lol101
Baker532

If Mario and Luigi fought, (to the death) Mario would win.

lol101
Started: 9/22/2015 Category: Games

lol101

Pro

Round 1 is acceptance

Ni kritiks/semantics
Baker532

Con

I accept your debate parameters
lol101

Pro

Argument #1: Mario is much faster than Luigi

https://www.youtube.com...

At 3:03, you see a scene of Mario running almost as fast as Samus' 550 mph missile. This means that Mario's maximum speed is at about 545-550 mph, which is much faster than any speed that Luigi can run at. Since both have practically the same abilities and power-ups, the one thing that differenciates the bros is speed. Since this is the one major difference, Mario will likely defeat Luigi due to being too fast for Luigi to catch.

Baker532

Con

By creation, Mario was intended to be a 'balance' character. Luigi was created to be a 'fast' character. Also, according to the game "Luigi's Mansion," Mario was captured, and Luigi saved him by defeating King Boo, something Mario was not capable of.
lol101

Pro

I would appreciate if you elaborated on your argument. Please prove that Mario is not capable of defeating King Boo.

Also, I provided evidence as to why Mario is faster, so your argument about Luigi being faster is invalid.
Baker532

Con

In Super Mario Bros. 2, it was learned that Luigi can actually jump higher than Mario. However, he's also slower and has worse traction. Some games including Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl supported the fact that Luigi is faster and can jump higher than Mario but his strength and power are slightly weaker.

src: https://www.google.com...

lol101

Pro

It doesn't matter if Luigi can go a little faster than Mario in some of the games. We're talking maximum speed here. I had already posted a source showing that Mario is near 550 mph, and you must debunk that by proving Luigi can exceed 550 mph.
Baker532

Con

I don't see how a fanfiction Mario vs. Sonic Youtube video proves anything at all.
lol101

Pro

Because it shows a real source from an actual game. You still haven't proven anything to me, and you can't post a new argument, since it's the last round and I couldn't refute it.
Baker532

Con

People, vote con
Posted by Benjiboy960 1 year ago
Benjiboy960
Luigi is obviously the upper of the two Mario Bros.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Also Oro (my profile pic) would snipe John Cena to oblivion.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Nope. Mario survived a supernova and lifted a castle.
Posted by JohnnnnCENNNAAAA 1 year ago
JohnnnnCENNNAAAA
To be honest, i believe the John Cena would win! Allahu Akbar!
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
*No kritiks

Don't use this against me. Auto correct did it.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Nvm
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Accept then.
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
ClashnBoom
I did the exact same debate but opposite I said Luigi would win.
Vote Placed by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
lol101Baker532Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's argument was significantly weakened by the fact that they did not post an argument in the final round where they were required to. Although this was not the intention of the debate, the resolution of the debate could have been who is faster, Mario or Luigi. In the end Pro got the last laugh since Con was unable to respond to the fact that it was actual game play footage in the video. Con failed to provide a source for all of their arguments - excluding R3 and Pro's source was essentially the topic of the debate so it had more relevance than the source provided by Con.