PowerPikachu21
Richardsonalj

If Pokemon existed in real life, you will die.

PowerPikachu21
Started: 10/9/2015 Category: Games

PowerPikachu21

Pro

It's true if a giant rock snake (Onyx) used Body Slam, that would greatly injure a human being. If someone is indeed able to prove Pokemon can't kill you if they existed within our world, try.
Richardsonalj

Con

It's true that if they existed in our world, an Onyx would kill us, but in the Pokemon Universe, there's a way around it.
I would love to discuss the theory with you, but that'll have to wait after you post your argument. Good luck.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

Here's my argument:

Every Pokemon has some power. Whether it be fire, electricity, martial arts, or darkness. Any of these can injure if not kill at human being.

You might say "Pokemon Battle", but you would need a Pokemon in order to battle. How might one go about getting one? A pokeball might suffice, but the pokemon might either spot you before you throw the pokeball, you might miss the throw, or the Pokemon would escape the pokeball because you couldn't lower its HP. A cage wouldn't work so well as it would be made of metal, which conducts fire and electricity, or the pokemon has a move such as Bullet Seed, which can go through the small gaps. And chances are, it'll likely find a way to escape the cage.

I await my opponent's response.
Richardsonalj

Con

Richardsonalj forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

Just as I suspected; he forfeited.

My opponent said "It's true that if they existed in our world, an Onyx would kill us," he's agreeing that pokemon can indeed kill us. If he isn't conceding his position here, then I don't know. "in the Pokemon Universe, there's a way around it." Pokemon Universe? This is changing the resolution of "If pokemon existed IN REAL LIFE". The Pokemon Universe is irrelevant, and in my opinion; cheating.

Here's why:

1) It's a cartoon: cartoon characters can't be killed. If Ash gets electrocuted by his Pikachu, he'll live because he's a cartoon character

2) The manga: It's also a cartoon, just in book form. It has different characters, but still a cartoon. They can't be killed.

3) In the video games, the characters don't get attacked. Sure in Pokemon Coliseum the shadow pokemon can become raged (I believe that was the term, but I forgot) and attack Wes (the main protagonist). Wes only gets pushed back, as far as we see. No matter how many times it has happened, he survives with barely even a scratch on his body. (because he's a video game character, and he's intended to live, despite getting injured by his shadow pokemon)

I have shown why we can't include the pokemon universe into this debate, therefore I don't see how Con will counter in Round 3, if he'll participate. BoP is on Con to prove that pokemon aren't capable of killing a human being in real life. The Pokemon Universe, like I said, does NOT count as we are not in a video game or a cartoon. (Cartoon characters that resemble you or are you do NOT count) I wish you luck. (And vote Pro!)
Richardsonalj

Con

Richardsonalj forfeited this round.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I thought I'd get a serious debate. :/ Ah well.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I think he's timing out. :(
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Is Con waiting until the last possible hour? I hope so, or else he'll time out, not sharing his "theory" with me. Not like he was paying attention to the resolution of "If pokemon EXISTED IN REAL LIFE" the pokemon universe is irrelevant. I'll explain further in Round 3 why we shouldn't consider the Pokemon Universe.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I've noticed a flaw I didn't explain in Round 2, I'll get to that in round 3.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
PowerPikachu21RichardsonaljTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture