Digitallover12
Sukhmeet

If a Guy thinks that pokemon is better than digimon he's mistaken

Sukhmeet

Digitallover12

Pro

Ok i believe digimon is better than Pokemon why, pokemon is just monsters who call thier names they need Guidance of Humans and you can get a bunch of them
Lemme explain the rounds
1) points of views
2) arguing to opponent
3-5) Pokemon vs Digimon battles
note that no general things no getting out of pokemon vs Digimon Nothing else
Sukhmeet

Con

The reason I think that if a guy likes Pokemon than it is ultimately his own opinion. Not all Pokemon have a human master, have you ever heard of wild Pokemon, they lead themselves perfectly fine without human assistance. Digimon has some benefits of it's own such as really cool looking monsters. (In Pokemon and Digimon, mon means monster). Personally I enjoy Pokemon more because it has really awesome video games, such as X and Y, and Gale of XD. Everyone as probably played pokemon or watched it or collected their trading cards, not as much as digimon
Digitallover12

Pro

It's about a 10 year old boy and his Pikachu that grows stronger everyday. And you know what? It's still about that same 10 year old boy and that same Pikachu getting stronger, a good 12 years later. I can't understand how anyone can call it a cheap ripoff, the only thing similar between Pokemon and Digimon is the "-mon." In Digimon there was more than one person, and they were fighting to save the world, not to become a master trainer. They only ever had one monster with them ever, instead of capturing a bunch of different ones, you got to get to know all the characters (not just 3 or 4) and their monsters (because they never changed), instead of having to update yourself every week or two. In my opinion, Pokemon was, and still is, all about the money, there's barely even a story behind the series. Go ahead, I dare you to prove me wrong; what's it about again? He's trying to become a pokemon master. And then what? The series is basically a bunch of fillers as opposed to the in depth significance of light and darkness in Digimon. AND unlike Pokemon, you got to see how the main characters aged, I swear Ash has to be like 30 by now, how unrealistic is that?
Sukhmeet

Con

Pokemon always has new characters that what keeps the story-line from ending so the directors don't even have to end the show. They change the girls every season and I remember when Gary Oak was actually a part of the Pokemon story. DIgimon just has the same characters trying to save the world, which is so cliche in the world today, also even when we stop watching a particular type of anime that doesn't mean that the next generation will feel the same way. The other fact is you still failed to mention the Pokemon video games where you actually do have to stop the bad guy(team), and Pokemon makes a lot more money than Digimon. But we are forgetting that your argument was based on that if someone enjoys Pokemon more than Digimon than they are wrong; however, we are only mentioning the T.V series. There was also Pokemon Chronicles which allowed new people to enter the show. Digimon also will probably not outlive Pokemon because of the fact that they grow up, also anime tv is not meant to be realistic, that is what keeps it going, like people are ever going to be playing with monsters, so I would have to say that both shows are pretty unrealistic. The story behind Pokemon is simple, a boy tries to get gym badges and become a pokemon champion.
Digitallover12

Pro

Now for pokemon and digimon battles pokemon are strong
Xerneas
yveltal
Arceus and all the trios
But Digimon are equipped with missiles and armor So they get the upper hand And perhaps
Arceus's Judgement = Destroys Couple' of blocks
Lucemon's pardise lose= Busted a moon
Omnimon X made a remade the universe and Restarted it
There are digimon that control time and space and Anti matter ,so you cant say that Pokemon dialga will get back in time and destroys them before they are born there are digimons that can make pokemon trapped in between two dimensions
Sukhmeet

Con

For Pokemon battles they can create a real surprise like they can evolve in battle, evolution doesn't exist in the same way in digimon as pokemon, even though there is a Digivlution, certain Pokemon have special abilities in battle that can be good for them or just be there weakness, so there is that uncertainty, I know certain Digimon can fight well if equipped with a certain item, I forgot what it was called, there are super effective and not effective, which allows a low pokemon to beat a legendary such as a Zapdos and a Golem, flying not effected by ground and ground not effected by electric; so there is the chance of beating a pokemon that is clearly stronger than your own.
Digitallover12

