Witty11
Puck

If Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny were in a brawl who would win I say the Bunny

Witty11

Pro

The Easter Bunny is the better choice for many reasons the first being that the Easter Bunny can throw eggs and Santa can't. Also the Easter Bunny has an army of rabbits that is so massive that it would out number elves 7 to 1 and they have teeth so the elves are kinda screwed. Also Bunnies are faster than fat men in red suits and midgets with short legs.
Puck

Con

"The Easter Bunny is the better choice for many reasons the first being that the Easter Bunny can throw eggs and Santa can't."

Chocolate eggs are dangerous? I don't think so, especially given Santa has a hefty layer of protective fat and nice thick woolen clothing! Plus we are talking about a mutagenic bunny with poorly formed grasping digits. :/

The eggs, if able to be thrown would crack, fall, bounce off, fall short - and that's assuming a stationary Santa. The calculations for the speed of Santa traveling are varied, but range from the high 100s to 1000s of km/h. Mutagenic bunny would have trouble even seeing Old St Nick, let alone harming him.

http://www.snopes.com...
http://www.thesun.co.uk...

Of course Santa, if desirable, could simply run into our unfortunate pagan remnant. At those speeds, the only result would be a bloody snow stained rabbit smear.

"Also the Easter Bunny has an army of rabbits that is so massive that it would out number elves 7 to 1 and they have teeth so the elves are kinda screwed."

I wasn't aware the Easter bunny commanded minions, certainly not part of a standard doctrine/mythos I'm aware of. Certainly not in relation to how many elves either. In any event, the Christmas elves share a pagan heritage with your bunny and are not simply small men with pointed ears, being magical in nature (more gnomish than elven), also prone to bursts of capriciousness (see Black Peter, writings of Rydberg). Magic Scandinavian, yeah we knew mighty Thor, gnomes vs. fluffy grass loving hippie, yeah we knew a chick associated with springtime and sex, bunnies ...

Elves win.

http://www.helium.com...
http://www.vaidilute.com...

"Also Bunnies are faster than fat men in red suits and midgets with short legs."

Mr fat man has his reindeer and sleigh: super fast battering ram! Gnomes have magic.. and a factory.. a magic one..
it lets them make things.. like oh say, tranquiliser guns! Magic tranquiliser guns and just plain magic vs. ooo I'm a gonna gnaw at your boots...

Elves win.
Witty11

Pro

Chocolate eggs are dangerous?" no one said that these were chocolate eggs in fact eggs are often associated with death and in the past have been filled with poison and glass. "Santa has a hefty layer of protective fat" fat is not protective if a fat person is cut do they still bleed? Of course they do. "The eggs, if able to be thrown would crack, fall, bounce off, fall short" I would like to know why eggs would not brake and send glass and poison on to fatty. Second the Easter bunny is a giant bundle of muscle and would not have any problems getting an egg to its target. "poorly formed grasping digits" you your self said he was "Mutagenic bunny" so why would he have poor grasping digits he could have four thumbs which would obviously mean he could grasp some thing. Taken this into account he would be able to throw as far as he wanted. "range from the high 100s to 1000s of km/h." as we know this only counts if he is on his sleigh and no one sits down all the time and if so how would Saint Nick hurt the Easter Bunny he would be in the air.
Mutagenic- An agent, such as a chemical, ultraviolet light, or a radioactive element, that can induce or increase the frequency of mutation in an organism.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
http://www.thesun.co.uk...
http://www.spike.com...

"Of course Santa, if desirable, could simply run into our unfortunate pagan remnant. At those speeds, the only result would be a bloody snow stained rabbit smear." this makes no sense! and sense when are rabbits pagan

"Thor, gnomes vs. fluffy grass loving hippie," as you both said before Mutagenic Bunnies are not the same as regular bunnies and nothing close to grass loving hippies.
"are not simply small men with pointed ears, being magical in nature (more gnomish than elven), also prone to bursts of capriciousness (see Black Peter, writings of Rydberg). Magic Scandinavian, yeah we knew mighty Thor" this is a stretch don't ya think and an authors opinion does not change the general idea of a Christmas elf.

"yeah we knew a chick associated with springtime and sex, bunnies ..." what does this have to do with anything and it is also quite volger.

"Mr fat man has his reindeer and sleigh: super fast battering ram!" once again he would be in the air so this has no affect.
"Gnomes have magic" these gnomes you speak of are still elves and are not magical they are just good workers.

