Yraelz
darksage13

If a creator and an anti-creator do exist then we should not follow the teachings of the bible.

Yraelz

Pro

I would be interested in seeing a Christian take this debate but I really don't care.

My stance is this, if a creator exists and an anti-creator (for example Satan would be an anti-creator in christianity) then we should not follow the teachings of the bible.

Your move!
darksage13

Con

ok i will take you on this. in christianity we have God- the creator. what you fail to understand is that satan is not a creator. he was created by God. so your argument that satan is a so called "anti creator" falls and so does your entire argument.
Yraelz

Pro

.........

First of the resolution is purely hypothetical. It says quite specifically "if". Thus whether Satan is a creator or not is completely irrelevant as we are still examining a hypothetical situation here.

Secondly I never said he was a creator, I said he was an anti-creator, a term that in this instance means nothing aside from the fact that he, or she I suppose, is opposed to god.

Having cleared up this issue.... I will now go on to present my idea. We should not follow the teaching of the bible because it is probable that Jesus was in fact Satan in disguise.
darksage13

Con

darksage13 forfeited this round.
Yraelz

Pro

Considering my opponent didn't bother posting anything I am just going to clarify on my idea.

Obviously many christians at this point don't believe in a literal interpretation of Satan but that is beside the point as the debate allows for such. I offer a logical progression of points.

1. Everything outside of the kingdom of god is within the kingdom of darkness, commonly belonging to Satan. (This point might prove to be irrelevant but I like it anyways.)

2. God occasionally tests man's faith. There are a great many ways that god tests man's faith. We have things ranging all the way from false idols to sin.

3. God allows Satan to act as a test of man's faith. For example look to all of the religions of the past and some in our current time. Satanism is a pretty sweet example, Hinduism, Judaism, Roman mythology, Greek mythology, Buddhism, Chinese universalism, Muslim, Taoism etc....

Many of these religions reportedly have had representations of their gods that descended to earth and walked among the people. Considering that, if the christian god's existence is true then none of these other religions would be true. Thus many of those false religions would have to have been representations from Satan. Many of those false idols of Satan or parts of his fallen angel army.

4. God allows false religions to exist on earth, they function as a test to man's faith.

5. Satan sends himself to earth more often than God does. Considering that most religions cannot co-exist without obvious contradictions this means that Satan is responsible for every religion not true. This also means that the divine beings in those religions were of Satan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Observers, please post comments concerning my original 5 points if you feel they are wrong in someway. Obviously the bible is very open to interpretation, so I'm looking for blatantly wrong here.)

6. The best way for Satan to lead people away from God would be to send a representation of himself to the earth disguised as a representation of God. From their Satan could preform miracles in order to gain followers and convince people of his divine being. From their all Satan would have to do would be to preach an acceptable religion.

7. Satan acted on the idea in number 6, obviously he has in the past, why not again? Satan sent himself disguised as a man named Jesus to earth. In turn he, as Jesus, walked on water, healed wounds, and fed people with 2 fish and some bread. Jesus preached of the true god but instead of leading people toward him actually preached morals which the true god does not believe in. Many of these morals, not to say all, sound good to the average human thus the religion became popular.

8. Hereby Satan has managed to lead about 1/3 of the earth away from God. This has happened many times in the past, and it is empirically denied that God would be more likely than Satan of sending himself to this earth. Therefor it empirically more likely that Jesus was simply another portrayal of Satan in sheep's clothing. =)

Thus I must restate. It is more likely that Satan would make the bible than God making the bible. Therefor we should avoid following the bible.
darksage13

Con

darksage13 forfeited this round.
Posted by snicker_911 8 years ago
snicker_911
There is no Satan. God is our Creator. Case closed. No questions asked. :)
Posted by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
Anyone care to vote on this:

http://www.debate.org...

?
Posted by Bitz 8 years ago
Bitz
What if Satan is the creator and God is the anti-creator?
Posted by beem0r 8 years ago
beem0r
Jesus was Satan, but he was NOT in disguise. By his supernatural Satan powers, he managed to trick everyone into not noticing his devilish guise.
We don't have any pictures of Jesus from the time he lived... COINCIDENCE? Satan/Jesus managed to have all portraits of himself destroyed, so he wouldn't have to continually use his Satan powers to trick people who saw the painting into not noticing his devilish guise.
Posted by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
Oh well, I'm sure he'll probably clarify, I gave him another something to attack anyways.
Posted by Bitz 8 years ago
Bitz
I think what Con was trying to say in Round 1 is that since the creator created the anti creator, the creator would be more powerful?...Pehaps the creator is controlling the anti-creator and made the anti creator opposed to the creator in the first place...so even if we follow the teachings of the anti creator, we would tecnically still be following the teachings of the creator, since the creator made the anti creator write the bible..........................................................ok actually after looking over cons argument again, I really don't know what he was trying to say.
Posted by beem0r 8 years ago
beem0r
Con round 1 amazed me, and not in a good way.
Posted by Ironduke 8 years ago
Ironduke
Question: What are you trying to say. What about a Creator and an Anti-Creator???

How does that affect belief. Please expound.
Posted by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
Hence why I named him the anti-creator.......
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Yraelzdarksage13Tied
Vote Placed by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
Yraelzdarksage13Tied
Vote Placed by jiffy 8 years ago
jiffy
Yraelzdarksage13Tied
Vote Placed by sillycow 8 years ago
sillycow
Yraelzdarksage13Tied
Vote Placed by bexy_kelly 8 years ago
bexy_kelly
Yraelzdarksage13Tied
Vote Placed by b3rk 8 years ago
b3rk
Yraelzdarksage13Tied
Vote Placed by apathy77 8 years ago
apathy77
Yraelzdarksage13Tied