Rational_Thinker9119
Sacbut

If The Universe Had A Finite A-Theoretic Past, Then The Universe Most Plausibly Has A Cause

Sacbut has forfeited round #1.

Rational_Thinker9119

Con

This debate is a challenge to see if Pro can effectively argue for the notion that the initial Big Bang state 13.7 billion years ago had a transcendent cause. I will try to undercut or outright refute his/ her arguments. This would be a more difficult task for my opponent if the universe is B-Theoretic, and it would be pretty difficult if he/ she had to show that the universe has a cause with absolute certainty. To make it easier I will assume for the sake of argument that the universe is past finite, and that the universe is A-Theoretic (that the Presentist's thesis is correct more specifically). Pro only has to show, under those assumptions, that the initial Big Bang state having a cause is significantly more plausible than the alternative (to the point where we should actually believe the universe has a cause).

The first round will be for my opponent to argue, in the last round my opponent will simply put "..." so we have the same amount of rounds to argue.
Posted by canis 8 months ago
canis
"Cause"...What ever..Just a thought....
Posted by canis 8 months ago
canis
What if not..?
Posted by Rational_Thinker9119 8 months ago
Rational_Thinker9119
No worries!
Posted by philochristos 8 months ago
philochristos
I can't do it, man. I'm sorry. :-(
Posted by Rational_Thinker9119 9 months ago
Rational_Thinker9119
Sounds good my friend, I hope you get everything sorted out :)
Posted by philochristos 9 months ago
philochristos
i would love to take this debate because it would force me to defend what i see as a difficulty with the KCA. Besides being limited on time, though, my computer is being weird. my tracking pad and cursor are wonky, making it almost impossible to use. my left shift key has stopped working. And my computer has gotten really slow. Don't delete the debate yet, though. maybe i can get it straightened out before the timer runs out, and i'll be able to take this debate.