"like oh say, tranquiliser guns! Magic tranquiliser guns and just plain magic vs. ooo I'm a gonna gnaw at your boots..."
elves only make toys and that is not a toy. Also it is more like bite your head off!

http://skirt.com...
http://www.claus.com...
Puck

Con

"no one said that these were chocolate eggs in fact eggs are often associated with death and in the past have been filled with poison and glass."

I think you mean grenades. :P Where are these "often associated" evidences linking them to the Easter bunny?

Glass eggs, like Faberge eggs are just as likely to break when you hold them, as not, and not constituting as eggs, just mimicries of them. Where does an easter bunny gain access to these? Clearly this is a made up tactic by my opponent in an attempt to make the Easter Bunny seem more militant. It's a ploy not rooted in reality, the Easter Bunny does not have access to these eggs. Even if such eggs were proven, the Easter Bunny is a motif of Eostre, a Goddess associated with life, rebirth and renewal - not, Apocalypse Now: rabbit edition.

"fat is not protective if a fat person is cut do they still bleed?"

Fat helps with the whole: haha you threw an egg, watch it bounce off me. See oh, Sumo wrestlers running into something.

"I would like to know why eggs would not brake and send glass and poison on to fatty."

Because they are eggs, not glass or poison for a start. A broken egg is just yolk or chocolate. Smelly, yes, deadly not likely.

"Second the Easter bunny is a giant bundle of muscle and would not have any problems getting an egg to its target"

Sure. It is also a rabbit. With paws.

"as we know this only counts if he is on his sleigh and no one sits down all the time and if so how would Saint Nick hurt the Easter Bunny he would be in the air."

Because the sleigh is pulled by reindeer also traveling at those same high speeds. That's a lot of impact force given E=MC^2. We know Santa can do low runs because he sails over rooftops at high speed; so hitting the giant freak bunny is not difficult. As for Santa not staying in his sleigh, that's for me to decide, and hey, if I want my wartime Santa in his sleigh, pulled by a crack team of reindeer equipped with naturally sharp antlers, then that's what Santa is doing. :)

"Mutagenic- An agent, such as a chemical, ultraviolet light, or a radioactive element, that can induce or increase the frequency of mutation in an organism."

Yes, a mutant bunny that according to you has mutant bunny friends. We know how bunnies multiply, so it makes sense that your Mr Easter Bunny is to blame for the state of the populace.

""Of course Santa, if desirable, could simply run into our unfortunate pagan remnant. At those speeds, the only result would be a bloody snow stained rabbit smear."

"this makes no sense! and sense when are rabbits pagan""

Santa runs into Bunny with the sleigh. Result: one dead mess. See train lines, trains, idiots who play chicken. Bunnies are not pagan, correct. Bunnies associated with Easter are however. Eostre is a symbol of fertility... rabbits... well you get the idea I hope.

http://fanzone50.com...
http://www.infoplease.com...

"as you both said before Mutagenic Bunnies are not the same as regular bunnies and nothing close to grass loving hippies."

Rabbits eat grass. Easter rabbits are associated with springtime, hey let's celebrate nature and have sex, lady. Sounds hippie to me.>.>

"this is a stretch don't ya think and an authors opinion does not change the general idea of a Christmas elf."

You miss the point, Christmas elves existed far before the modern concept of your linked picture, and were still considered Christmas elves. Your linked picture is the deviation.

Their heritage as Christmas elves, is rooted in the Scandinavian myths of them being exactly that. The authors just collate the stories already told.

"yeah we knew a chick associated with springtime and sex, bunnies ..."

"what does this have to do with anything and it is also quite volger."

You are the one who chose her side, don't blame me if your knowledge on the subject is lacking. Did you think the Easter Bunny was created by Cadbury?

"once again he would be in the air so this has no affect."

Until he directs the sleigh to hit the bunny. Already addressed.

"these gnomes you speak of are still elves and are not magical they are just good workers."

I have shown links where that isn't the case. Here is another:

http://www.theholidayspot.com...

""like oh say, tranquiliser guns! Magic tranquiliser guns and just plain magic vs. ooo I'm a gonna gnaw at your boots..."
elves only make toys and that is not a toy."

A toy is whatever one plays with, the elves are playing with tranquilisers, made in the factory. :)

"Also it is more like bite your head off!"

This is not a Monty Python sketch.
Witty11

Pro

Witty11 forfeited this round.
Puck

Con

I suspect the Bunny is dead.. GO TEAM SANTA!
Witty11

Pro

Sorry about the forfeited round I was very busy. And the Bunny is very much alive thank you!

Firstly I fell that my opponent Has not read my citations. "I think you mean grenades. :P Where are these "often associated" evidences linking them to the Easter bunny?" firstly you can find were I got this information. Secondly they are not grenades. Thirdly Santa and the Easter Bunny are both magic so figuring out how He would get his hands on these is not difficult.

http://www.wisegeek.com...

My opponent states that "the Easter Bunny is a motif of Eostre, a Goddess associated with life, rebirth and renewal - not, Apocalypse Now: rabbit edition." I will agree that Easter is associated with Eostre, and life and what not. But the Easter Bunny on the other hand originated in 16th Century Germany (the Germans are very "militant") so all this "grass loving hippie" stuff is irrelevant
"Fat helps with the whole: haha you threw an egg, watch it bounce off me. See oh, Sumo wrestlers running into something." Yes I understand this but you yourself said that they will likely brake in your hand (which is just an attempt by my opponent to try to side step the truth that eggs can be thrown and will brake on CONTACT not in your hand) Also the sumo thing is irrelevant as well if you throw an egg at a sumo wrestler it will brake.

"Because they are eggs, not glass or poison for a start. A broken egg is just yolk or chocolate. Smelly, yes, deadly not likely." Once again you must not have read my citations because if you would have you would have known that the eggs are filled with poison and glass.

"Sure. It is also a rabbit. With paws." it is Mutagenic you said that your self and like I said before he would have grasping digits that work well enough to throw something even if he had paws.

"Santa can do low runs because he sails over rooftops at high speed; so hitting the giant freak bunny is not difficult" Firstly roofs are stationary so a moving rabbit would be next to impossible to hit. Secondly the only time Santa flies low is to stop on roofs on take off so his speeds would have to be decreased tremendously (not enough speed to kill the Easter Bunny).
"Yes, a mutant bunny that according to you has mutant bunny friends. We know how bunnies multiply, so it makes sense that your Mr Easter Bunny is to blame for the state of the populace." This statement is agreeing with the statement from the first round saying that" Bunnies outnumber Elves 7 to 1.
"Santa runs into Bunny with the sleigh. Result: one dead mess. See train lines, trains, idiots who play chicken. Bunnies are not pagan, correct. Bunnies associated with Easter are however. Eostre is a symbol of fertility... rabbits... well you get the idea I hope." as I said before Easter is, The Easter Bunny is not so that has no relevancy. Also rabbits are moving. "You miss the point, Christmas elves existed far before the modern concept of your linked picture, and were still considered Christmas elves. Your linked picture is the deviation." The Bunny and Santa are fighting in modern times that is the modern Christmas elf and also one of your link agrees with me (I will get to that later). "You are the one who chose her side, don't blame me if your knowledge on the subject is lacking. Did you think the Easter Bunny was created by Cadbury?" no it was created in 16th century Germany it is you who does not Know the Facts Sir.
http://www.theholidayspot.com... this link of yours agrees with the fact that elves are tiny and my posted picture is just like the ones you have on your link. It is also Known if you read up elves only make toys not play with them they are for the children not for them. And another thing the elves would to be busy to fight anyone they have to make toys for close to a billion kids they have no time to fight.

I would like to encourage people to vote PRO!
and I would like to also thank Puck for this debate.

I would also like to Inform Everyone that there will be a funeral service held Kris Kringle (Santa Claus) on the 24th of December at the Northern Gospel Church At the North Pole. We wish the family well. Also this year there will be no Christmas. This Easter will be the Very Biggest Easter ever!
Puck

Con

"firstly you can find were I got this information ...Thirdly Santa and the Easter Bunny are both magic..."

Let us check your links:

1. Definition of mutagenics; 2. My link from the prior round; 3. A blog about Spartans and Ninjas.

Nothing relevant there. The last link contains NO INSTANCES OF THE WORD EGG.

As for the magic clause, that's a no limits fallacy. I may as well say my Santa can magic H bombs and destroy the planet, and hence the Bunny. It's a ploy not related at all to the Easter Bunny in the slightest and it fails on that merit
alone. Unlike Santa, who has a production facility with labour.

Your link to wise geek is not related at all to your point.

