GS2020
PowerPikachu21

If Tommy from Power Rangers were to reassume the Zeo powers now, he would be stronger then Superman

GS2020 has forfeited round #4.
Started: 4/4/2017 Category: TV

GS2020

Pro

I believe that if Tommy were to reassume the Zeo Powers now, he would be stronger then even the likes of Superman. I look forward to debating this.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Superman has bench pressed the weight of the Earth. He also travels faster than the speed of light. Superman is also invulnerable to everything except a red sun, magic, and kryptonite. How can this guy beat Superman in any of these categories? (Also, which ranger was Tommy?)
GS2020

Pro

As you don't know which Ranger Tommy was in Zeo (red by the way), I assume you don't know the deeper lore behind the season. The object that powers the Zeo rangers, introduced late in the final season of the original series is the Zeo crystal, split into 5 sub crystals to fuel the individual rangers. Part of the lore of the season states that the Zeo sub crystals gain power over time. In Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie, the Zeo powers along with the sub crystals were tossed aside in favor of what was (at that immediate time) more powerful, the Turbo powers, leading in to the 5th Season and 3rd installment of the series, Power Rangers Turbo. Though some people believe that the sub crystals fueled the Turbo powers, this is not true, as in the movie (which is canon), we see Kat almost morph using her Zeo powers when the Turbo powers were either being worked on or were already finished. Anyway, the movie came out in March 1997, which means it has now been 20 years since the Zeo powers have been touched. This means the sub crystals have had 20 years to gain power. If Tommy, the most powerful in the team, were to reassume the Zeo powers, his power output would multiply beyond belief. I believe that this would make him strong enough to defeat the Man of Steel.
PowerPikachu21

Con

This is pure speculation. And a few things wrong with your claim that I noticed...

"Part of the lore of the season states that the Zeo sub crystals gain power over time."

But we first need to see how powerful the Zeo crystals were when they were used in the movie. Looking at the wiki, I don't see the Zeo power actually being used. But it does seem pretty formidable.

"we see Kat almost morph using her Zeo powers"

However, the key word is "almost". Kat's Zeo powers weren't enough for a full morph. (In case you haven't seen Power Rangers, 'morph' means to get the armor you'd see them wearing)

It wasn't just Kat who got Zeo. According to the wiki, the Zeo Crystal was split into 5 (pretty equal, except for Pink Ranger's) sub-crystals , each going to one Ranger. If Kat couldn't morph properly, it would follow that the other 4 would also have limited power. In the image shown, Kat (the Pink Ranger) seems to have more than just a triangular shard like the other 4, suggesting she has more of the Zeo power. If Kat couldn't morph, then what power does each individual ranger have? Here's the image I'm referring to [Taken from Power Rangers wiki];

ZeoSubcrystals

Considering it was said it could "destroy the world", Zeo crystal's kind of confusing.

"Anyway, the movie came out in March 1997, which means it has now been 20 years since the Zeo powers have been touched. This means the sub crystals have had 20 years to gain power."

At what rate, might I ask? Perhaps this power gaining is very gradual, and it would only be at 2x the power from back then. We'd better find a source showing its power.

"If Tommy, the most powerful in the team, were to reassume the Zeo powers, his power output would multiply beyond belief."

Is this enough to bench press the Earth? According to Google, this is "5.972 × 10^24 kg" That's scary to think about. How much can Tommy lift? I'll let you answer that question. I've done more than enough.

Zeo Crystal; http://powerrangers.wikia.com...

Earth's weight; https://www.google.com...;*
GS2020

Pro

The reason Kat did not morph all of the way in the Turbo movie was not because of limited power, but because her falling into the ocean caused her zeonizer to malfunction. Anyway, back to the power multiplication of the Zeo Crystal. When the rangers first founght King Mondo, the machine king, directly, they got destroyed. In the finale of the series though, just Tommy and Trey were able to deal with him with little trouble. This would mean that the increase in power in the Zeo sub crystals happens relatively quickly. If left for 20 years, that kind of power could surpass that of everything in the morphing grid and beyond, the beyond Part including Superman.
PowerPikachu21

Con

You're leaving out some important information. How many episodes were between the first King Mondo fight and the finale? And more importantly, how many weeks passed between those two events in the movie's timeline? Keep in mind that a few days between an episode's release dates could be weeks for those characters.

And we also need you to source Kat falling into the ocean, preferably a quotation from a charcter's thoughts on said matter. If you're going to post a video, use a time stamp so I don't have to watch the whole thing.

Also, is there a maximum potential for the Zeo Crystal? That's another possibility I forgotten about. Maybe the Zeo Crystal has a limit? I'm not seeing a whole lot on the wiki page.