julieraerose
MikeTheGOd

If God were real, (she, he) would be a homicidal manic.

julieraerose

Pro

A believer would take his son up the side of a mountain and sacrifice him TODAY, to prove your loyalty to god.
MikeTheGOd

Con

Well my response is Jesus was 100% deity and 100% man (scriptures= Philippians 2:5-15 and Hebrew 4:4-16

Jesus wasn't a homicidal maniac and he was the closest thing you will ever see to god.

Next the 10 commandments says no killing so even if god decided to use a human body forever he wouldn't violate his own commandments.

I provided a small response because my opponeont provided a small argument just for those who are wondering. Didn't want to over respond.
julieraerose

Pro

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. (John 3:16- 17)
God made the rules, why would God so filled with love and grace, sacrifice his son to a horrific death, to pay for the sins he had given people?
That is psychotic. When your making the rules to your game, and one of them is to sacrifice your son. To expect a man to sacrifice his son to prove his loyalty. 1. How could this make sense to anyone? 2. How can people believe this is a wonderful thing, worthy of their love, devotion and worship? The DSM-5, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders is where you will find a more accurate description of God.
MikeTheGOd

Con

Ok i suggest i can of help my opponent understand God becuase he is kind of lost. Then i will defend myself more. First of all he states this ,"to pay for the sins he had given people?" God didn't just have a hand full of sin and throw it onto the planet. In fact as shown in Genisis God made the world and he saw that it was good. He didn't create the world for evil his purpose for manifesting the Earth was for good. Another thing to consider is what God wants us to do
1. Micha 6:8 - He hath shewed thee, O man, what [is] good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
2.Galations 5:22- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
3. John 4:22 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.
There's many scriptures of course that descibe God's purpose for us but look at the last one. God wants us to worship him so this further disproves your claim that God wanted sin to be here. Also again what most people know who don't even believe in God and what i want you to know as well is that Adam and Eve caused sin to exist in this world. Because they ate from the tree Sin manifested. The punishment for Eve was of course the painful process that women have now giving birth. ALso they were baned from the Garden.
Now to your next point which is really just a question for me to answer.
Conclusion: God didn't want to give up his son. No one does ovboiuslly but becuase of Adam and Eve he had to. That's why religions that worship Adam and Eve are wrong. However you ask a question that actully is a good quesiton to ask. And i will answer it so you actully understand what you aredebating about. Why would god sarifice his son? Why would he do it for no reason isn't that ludicrous, isn't that crazy? Yes it is, the point however is God didn't sacrifice his son for no reason.
1. IF god didn't sacrfice his son we would all be going to hell because sin would continue to flourish. He sent JEsus cause of our sins.
1 Peter 3:18 - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Isaiah 53:5 - But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
2. In fact Jesus when ressurected even took away the keys of hell from the devil as shown in Mathews 12:40. The devil had the keys to hell and we were doomed for hell.
3. The last reason is one you might not have heard of. God sacrifieced his son to provide a sort of roadmap to make it to heaven.
Repentence:
God has offered a way for us to repent. WE now can say we are sorry for our sins and turn our life over to God.
Baptism
Baptism is not an option; there is no such thing in the Bible as a Christian who was not baptized.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Sub point A: You must be immersed in water
Because Jesus was baptized by immersion
Because every baptism in the Bible is by immersion
Because that's precisely what the word baptism means
Because it is the best portrayal of a burial and resurrection

Sub point B: You must be baptized in Jesus name
Every baptism in acts was performed in Jesus' name.

THE DAY OF PENTECOST: Acts 2:38- be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins

THE SAMARITANS: Acts 8:16- they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus

THE HOUSE OF CORNELIUS: Acts 10:48- he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord

THE DISCIPLES OF JOHN: Acts 19:5- they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Conclusioni: All of this was provided beuase of Jesus
Then the holy ghost

Romans 8:14-16 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

• You know you have received the Holy Ghost by speaking in tongues.

• Scriptures for this= Isaiah 28-with stammering lips and another tongues

• Joel 2- I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh

• Acts 2- Jewish disciples on the Day of Pentecost

• Acts 10

• Acts 19- disciples of John the Baptist

• Mark 16-17

• John 7:38-39

Jesus didn't die for nothing. He died so we could have a way to heaven. God sent his son to spread the apostolic doctrine, his son taught us what was needed and he died so we could have a way to leave this planet.

julieraerose

Pro

I have to tell you that I instigated this debate in response to the criteria needed to post a comment on another debate. I apologize for my initial lack of thoughtlessness and disregard for everyone related to this forum. You were good enough to respond to a topic so vague the issue isn't even apparent. I appreciate your knowledge of the bible, your faith and the time and effort you have invested to share it with me. Thank you.
My point is there is no God. There is no proof, only faith. When you ask, why would God favor the People of the United States over Nigeria, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan? Watch them starve, suffer and die from disease when he could end it. Watching people, women, children and babies all over the world as they are abused, neglected, raped, tortured, and murdered. All the while listening to each and everyone of their prayers begging for his help.
If the only unanswered prayers were those of non Christians you could say, well that's what happens when you don't turn your life over to the lord, ask for forgiveness and be baptized. The suffering in the world are not asking for the road map to heaven, they are asking for relief from their suffering on earth.
If this is the will of God, how could you not see him as a homicidal maniac. Why hasn't God demanded any human sacrifices lately? Maybe he has and they were mistakenly sent to prison.
MikeTheGOd

Con

As a response to your question God still demands sacrifices just not the same as before. The reason sacrifices were bigger and the reason why animals had to be sacrificed is because Jesus hadn't died on the cross for our sins and presented a method to help us get rid ofthe sins we were born into. Back then you had to sacrifice animals since yeah this wasn't an option. Now you simply have to sacrifice maybe that girl you slept with on the side or an offering or sacrifice your time, or fast and sacrifice eatig. Now it's yes easier then back then, you don't have to literarrly died for God because Jesus already died for our sins.

He died for our sins so WE don't have to die on a cross or whatever. That was the reason God sacrificed himself so we don't have too.

I presented the path that GOd offered for us in the last round, but yeah God wouldn't send his son to die for no reason. NO one would o such a thing, God sent his son to die for us becuase he loved us and didn't want us to suffer the same fate and end up in hell which is where we were destined.
Posted by MikeTheGOd 1 year ago
MikeTheGOd
explanation for my Gods purpose argument. What I am saying is why would God support sin if sin is the opposite of his purpose?
Posted by MikeTheGOd 1 year ago
MikeTheGOd
First of all Adam and Eve created sin. They ate from the tree of knowledge. God punished Eve by making her go through a painful method to give birth (which is our modern day pregnancy). And of course now the world has sin. God didn't manifest sin or the opportunity to commit sin. But anyway I'll provide a response with some scriptures tommorow. i also find it important for people to understand what they are debating about before they debate it. You don't know much about God and I am willing to provide some more information in response to clarify that for you. I debate on a team in real life and it's Intrinsic to know the arguments and ideas for both sides. This is still a debate however my response will serve as clarification for you.
Posted by julieraerose 1 year ago
julieraerose
As a non-believer, the point I want to make is a true believer would do it. This is my first time if you have suggestions I happy to hear them. I wasn't prepared to do this.
Posted by MikeTheGOd 1 year ago
MikeTheGOd
Nvm I get what you mean you mean if God was a person
Posted by MikeTheGOd 1 year ago
MikeTheGOd
Also the resolution assumes God is not real, I suggest you fix that if you want anyone to accept this. I might if you yeah
Posted by MikeTheGOd 1 year ago
MikeTheGOd
Is this like a troll debate?