"But the Easter Bunny on the other hand originated in 16th Century Germany (the Germans are very "militant") so all this "grass loving hippie" stuff is irrelevant"

Fallacy of composition. German folklore is largely indebted to Scandinavian folklore, having tribal migration from that region. Irrelevant however to the claim of a militant rabbit, since we have those very myths to look at, and their origin/basis, and it is distinctly not militant. It would be akin to saying all Germans are Nazis, because some were in the past; equally as fallacious as your premise.

"Yes I understand this but you yourself said that they will likely brake in your hand..."

What sort of damage is expected of eggs that simply break on impact? The concussive force, if the target mass can fracture the structure of the object, will unlikely therefore be great. Not to mention you ignore the issue of a rabbit paws.

"it is Mutagenic you said that your self and like I said before he would have grasping digits that work well enough to throw something even if he had paws."

Mutagenic relates more to its often increased size, not making it a non-bunny with human hands.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net...

"Firstly roofs are stationary so a moving rabbit would be next to impossible to hit. Secondly the only time Santa flies low is to stop on roofs on take off so his speeds would have to be decreased tremendously."

A sleigh pulled by magic reindeer doesn't have to slow down, because stopping is not the present concern. Nor is an evasive giant rabbit an issue - the capable speeds of Santa rendering the reaction times of the Rabbit largely moot due to the approach speed (has to see it coming first), not to mention nifty aerial maneuvers.

"This statement is agreeing with the statement from the first round saying that" Bunnies outnumber Elves 7 to 1."

Ants outnumber humans about 1:10,000, yet who is the ruling species? The number is not relevant, the capabilities are and your rabbits are just that, rabbits.

"as I said before Easter is, The Easter Bunny is not so that has no relevancy. Also rabbits are moving. "

The Easter Bunny is not linked to Eostre and paganism? Even you own link agreed with my statements of it. Moving Easter Bunny is adressed above.

"The Bunny and Santa are fighting in modern times that is the modern Christmas elf"

Maybe if your resolution demanded it, however it doesn't - and it would also render your rabbit, by this premise, to the sole use of coloured chicken eggs and chocolate ones, making your IT'S A SPARTAN NINJA RABBIT, defunct. Even if granted, all that does is remove the capricious side of my elves, not the fact they have a factory able to produce anything it seems, at whim.

"no it was created in 16th century Germany it is you who does not Know the Facts Sir."

Lol. Did you even read what your little sentence addressed and what to? I was asking about your denial of the Easter Bunny's association with a pagan heritage (repeatedly, so where you get that I did not know, I have no clue). Finally using Google, does not make your prior incorrect statements, magically disappear.

"this link of yours agrees with the fact that elves are tiny"

Did I say otherwise?

"and my posted picture is just like the ones you have on your link."

I did not argue that current motifs of the elves are anything other than what they are, simply they ignore for the large part, relevant history of the what constitutes Christmas elves. The cartoonish motifs are modern yes, also distinctly not East European. The issue is less of time but of place. :)

"It is also Known if you read up elves only make toys not play with them they are for the children not for them."

By such reasoning, eggs, which are only to be given away, make your rabbit, again, having null by your own premises. To give toys away, they must first be produced. What is done between the receive and the creation is open.

""And another thing the elves would to be busy to fight..."

They make the toys each year. The population of Earth increases, so too then must the requirements, which they accomplish with ease. :)
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Who would win I say Puck I think that we should vote Puck I hope that you all vote Puck when I vote Puck Puck gets the following

Conduct: CON (forfeit)
Grammar: CON (punctuation, capitalization)
Arguments: CON (PRO's arguments were either refuted or unfounded)
Sources: CON (PRO's sources did not defend his arguments as well. Further, CON had more sources)
Posted by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
I really think I'm giving all to Con...
Posted by Puck 7 years ago
Puck
Haha, spelling and grammar? Reallllly?
Posted by basketball_duncker 7 years ago
basketball_duncker
this is such a coooool debate, but I must say I kinda am drawn to santa Claus winning :P sorry
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
Witty11PuckTied
Vote Placed by shrink15 7 years ago
shrink15
Witty11PuckTied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Witty11PuckTied
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 7 years ago
Chrysippus
Witty11PuckTied
Vote Placed by zmiller20 7 years ago
zmiller20
Witty11PuckTied
Vote Placed by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Witty11PuckTied
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
Witty11PuckTied
Vote Placed by TheSkeptic 7 years ago
TheSkeptic
Witty11PuckTied
Vote Placed by Witty11 7 years ago
Witty11
Witty11PuckTied