Pro

digimon can also Dna Digivolve like Devimon and Angemon DNA Digivolve into Lucemon falldown mode and as for digimon special abilities Gallantmon Crimson mode Wears a Chrome Digizoid armor but if you make a digimon like omnimon equip the Chrome Digizoid armor it's added effects ( Only for Gallantmon Crimson mode ) wont be any use for omnimon As for Type advantages There is advantage of type Like A Kuwagamon this will be it's stats
Atk 100
Def 100
Spirit 100
speed 100
etc
This is S Exp of The Kuwagamon
dragon 79000
aquwan 9000
insectplant 9000
Holy 9000
and others 9000
Its dragon s exp is more ( s exp means Species Experience ) so it is resistant to it and is more effective at the same time
There are many Choices in Evolution they just don't evolve into the same creature every time like a Ducklett it can only evolve in to a swanna but as for Biyomon it can evolve into either Birdramon or saberdramon
And one more thing
No offense But ZEEDMILLENIUMON SOLOS
Sukhmeet

Con

First of all certain Pokemon can evolve into more than one thing, EEVEE! Next, Pokemon can use their EXP to be stronger and even if a Pokemon does't have the same type as it's move that still leads to damage. Every Pokemon can learn different moves so it requires a lot of strategy to play Pokemon and they can only use 4 moves to keep the game fair for both you and your opponent. Digimon you can only fight as strong as your weapons and armor is, kind of like GTA. Pokemon also can be an amazing card game, I tried playing Digimon cards, but it seemed hard, the designs looked nice though. when you battle with Pokemon cards you can actually fight with at least 6 different Pokemon; that one thing can be a difference in Pokemon and Digimon 6 vs 1, let us say that you have a weak Digimon, you will probably be destined to lose, and 6 Pokemon helps bring that uncertainty
Digitallover12

Pro

another thing is that you are mistaken about weapons and armor they dont only fight with that but their skills
For example An Imperialidramon Pm Paladin mode not only it can strike with it's sword "Blutgang" but can use it can use it's hands to deflect and strike enemies why do they make digimon with modes, its for the purpose of switching their weapons into their natural insticnts like you can beat an Well equipped Omnimon with a Wargreymon How Wargreymon is a pile of dust to Omnimon because of Wargreymon's ability Attack Up3 which varies depending on the condition of the digimon if you give Imperialidramon Pm Paladin mode's sword 'blutgang' to Wargreymon it will have no effect just rise his attack by 20 to 40
there are attack of digimon that depend on the condition like Terra force is much powerful if Wargreymon is outnumbered or weak and Attackup3 will Boost attack of the terra force
weak digimon are not destined to lose there defense will increase and Normal defense as if you count ZEEDMILLENIUMON ( Which solos ) even if it has 1 hp remaining it's health will increase by 600 every turn.You dont understand easily ZEEDMILLENIUMON has abiity of Stat rush all of its stats will increase drammatically every turn and it's 100 percent natural no armor no sword Just His In Built powers
Sukhmeet

Con

To end up my argument I just want to show some actually footage from Pokemon and Digimon
Pokemon:
Digimon:
I am trying to be impartial and fair
There are certain moves that can finish a pokemon in one move, horn drill
There are good moves from Digimon like Deadly bomb
They both fight very hard
Pokemon is great; however, Digimon is a good competition
When a pokemon loses you can assure that it will be safe and secure at a PC, you can have 100s of pokemon even a really amazing battle like a war
Real evidence of pokemon war :
That is why Pokemon battles are much better
Posted by PeriodicPatriot 3 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
Asking... why is this ought to be in the Entertainment category?
Posted by legodude123 3 years ago
legodude123
to me pokemon is a waste of time and digimon is not bad you all yhink it sucks cuz it has mon in it
Posted by legodude123 3 years ago
legodude123
Posted by Sukhmeet 3 years ago
Sukhmeet
I am doing that while talking to you
Posted by Digitallover12 3 years ago
Digitallover12
You better concentrate on writing your debate i finished my r 5 debate for quite a while
Posted by Sukhmeet 3 years ago
Sukhmeet
cool, I'm 16
Posted by Digitallover12 3 years ago
Digitallover12
yup you are right i am just 13
Posted by Sukhmeet 3 years ago
Sukhmeet
I'm a teenager an I think this debate was very unique, I am actually surprised a 20 year old still watches Digimon, unless you are probably not 20
Posted by Digitallover12 3 years ago
Digitallover12
Yeah But we will be happy when our efforts bear fruit
Posted by Sukhmeet 3 years ago
Sukhmeet
I'm surprised that we went through so much in one day
Vote Placed by Tophatdoc 3 years ago
Tophatdoc
Digitallover12SukhmeetTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had more convincing arguments because he addressed Pro's claims. Pro did not reply to any of Con's claims.Source goes to Con for using Youtube. While Pro failed to provide a single source. Good luck to you both in future debates.