will mostly focus on rebutting your claims.
ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

Hmm...

Rebuttals:
"God of the old testament created all things. Life is a gift from God. Without God nothing would be possible and if God was arrested more lives would be lost and satan would be in control therfore making it dangerous to arrest God."
-This is irrelevant. Modern society wouldn't care, when we see a murderer, we arrest them.

"Since God created man he obviously has a love for us. This love is shown through the Bible. God had the chance to wipe out the human race but decided against it and that alone should prove how God's love is more overpowering than any crimes against him. Especially when you realize how much more good came from God than bad. In fact nothing bad ever came from God but from satan."
-Not according to the verses I showed. Truthfully, the only thing God did good for humans was create them. In the rest of the bible, he kills millions of his creation. And for a preemptive rebuttal, just because God created us, doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants with us. Take our parents for example. If they kill us, they get arrested. If they force us to do something wrong, they could lose custody. If they rape, beat, or neglect us, they can lose custody and get arrested. Why? Because they are hurting living, breathing, thinking person. Killing a human is the worst crime one can commit; you remove that person's past memories, his conscience, and all of his future memories forever. You also can destroy the person's family, and their loved ones. That worst crime ever. That is no different for God. So as you see, God doesn't get a "Get out of jail free" pass.

"First of all we are assuming an almighty omnipotent God from the Bible exists. First of all I would like to point out the impossibility of God being a person."
-I said no kritkiks...

"Second I'd like to point out that God is who decides what is right and wrong and it is him that makes a crime a crime so on that note God must be blameless."
-So then you are saying God is a hypocrite? And God doesn't decide what is right and wrong; morality is subjective.
I have question: Does God say murder is wrong because it is wrong, or is murder wrong because God says it is wrong?

-So if a person decides not to kill every single person on the planet they created, that proves their love is strong???
Also, Satan killed like 10 people max. God killed 25 million people in the bible. So by basic logic, God is worse then Satan.

To conclude, I believe my point stands. I have countered my opponent's rebuttals, and I have shown God's crimes, proving that if God existed as a human, he would be arrested. Good luck!
Briannj17

Con

Briannj17 forfeited this round.
ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

Since my opponent forfeited, I get the 7 points.
Briannj17

Con

Briannj17 forfeited this round.
Briannj17

Con

Briannj17 forfeited this round.
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
You are creating a fallacy one that is impossible.
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
No, the real problem here was if God was a person he would not be able to do what he did.
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Not sure why people are having a hard time understanding the resolution.
Posted by ConserativeDemocrat 1 year ago
ConserativeDemocrat
@ lord_megatron That's why I said "Assuming God is a person"
Posted by lord_megatron 1 year ago
lord_megatron
Well God ain't a human or a normal person, so I guess different laws apply to him and therefore he won't be arrested
ConserativeDemocrat
@corporealbeing valid point. But, I did say "Assuming the bible was true".
@David_Debate Are they not the same person. But to clarify, it would be god, not jesus
Posted by corporealbeing 1 year ago
corporealbeing
This debate sounds fairly interesting. However, if God was a person, he would be able to do some of the atrocious things he did. For instance, the Great Flood. A person cannot flood the earth.
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
To clear this up, are you arguing that God the Father would be arrested, the Holy Spirit would be arrested, or that (what I think you're arguing) Jesus Christ would be arrested?
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Lack of evidence.
Vote Placed by That1User 1 year ago
That1User
ConserativeDemocratBriannj17Tied
Reasons for voting decision: "1) FF is an automatic 7 point loss" Con forfeited, thus he loses 7 points